Balletishard
MEMERDANK

Ballet is harder than football

Balletishard has forfeited round #3.
Started: 3/20/2018 Category: Sports
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Balletishard

Pro

First off, Ballet is extremely hard, we ballet dancers (not ballerinas because ballerinas are Principle dancers) do not "prance" around across the floor. We work hard, we have to think about pulling up our legs, knees, thighs, necks, backs, and stomachs. We have to pay attention to where were looking, the positions of our heads, the softness and delicacy of our fingers as well as dancing, the counts, patterns, the music, pointing your feet (which hurts really badly) and SO much more. People just see a pretty girl in a pink tutu doing "turns" smiling, but all you see is a smile so you believe that what she's doing is easy, but what you don't see is her blisters, broken toenails, sweaty face, burning muscles, grinding bones, and cramps, you just see a pretty face. People say oh ballet is easy football is way harder because we have to bench press 500 Lbs and push people 3x our size, but in Ballet boys have to lift girls that are up to 300 lbs for a long amount of time GRACEFULLY without looking like their about to die. You foot ball players just have to lift a light weight ball and throw it. You claim that it's hard to tackle but if you know how to use your positioning, stance, grip, legs, MUSCLES, and momentum it shouldn't be that hard, heck, I can even tackle my older brothers that happen to be 20 years older than me it doesn't take much strength to push someone does it? People also claim that ballet is gay or boys that do it are gay, but actually us ballet dancers are barely around boys so we wouldn't feel anything towards boys, also we don't really get to talk to the girls in the class because Hello were in the middle of a class. But football players are constantly around boys even sharing disgusting sweaty locker rooms and in game they are physically touching other boys around the waist. Us ballet dancers have to deal with constant bullying and it hurts our hearts when people say that what we spend our lives and many excruciating hours of pain and dedication, and MONEY on is girly, stupid, or doable by anyone. Us ballet dancers have to stay close to under weight, doing lots of cardio and yes, working out to lift girls, and eat right so we can't eat all of those hamburgers you football players eat, We have to use the floor, point really hard, walk on our toes, look graceful, smile, hold our legs high making our legs do a 170 degree angle, pay attention to our arm position, remember combinations, have coordination, have turn out, jump high, higher than football players, and spend hours and hours of training ( I spend 30 hours a week training 6 days a week) at a sophisticated ballet school. Football players see dancers at their schools and say it's easy but that's only because schools are only allowed to teach students the foundations of ballet and basically basic training and when you football players take ballet class at their schools and say its hard but in fact they are only doing basic ballet work "doable by anyone" and do it bad not getting any benefit or physical gain they say they "feel the burn" but they just feel 1% of 100% of basic training. If they were to do sophisticate ballet at a good school that teaches the ABT curriculum they would be DEAD. Not only does ballet have these requirements but ballet dancers also have to get acquainted with french terms such as tendu / stretch
plie / bend fondu / melt degage / dis engage pirouette / spin and many other terms (these are just the basics) People say that ballet is not a sport I, still recognize ballet as a spart a sport and art because ballet is competitive Many competitions include ADC (I'm going to ADC in 1 week) IBC, Yagp, Next generation and star Power, and ballet does entertain, what's the purpose of ballet if it doesn't? Unless your cross training you don't do ballet for yourself you do it for other people to watch and be inspired, the whole purpose of ballet is to Entertain. Dancers have to spend LOTS of money dancing for me I have to spend 3,000 dollars to go to ADC to pay for coaching fees, and 4,000 dollars to do a Texas summer intensive including dormitory fees. Just for my regular ballet class I have to spend 3,000 dollars a YEAR along with showcase fees, and special program fees. I don't even see a reason for people to watch football it just people throwing around a football, kicking a football, running, and tackling. Also football players spend more of their time practicing than playing games they practice for a couple of hours rest for a couple of days repeat then do a big game then repeat, but dancers practice everyday and we perform for our teachers and are judged and critiqued as well. We are always being watched and have to worry about people's opinions and thoughts. Football players just run through plays, strategize, throw a ball, tackle, and run. Only 11 minutes of an entire football game are actually played through the remaining time is wasted sitting around, kneeling, drinking water, and that's it. Ballet dancers don't get breaks they are either dancing and ACTING or running around the stage to get to the other side, they never get breaks most dances like nutcracker, swan lake, beauty and the beast, giselle, legends river, and others are longer than 4 hours with nothing but dancing, dancing,dancing,dancing 4 hours STRAIGHT and you football players say you have more physical endurance, lets talk about pointe. I want you football players to stand on your toe nails NOT your toes but your toenails, if you did you probably only did it for a nano second not even lasting a second. You feel that burn in your toes? now imagine that 10 times worse on a wooden box while dancing there for 4 hours STRAIGHT including jumping on it and turning on it. Also we dancers do NOT turn, we pirouette people claim that pirouettes are easy and you just turn but no you have to turn on your toe (not your toenail unless your on pointe) while keeping your knee up and turning your knee out so that it faces the right of you and keep your but in or under you. Now take a video of yourself doing this then look at a famous dancer doing it, see if you look the same :)

Football players also claim to be stronger than us dancers but that's not true, I don't even have to back that up because I have a link that will prove you wrong
BTW I'm a straight 11 year old boy danceur (the proper term for male ballet dancers) that dances at orlando ballet
MEMERDANK

Con

Football takes a lot of strength and precision. In ballet, you memorize a sequence of steps that are needed to form a benevolent dance. However, football is unpredictable, you can't predict the exact plans of your opponents. Football is also a very demanding sport. Football players need a lot of strength and skill to play. Building that kind of qualities does not take a short amount of time. Ballet also takes a long time to master but practicing ballet is like practicing the same steps over and over again to memorize and master the steps. Football takes experience, and a very strong character not just physically but also emotionally.
Balletishard

Pro

Posted by Balletishard 3 years ago
Balletishard
I have tried football before but guess what Nd.... Not injured :) <3
Posted by Nd2400 3 years ago
Nd2400
@jaedaddy

Obviously you never played the game Football. There is much more than just running down the field with a football. There is strategy involved, they is very hard hitting at a very fast speed. You should try it sometimes. Maybe you could walk out without bring injury.
Posted by jaedaddy 3 years ago
jaedaddy
literally in football all u do is just run towards the other end with a ball in ballet there is more intricate detail involved then just running down the field like a bunch of dum dums
Posted by Mr.BeBe 3 years ago
Mr.BeBe
Football is easy bro ballet is where its at American football isnt even in the top 10 sports world wide. Freaking Ping pong is more popular worldwideee
Posted by jaedaddy 3 years ago
jaedaddy
krabby patty= ballet
chum bucket= american football
this comment=faxx
Posted by Nd2400 3 years ago
Nd2400
You lucky Balletishard. I didn't see this debate much earlier. I would not have surrender. I would give you reasons why football is a more dangerous sports. Ballet not even in the top 20 tougher sports.
Posted by Nd2400 3 years ago
Nd2400
Football is way more dangerous.
Posted by Balletishard 3 years ago
Balletishard
Also i am sorry if i offended you in any way or made football look easy i know its extremely hard. Ill post my round 2 argument later but i gtg
Posted by Balletishard 3 years ago
Balletishard
Sorry that i wrote the same thing for round 2 this my first debate and i was unfamilliar with the format