Smooosh
frankfurter50

Ayn Rand should have wrote a childrens book!

Smooosh has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Debating Period

Smooosh

Pro

Ayn Rand should have wrote a childrens book so we can read stories to our kids about self loving greed and how it's a virtue, and any notions of self sacrifice or altruism is evil, so we can instill a "hero mentality" in superior children. Also to teach them that those who are of a "slave mentality" are inferior!
frankfurter50

Con

Ayn Rand was a Russian traitor who wrote propaganda for Joe McCarthy during the cold war. Her books are long and dull, and I don't think kids could grasp complex economics from her perspective. I also believe she was an awful person to desert her own country and not try to improve the conditions back home. She's a capitalist piece of junk.
Smooosh

Pro

Ayn Rands family was robbed of all the wealth her father worked hard to earn for them. The communist proletariat thugs made it impossible for them to earn a decent living for themselves, but at least her family did what they could so Ayn could get an education abroad and make a decent living for herself. I find it difficult to reason that Ayn Rand was a traitor of a country that robbed her of her wealth and considered her family to be evil because they were entrepreneurs and Jewish. If writing propagandist speeches for Joe McCarthy put food on my plate, then I wouldn't snub my nose at the opportunity, and furthermore, I'm not even sure that she did write anything for McCarthy because she didn't really even like him! My opponent seems to be a communist apologist, but simultaneously recognizes that the living conditions in Russia were terrible at best. I suppose my opponent would say that any Jews who left nazi germany before the war was a traitor because they didn't try to improve conditions back home.
frankfurter50

Con

Ayn Rand's family was rich when Russia became communist, so she objected to the notion of her diamonds and treasure being given to the less fortunate. She's a cur. Ayn escaped to the United States before they could grasp a single penny from her cold miserly hands. I can see her own country thinbking of her as evil- she wasn't willing to go along with their great Marxist experiment. Her books- "We The Living," in particular, are biased and show just how petty she wasWe The Living isn't even a novel, it's a two thousand word autobiography about how communist Russia sucked. How are we supposed to know who was right and who was wrong during the Cold War? I'd say America was just as evil as Communist Russia. She founded Libertarianism, which is a guise for republican pigs to hide behind when they don't want to admit they're filthy, evil republicans. I bet she was best pals with Joe McCarthy and they went out and plastered signs on every wall. You can't compare communism to fascism, they're different concepts. Communism is a lot better.
Posted by Smooosh 2 years ago
Smooosh
Ya, me like Russian too.
Posted by frankfurter50 2 years ago
frankfurter50
They're nice. Russia is nice.
Posted by DeletedUser 2 years ago
DeletedUser
what did you say about russian people?
Posted by frankfurter50 2 years ago
frankfurter50
It shall be. Four super-duper rounds.
Posted by Smooosh 2 years ago
Smooosh
Oooooo gooodie, this'll be fun then!
Posted by frankfurter50 2 years ago
frankfurter50
I hate Ayn Rand.