Anonymous
chathura_viraj

Ban islam

Pro

Ban islam=Kill islam=Free all muslims
chathura_viraj

Con

Hi again ,

I am opposing the move

Ban Islam = Forceful ban = Destroy religious rights & human liberty

Pro

Islam is forced, not a religion. like eating food is not a religion
chathura_viraj

Con

Before comes to my arguments i will rebut what propositions said :

According to proposition Islam is not a religion. but what makes something a religion?

religion can be defined as a cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, world views, texts, sanctified places, prophesies, ethics, or organizations, that claims to relate humanity to supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual elements.

So Islam also a religion according to the definition as they practically follow several ethics since long time.

Just because someone doesn't like Islam does not mean Islam is not a religion. We all have private belief system. But we can not deny the fact that Islam which comes from the past is not a religion just because we don't like it.

Moving into my arguments :

1) Islam has a long history as a religion - So if you suddenly try to remove it's label as a religion, will not be accepted by it's followers. Whatever we say about Islam, their followers are accepting it as a religion. So its hard to change it. Islamic people are not follow the Islam by force. They also like us. They always get their religion's side when any challenge comes. There are millions of people who follow Islam as a religion. They do it because it was accepted as a religion since 2000 years ago. So my point is that long time practices can not be challenged easily because Islamic people like their religion like we like ours. Even though Islam include unaccepted things, Islam people strictly follow that.

2) Also many countries follow it specially middle east countries. So if you try to remove it, those countries will upset against the decision. They will definitely challenge the decision. Then anti Islamic Mr.Trumph will come into play. We have a possibility that it could spread to a 3rd world war. Also the terrorist groups which are Islamic, will declare a war against Western countries. On one side Arabic countries will fight against Western and at the same time terrorism will increase. International arena will be like a war zone. International relationships will be affected. Now USA and Saudi Arabia are friendly countries. So what will happen if you try to remove its label as a religion? So international relationship will be damaged.

My next point regarding religious freedom and human liberty + dignity, i will address in my next speech.

My burden here is that just because you don't like Islam, does not give you an inherent right to remove it's long time label known as religion.

Pro

Eating food is necessary, and it dosnt make you religious..

From the quran: "Kill unbelievers(xmuslims) where ever you find them"

They will be upset.. irrelevant, you will be upset when your psycho oppinion ends with us having to kill all muslims due to its growth, can people think further than the tip of their nose these days? or do you all need medication
chathura_viraj

Con

In the comment section the pro was used unacceptable words in a debate. But as a professional debater, i will ignore his childish mentality and will continue my arguments.

I have to remember all of you that this is a debate and not about our personal believes. So please vote according to the debate not your personal opinions

Moving into my 3rd point i say religious freedom should be protected. In UN declaration of human rights accepted the fact that you can't discriminate anyone's freedom of religion. There are many followers of Islam. They follow their religion with their preference. So if you try to destroy one's religion without their consent, it is violating the freedom of religion which enshrined in UN declaration of human right.

So making the point that you can't take someone's freedom to religion forcefully like this.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Why would anyone do murder?
Posted by DavidMB 3 years ago
DavidMB
vi_spex what do you mean when you say that murder is a religion?
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Well okay just trying to counter argue is cool, sry for the labeling
Posted by DavidMB 3 years ago
DavidMB
Religion was created to control people. You know you cant get married twice if you're a christian but if you give 10 000 dollars to the priest he will let that slide. It doesn't add up.
Posted by chathura_viraj 3 years ago
chathura_viraj
You said you are against to the religion governing the nation right? So it is irrelevant to this debate according to my belief because this debate is not about whether the secularism is good or bad.. whatsoever I will discuss my personal opinion after the voting period.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
cuz as we all know, religion supports "religion"
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
The belief that islam is a religion is like a trojan horse.. christianity and islam was created for the same purpose, they are pieces to the same puzzle, islam taking over the world
Posted by DavidMB 3 years ago
DavidMB
And also, I don't have a religion per se. I agree with religion's beliefs like sharing, peace, love, etc. But Islam is not about that at all.
Posted by DavidMB 3 years ago
DavidMB
I'm not against religion. I'm against religion governing a nation. When a country is too attached to a religion, it does not allow them to grow. If you search up Iran before the revolution and after the revolution, you will see that Islam has changed the country and for the worst. And you say It's the US who create problems. The US, just like any other country needs oil to function. And where do they find oil? In the Middle East. And this is a problem because people think that It's only the US who 'steals petrol'. But the UK does it too. Russia does it too. And instead of finding a solution, Middle Eastern countries turn on themselves and blame the US for everything. And you know why they do that, because of Islam.
Posted by chathura_viraj 3 years ago
chathura_viraj
You will start by destroying Islam because you don't like it. Then you will turn into another religion and it will be destroyed again by you just because you don't like that religion.. You won't stop until every religion get destroy except your one. It's not ethical. Respect for every religion is important whether you like it or not. That's the stance i stand for