talhamala
frankfurter50

Ban Homework!

talhamala

Pro

Homework might seem good for students but when you think of it it is bad.

My first assertion is that homework is basically slavery. The reasoning is that homework is given to students without their choice the same way slaves were captured.

My second assertion is that there is more cheating. The reasoning is that many students got caught cheating at home because of them sending the picture of there homework to their friends they send it to their parents or their teachers.

My third assertion is that you are already in school for many hours so when you get home you should relax or do anything you want.

My name is Bob and I am on the proposition side of this debate strongly agreeing with the topic that we should ban homework.
frankfurter50

Con

Hmm. Very interesting. Just the sort of weak, unsupported argument a naive high school student would make. Let's go for it.

Your first assertion falls flat because you don't use the definition of slavery correctly. Slavery is unpaid, forced work. As a minor, the average high school student does not get paid for the work they do. The work you do in high school is beneficial to your later life, so it is not pointless. It might be forced upon you, but it is for your own good and you, as a person whose brain has not yet fully developed, are not qualified to classify homework as slavery. That is an insult to real African American slaves.

Your second assertion is unproven. There is cheating with normal schoolwork. If a student takes a picture of homework and sends it to friends, then it means that the student is dishonest. The student is to be blamed, not the school. To blame the school would be a miscarriage of justice.

Finally, your third assertion is only a repetition of your claim.
talhamala

Pro

My last assertion is that it takes time from extracurricular activities such as sports. I want to ask you this question. Do you think that if you are tired/sleepy in class you will be better than someone that had a good night sleep because they did not have homework but you had homework? That is not fair. The person that did not have homework has a better chance of graduating.
frankfurter50

Con

I think that learning things is much more important than playing sports. Homework only takes about a half hour on average. It's designed to test your short attention span. If you manage your time well, you will not have problems with your sleep. The person who did not have homework actually does not have a better chance of graduating, because he will have learned less. Your arguments are all illogical.
talhamala

Pro

I won this debate because you had no assertions and you did not completely refute my first assertion. You also did not answer the question I asked you. Since this is your last speech you can not add any new assertions. On my side of the world I want kids to have a little or no homework but on your side of the world, you want students to have homework when they need time for extracurricular activities. You need sports without sports your body will not be strong and will not grow the way it needs to.
frankfurter50

Con

I think I won this debate because you have committed several logical fallacies and you have not provided any evidence as to why a simple thing like homework should be made illegal. Furthermore, I'd like to assert that homework in moderation is an essential part of education and helps students grow their brains at a time when they would normally be playing video games. I did answer your question. Poor sleep routines are not the responsibility of the school, but the responsibility of the student. I don't know how which side of the world you reside in relates to how much homework you should be given. I believe that education is essential in all countries. As an American citizen, I think that homework is better than extracurricular activities. Extracurricular activities are fine in their own right, but homework should always be made a priority. Also, sports are not essential to the development of the body. People should focus more on the development of the mind.
Posted by frankfurter50 3 years ago
frankfurter50
What did you say, good sir?
Posted by abdulrock20 3 years ago
abdulrock20
i fd ur mum