jonnyboy39
TheMarketLibertarian

Atheists:world from nothing or creator?

jonnyboy39

jonnyboy39

Pro

God is creator of the universe.For a thing to cone into existence there needs to be a cause,nothing comes from nothing.To have a bang you need a "banger" God pulled the trigger and the universe came forth.
Before you ask me "who caused God" ask yourself why am i asking this,God is ,he is eternal.
Things in our universe are winding down,they must of been wound up.
Anything made needs a maker,God is neccessary "In the BEGINNING God",he was there he lives forever he holds all things together.
TheMarketLibertarian

Con

Why? Why does the universe having a cause mean there is an invisible man in the sky who created everything? Why not a giant purple cat named mable? Why not a naked wizard man who lives in a cave? Why not a 3 ft tall toad? Why God? While you're at answering that question- answer me this also- why your God? Why not some other God? Why not Brahma, why not Odin, why not Chaac, why not Waheguru, why not Allah? Why does it have to be your God?
jonnyboy39

Pro

No purple cat is making the claim.No 3ft tall toad is making a claim.God (Jehovah) of the bible,he is God and creator.
There is no definitive evidence anywhere,please dont get into evidence when discussing "invisible" realms,we simply dont know.
It has to be God of the bible or the christian God,becauce it makes claims about outer realities that we have too test,also inner realities we can affirm.
Yes you are right in a sense saying "invisible man in the sky" for God is spirit.
TheMarketLibertarian

Con

That's not an argument
jonnyboy39

Pro

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth,there you go,thats my stance.
Evolutionists and/or atheists believe in a big bang,wellso do I.I believe when God spoke there was a big bang,the evidence of what we now see,and i put this down to creator God.
Evolutionists,atheists say "it just happened" or even worse "something came from nothing" utter foolishness.I back up my claim in God by my and countless others i know ;inner reality change of heart.The alternative is messy,guessing.
TheMarketLibertarian

Con

See round 1
Posted by jonnyboy39 3 years ago
jonnyboy39
Thank you for this opportunity
Vote Placed by princearchitect 3 years ago
princearchitect
jonnyboy39TheMarketLibertarianTied
Reasons for voting decision: In my estimation, Pro had slightly better conduct than Con in this debate because Con didn't offer anything how something can come from nothing. No one gets a point for better spelling and grammar because Pro & Con had bad spelling and grammar. Pro gets the point for more convincing arguments as Con used the entire debate simply to ask questions. Neither Pro or Con provided any sources so that remains a tie.
Vote Placed by JimShady 3 years ago
JimShady
jonnyboy39TheMarketLibertarianTied
Reasons for voting decision: I am a theist, therefore I side with jonnyboy39 (gets no points for that though). Conduct and sources are tied, but TheMarketLibertarian gets S/G because Pro did an awful job with grammar. As for arguments, the title of this debate is "nothing or creator". Pro says God, and God does not imply the Christian God automatically. Con makes numerous assumptions of who this specific God is, which means he basically forfeits saying there IS a creator. Unfortunately Pro does not see this opening and instead defends that Jehovah, is the one true God because he has revealed himself to the masses. A usable but lame argument. However, at least it is one. Con unwittingly concedes there is a creator, not the alternative nothing, and thus loses this debate in my opinion.
Vote Placed by PowerPikachu21 3 years ago
PowerPikachu21
jonnyboy39TheMarketLibertarianTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro makes the claim that the universe came from God. Con tries semantics like "Maybe it wasn't 'God' " or "Maybe it wasn't your God". But Pro points out that the Christian God is the one claiming to have made the Universe. [Also, does it matter if it was a cat or a nine tailed fox? Can't we just call this God?] Anyways, Con failed to put sufficient doubt on God creating the Universe, only questioning if it was God per se. But I have to award S&G points to Con, as Pro had horrid S&G, mainly not putting spaces after commas and periods, making it a bit more tedious to read.