Rayday
hi234

Atheists are wrong

hi234

Rayday

Con

Atheism is pointless. They believe in a meaningless random universe that was made just because. How did the big bang happen? Where did all those atoms come from? They were just there right? So he universe is also just here? No beginning? If you can counter my arguments that please do so.
hi234

Pro

"Atheism is pointless. They believe in a meaningless random universe that was made just because. "
No, They just deny the existence of a god. If you can prove that a god exists, Then atheism is pointless because then its beliefs are false.
"How did the big bang happen? Where did all those atoms come from? They were just there right? So he universe is also just here? "
Well, We aren't certain yet, But just because we can't find an answer now doesn't mean that atheism is pointless.
"No beginning? "
We're not certain yet.
"If you can counter my arguments that please do so. "
I think I did an okay job.

https://www. Google. Com/search? Q=what+is+atheism&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS811US811&oq=what+is+atheism&aqs=chrome. . 69i57j0l5. 2575j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&safe=active&ssui=on
https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Big_Bang
Rayday

Con

God exists on your level of faith. Everybody has faith but some people choose to accept it and others don't. Why do you believe Infinity exists even though you will never experiencine it? Why did you believe parallel universes exist even though you will never experience them? Because you have faith. How do I know that you're human you're not an alien? Because I have faith. Say you put a cat in a box of poison and close the Box you have no way of knowing if the cat is dead or alive so until you open the box the cat that is both dead and alive but you have faith that the cat is alive. We will never know how the universe was made since we never experienced it. Yet it says it all in Religion. But you refuse to accpet that because you are blind to acknowledge faith. Instead you choose to accept a random answer even though there is a legitimate ansewr. That is the most unscientific ansewr I have ever heard of.
hi234

Pro

"God exists on your level of faith. "
I need physical proof, Not 'faith' to prove that god exists.
" Everybody has faith but some people choose to accept it and others don't. "
Okay. . .
"Why do you believe Infinity exists even though you will never experiencine it? "
Well, What if I don't believe if infinity exists?
"Why did you believe parallel universes exist even though you will never experience them? "
Well, What if I don't believe that they exist.
" Because you have faith. "
Or, The theory made sense to me and therefore I accepted that theory.
"How do I know that you're human you're not an alien? Because I have faith. "
No, You know that I'm a human because my DNA is like a humans.
"Say you put a cat in a box of poison and close the Box you have no way of knowing if the cat is dead or alive so until you open the box the cat that is both dead and alive but you have faith that the cat is alive. "
No, I hope that the cat is alive. That doesn't mean that the cat is alive, Nor does this prove god.
" We will never know how the universe was made since we never experienced it. "
We can never be certain before you try.
" Yet it says it all in Religion. But you refuse to accpet that because you are blind to acknowledge faith. Instead you choose to accept a random answer even though there is a legitimate ansewr. "
So you say to not trust something that you havent experienced, Yet you point to the bible? Nice hyprocracy there. Also, Whats the answer then?
"That is the most unscientific ansewr I have ever heard of. "
Says the guy who would point to religion for the answer of the universe.
Rayday

Con

Okay let's try again, Most atheist belifs are illogaical and not based on evidance. You believe the universe is random. Would you take random as a valid reason for anything? You are saying matter was a random creation. There is a difference between blind Faith and faith based on data. Science Wich is all about data needs faith. Beliving in a scientific axiom wether it be Infinty or Universes require faith. It is more irrational and unscientific to believe that everything exist out of pure luck than to believe that everything has a cause. So you believe in science and science is faith and there is your physical proof and the theory is faith.
hi234

Pro

"Okay let's try again, Most atheist belifs are illogaical and not based on evidance. "
The only thing that connects atheists together is the lack of belief in a god.
" You believe the universe is random. "
What if I don't? That doesn't matter in the atheist world, All that matter is a disbelief in a god.
"Would you take random as a valid reason for anything? "
Well, No, But would you take some all powerful guy who you can't even see as a reason for anything? They're theories, Not facts. We aren't certain, We need to do more research. Can you accept that we don't know yet?
" You are saying matter was a random creation. "
I haven't said that.
"There is a difference between blind Faith and faith based on data. "
No, When you mean faith based on data, You mean inquiries, Or possible solutions to answer why or how something happens. But, Yes, There is a difference.
"Science Wich is all about data needs faith. "
You mean research, Experiments, And theories, Right?
"Beliving in a scientific axiom wether it be Infinty or Universes require faith. "
You mean a sound argument. Science doesn't care about your faith, It only wants the truth.
" It is more irrational and unscientific to believe that everything exist out of pure luck than to believe that everything has a cause. "
I mean, As long as you have sound evidence to support that everything has a cause/everything is random, Is it really irrational?
"So you believe in science and science is faith and there is your physical proof and the theory is faith. "
No, Science is not faith. I'll link two definitions below so that you can understand the difference between faith and science so that you can understand.

I asked Con to prove that god exists and Con has failed to done so. Con also assumes that all atheist believe in the same things when in reality the only thing that brings them together is a lack of belief in a god. Con hasn't brought up any evidence that can stand to scrutiny because Con believes that if you have faith in something, That is physical proof that god exists, And thus, Tries to use this brain of thought to say that science is basically faith-based. If Con can prove that god exists, I will concede this debate.

https://www. Google. Com/search? Q=fiath&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS797US797&oq=fiath&aqs=chrome. . 69i57j0l5. 763j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www. Google. Com/search? Rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS797US797&ei=jDR-W9GINuic0gKX6JmoDw&q=science+definintion&oq=science+definintion&gs_l=psy-ab. 3. . 0i10k1l10. 2816. 7647. 0. 7791. 24. 19. 5. 0. 0. 0. 159. 1844. 13j6. 19. 0. . . . 0. . . 1. 1. 64. Psy-ab. . 0. 24. 1851. . . 0j0i131i67k1j0i131i20i264k1j0i67k1j0i131k1j0i20i264k1. 0. N7ofZHM7KYc
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Rayday - If you can prove faith, You'd be the ---only--- person in the history of the human race to do as such.
Here's a few videos to help you with faith since you refuse to take text at its word. The links may fail. If they do you can copy and paste the text of the links into the youtube search engine and the video will be the first videos that appears.
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=XcB_g_ElIdQ&t=168s - Another Appeal To Faith - The Atheist Experience
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=6sJbAWDrB_Q - Atheist Experience-Faith has no place for seeking truth
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=q_XBX6lH2hA - Atheist Debates Appeals to Faith
Posted by Rayday 3 years ago
Rayday
Faith is proven. Read my last argument science requires faith. God is faith. So therefore you believe god did whatever your having faith in since god is faith. Dont bring christianity in this. That religion is full of liars.
Posted by Rayday 3 years ago
Rayday
"Without Religion Science Is Lame Without Science There Is No Religion"
-Albert Einstine
Posted by hi234 3 years ago
hi234
Please, Vote for pro, I think I did a decent job at debunking someone, And I would appreciate some criticism about how I debunked someone and how I can improve, So if you have some criticism, Please put it in your vote. Thank you, And have a lovely evening.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Why is it that no religion, Not one, Has ---ever--- been proven to be true by anyone ---ever---? Why is it true that with all religions they all require faith from its god(s)? Faith is not a pathway to truth. Anyone can claim faith for anything especially for any religion. Also since any god from any religion is an extraordinary claim, You and or those who believe in that religion would have to present extraordinary evidence to support their claims. Well where is that evidence? Faith is not evidence. Faith cannot be proven. Christianity as an example - the bible is NOT evidence. Its a storybook that no one has proven its god or anything for that matter except for its hatred especially its supposed god in hating children.

Faith:
"Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn"t a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith. If faith is your pathway you can"t distinguish between christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, Any of these others. How is it that you use ---reason--- in every of the other endeavor in your life and then when it comes to the ultimate truth, The most important truth your"re saying that faith is required and how is that supposed to reflect on a god? What kind of a god requires faith instead of evidence? " Matt Dillahunty

"Faith is the reason people give when they don"t have evidence. " Matt Dillahunty

"Faith can be very very dangerous, And deliberately to implant it into the vulnerable mind of an innocent child is a grievous wrong. " Richard Dawkins

"Faith is the great cop-out, The great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is the belief in spite of, Even perhaps because of, The lack of evidence. " Richard Dawkins
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
An uncaused God is more complicated than an uncaused Big Bang. When it comes to comparing arguments where there is no hope of actually getting any physical evidence, There is a long-standing heuristic to help distinguish between theories, Called Occam's Razor: it turns out that when all evidence is accounted for, The theory with fewest assumptions is more likely to be true. God requires many properties and complexities such as consciousness, Thought, Personality, Creative drive, Love, An internal logic ordering its thoughts so that it can think coherently and rationally, Memory, Etc: All of these properties must have been derived from somewhere. It turns out that God is a vastly more complicated thing than the Big Bang and the fundamental laws of the Universe.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Religion will denounce science when it disagrees with its superstitious claims, But then uses science to prove its superstitious claims, You can't have it both ways. Science never uses religion to prove anything. Religious faith is both arrogant and ignorant. Because of it's certainty
Far from being arrogant the scientific method is one of humility. It acknowledges the limits of our current knowledge. It doesn"t provide explanations or answers from a position of ignorance, But investigates the unknown in an attempt to reach understanding based on empirical evidence. Surely it is the superstitious or religious approach which claims to know the answers without any evidence except "faith" that is the arrogant approach.
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
@Rayday

Oh gosh you already lost in the first round. . .
Posted by hi234 3 years ago
hi234
What? It says I can't post my argurment because its not my turn?
Vote Placed by wampe 3 years ago
wampe
Raydayhi234Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Can just kept making baseless claims and stating what Pro's positions were, straw man...
Vote Placed by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Raydayhi234Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ""Atheism is pointless. They believe in a meaningless random universe that was made just because." This shows that Con doesn't know what he is talking about and groups atheists into a whole, like a book. Pro "No, They just deny the existence of a god." This is true and that's all atheism is and nothing more. Con's spelling was atrocious.