Kvng_8
omar2345

Black Privilege Is Real

Kvng_8

Kvng_8

Con

Hello everyone, Welcome to the debate. I will recap and say how this all started.

How this all started, Omar made a comment on a "Why White Privilege is a Myth" debate and he said "It does exist but also black and brown people have privilege. "

I responded: "There is no black privilege. There is only white privilege. If what you say you think is correct, Please provide the definition of black "and brown" people having privilege. "black and brown" people? Just say black people. Black/African American/colored people is one race meaning people who are black, Or brown (lighter skinned) are all black, They all coincide. "

omar responded: "There is black privielge. I meant as in they are priveleged in being born black. You might say how since they do not have same starting points as the more wealthier white. I would say to that is it wasn't because of there race they were wealthy. Race is not a determining factor and saying whites have more money then blacks is leaving out the rich black people and the poor white people. If you said whites have better lives or something. I would say not every single white has a better life then everysingle black person therefore the statement is wrong. "

I decided to challenge omar to a debate, And here we are.

(Before I continue, Just to let you know, I am black)

My response now to this debate is:

1. Privileged in being born black? Please explain because black people has dealt with a lot of injustices and many more, The list goes on. It would be proper to say "privileged being born white" by your stance, Correct? Enlighten.

2. "more wealthier white" hold that thought.

3. "I would say to that is it wasn't because of there race they were wealthy. " False, In some cases. But please explain that statement.

4. "Race is not a determining factor and saying whites have more money then blacks is leaving out the rich black people and the poor white people. " You just contradicted yourself twice within the two previous sentences before that. This goes back to point 2. Exactly, There is both rich black people, Rich white people, Poor black people, And poor white people.

You are all over the place, Please explain your argument clearly and stay by the facts. There is no black privilege and I can easily go in depth on why in my next round. Let's first address the two definitions of privilege.

Privilege (Law); A privilege is a certain entitlement to immunity granted by the state or another authority to a restricted group, Either by birth or on a conditional basis. Land-titles and taxi medallions are pronounced examples of transferable privilege. These can be revoked in certain circumstances.

Privilege (Social); In anthropology, Privilege is a special right, Advantage, Or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group. In sociology, Privilege is the perceived rights or advantages that are assumed to be available only to a particular person or group of people.

Explain how "black privilege" coincides with one or both of those definitions. To say there is black privilege is simply ridiculous. I was still confused on your "black and brown" people statement as well.

May you learn something new.

- Kvng.
omar2345

Pro

Okay. Guess instead of making arguments I will rebut yours. If you want me to make arguments ask me in the comment section or in the next Round.

Privilege definition: to accord a higher value or superior position to (Merriam Webster)
Well did you or did you not win a race to be born or maybe you were the only sperm racing to the egg? Secondly you are more priveleged then most people from 3rd world countries. A lot of injustices was not because you were black. It was because of mis-information. I think they thought you were less humans or animals and thought it would be okay to take advantage. When people realised you are as developed as and can be considered humans there was a civil war. There are also privileges in being born white as well. Race is not a determining factor which is why I gave a sperm example.

Isn't Lebron James one of the richest people alive? Yes so maybe it is not far fetched to say he is priveleged. Priveleged in being tall, Realising basketball can make him a lot of money and is really good at making money.

How is it not false? It is not because they are black they are not doing well it is their choices. Fatherlessness, Lack of education, Hanging out with the wrong, Poor representation in media and generally not learning from mistakes. Do you know who this can also apply to? A white person who is also born in the same circumstances.

No I didn't. There are poor white and black people and rich white and black people. Which goes against if a race is more priveleged then the other. A more of a factor then race is education. If that was more important to poorer races I highly doubt they would keep the poverty cycle going. With education you are off the streets in schools and learning. Learning can help practically with maths or knowing what is the best option to pick.

Below is a source that states 57. 6% of black children grow up without a father. That is more of a factor then being black.

The Extent of Fatherlessness (fathers. Com)

Below is another source that states blacks are not taking up the opportunities they have in education. This is also more of a factor of poverty then race.

K-12 Disparity Facts and Statistics (UNCF)

Now tell me how black privilege does not exist. Stay by the facts you say but you haven't included any so I am either guessing your definitions are the facts or you will bring them in the next round.

If you asked me what kind of privilege I was talking about then I would have been clear but now we require two definitions. I do not mean it like this. If you want to go this route here is my argument. Even with affirmative action blacks still do not take up those privileges given to them by the state. Why do you think that is? Source below

Even With Affirmative Action, Blacks
and Hispanics Are More Underrepresented
at Top Colleges Than 35 Years Ago
(The New York Times)

This definition is bad. Reason is the word perceived. This is bad because you can perceive privilege even if it isn't the case. You might see a white person with new shoes and look jealous can see them negatively but you do not understand that very child their parents are finding it difficult to pay their bills and only wanted to treat their child to something with the money they had so that he actually had a gift. See how this definition is bad. Yes you might say this does not exist or it is rare. I'll go with rare. Even though it is rare it still does exist and unfairly discriminates someone without knowing the full story.

Since I think I answered what you said sufficiently I hope you take the debate in a different direction since you did not ask for clarification for what I meant instead created a debate.

Links did not work which is why I copied the heading and in brackets typed in where it is from.

Hopefully you also learn something new.
Kvng_8

Con

Privilege definition: to accord a higher value or superior position to (Merriam Webster) - Exactly. You chose the verb definition.

The noun definition: a right or immunity granted as a peculiar benefit, Advantage, Or favor.

White Privilege: The societal privilege that benefits people whom society identifies as white in some countries, Beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people under the same social, Political, Or economic circumstances. It is generally agreed to refer to the implicit or systemic advantages that white people have relative to people who are the objects of racism; it is the absence of suspicion and other negative reactions that people who are objects of racism experience.

There are also privileges in being born white as well. Race is not a determining factor which is why I gave a sperm example. - Yeah, That's called white privilege. Sperm example is invalid. That has absolutely nothing to do with this and it made no sense.

Isn't Lebron James one of the richest people alive? Yeah, So is Bill Gates.

There are tall white people.

So are you saying all celebrities are privileged?

I was mainly focusing on society, Regular people but you brought up Lebron James.

Below is a source that states 57. 6% of black children grow up without a father. That is more of a factor then being black. - Exactly, So how is that black privilege.

Stay by the facts you say but you haven't included any so I am either guessing your definitions are the facts or you will bring them in the next round. - My definitions are the facts I literally just said them. If you don't believe they are the real definition, Then look them up for yourself.

About the Privilege (Social) definition I think that is a good definition. That was actually my angle on this debate and from what you were saying before, Particularly in the comments before this debate, It seems as if you are going in a society angle. I shouldn't even have to break my back to ask you what you mean, If you are confident on your words and your stance, Then you would tell me right off the bat whatever you mean.

You keep telling me to define my words, Yet and still you haven't defined what "Black privilege" is. You can't just go by your own words. So define it. Oh wait, You can't because it isn't a thing. Black people have been oppressed for a very long time and we tend to be at a disadvantage. Police brutality is another point.

Prime example of white privilege and to show how black privilege is not real.

A jury has sentenced a Waco (TX) man convicted of stealing a $35 rack of ribs to 50 years in prison. (Black man) 50 years in jail over some ribs. Source: [https://www. Cbsnews. Com. . . ]

Next case: A white man named Ethan Couch. He killed four people while driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs on June 15, 2013, In Burleson, Texas. Yet he received no prison time after a psychologist testified that Couch was a victim of "affluenza, " a product of wealthy, Privileged parents who never set limits for him. They just said he had mental illness, Gave him a pat on the wrist and never even punished him. Source: [https://www. Cnn. Com. . . ]

Now compare that case, To the black man who stole some ribs. Prime example of white privilege, There's no way around that. I understand that you aren't denying white privilege but this just shows how prevalent white privilege is and this just proves how your claim on "Black privilege" is stupid as h*ll.

I don't need to learn anything new.

- Kvng.
omar2345

Pro

Okay.

Such a big definition. In most cases the longer something takes to explain the more it tends to be wrong. "benefits" requires another definition. If you mean wealth benefits then I would say it is not their fault that there parents work in higher earnings jobs and/or save money for the future. "Systemic" this requires evidence. Burden of proof since you are making the claim that whites have a systemic privilege over black. That requires a specific law. This can also be twisted in the favour to me. I can change few words and state there is black privilege but I won't instead I would state you gave me the definition and did not use to state inherent privileges that white people do have.

Note you clearly missed out race is not a determining factor which is why I was limited to the some ways blacks are priveleged. In being born black. Black as the race is only identified in the colour of their skin. Saying anything other then they are priveleged in being black for definition of black privilege would be misrepresenting what the words mean. Note from your definition if you take the two words apart you get.
White: a person belonging to a light-skinned race (Merriam Webster)
Privilege: a right or immunity granted as a peculiar benefit, Advantage, Or favor.
If we join these two together we get advantage of light skin. Everything else falls into different categories. Reason is not all white people are the same apart from the colour of their skin being lighter then brown and black people. Meaning by you generalising more then the colour of someone's skin is misleading and is getting to much meaning at the colour of someone's skin.

Yes as in they are famous or a celebrated person.
Celebrity: a famous or celebrated person (Merriam Webster)

Then look them up for yourself.
I am supposed to find sources that you used? That is not how it works. When you use a source. You leave a link or something to indicate where you got it from. This has to be bad conduct since I am not asking Con to find my sources. I clearly laid them out and Con decided he would not give the same standard I showed him.

It seems as if you are going in a society angle.
This was a problem in earlier debates and it seems you have not learnt. If you asked me what I meant before asking for a debate we would not require to a debate. Instead you did not simply ask questions on my stances or definitions instead you made this into a debate. I do not see how this could not have been cleared up in the comment section but oh well.

Oh wait, You can't because it isn't a thing. Black people have been oppressed for a very long time and we tend to be at a disadvantage. Police brutality is another point.
You are simply mistaken. If white privilege is a thing then black privilege is also a thing. The thing is I will not find greater meaning in two words put together with what you defined white privilege to be since I am not basing a lot on a person's skin colour. A better phrase then white privilege is ancestry privilege.
Black: having dark skin, Hair, And eyes (Merriam Webster)
Privilege: a right or immunity granted as a peculiar benefit, Advantage, Or favor
People who have an advantage of darker skin.

From what I read from your sources you have committed an anecdotal fallacy. This is due to you using two anecdotes to paint a picture of two races. This is misrepresenting every single race of black and white people. I could do the same and show evidence showing otherwise but then I would be doing the same fallacy you are committing. So I will not.
Anecdotal fallacy: The anecdotal fallacy is when someone bases an argument on anecdotal evidence. Anecdotal evidence is evidence based solely on the personal experience of one person or a small number of people.

You have also mislead the readers and me with information that was important in why the black man was sentenced for 50 years. They took into account the laws that were in place (habitual offenders) and what it means. What it meant was that they took into account nine previous convictions. You did not represent the facts properly and told a half truth or was misleading. Next time fact check sources so that you do not fall prey to Fake news. The source is below if you are wondering into where I got this information.
Fake news: Fake news is a type of yellow journalism or propaganda that consists of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional print and broadcast news media or online social media.
Source: https://www. Snopes. Com/fact-check/50-years-ribs-theft/

I don't need to learn anything new.

I think you do and hopefully you do learn something new. At least do not fall prey to fake news and fact check sources. Do not take news as the truth until you have fact checked it since a reliable source in the past does not mean it will be reliable in the future.

Kvng_8

Con

I brought up the noun version of privilege so we can look at everything through all aspects and through all angles. Do you have any points that coincide with the noun version of privilege? If not, Then ignore this point.

The first sentence of White privilege was the actual definition which was from Wikipedia. The second sentence I added in there on my own, It wasn't part of the definition but it went with white privilege and it's still on the same subject - which is the truth regarding white privilege. You act like I made up that definition, That's from Google. So you can't really pick apart from it too much, It just won't work. You also can't try to prove me wrong over a factual definition. These are facts. This is research. You can't deny facts. All you're making your own misguided assumptions.

"you are making the claim that whites have a systemic privilege over black" I didn't make that claim. The definition states that.

"instead I would state you gave me the definition and did not use to state inherent privileges that white people do have. " That definition states everything about the privileges white people have.

"Black as the race is only identified in the color of their skin. " What? So Indian people, Or Mexican people who tend to have melanin and darker skin -- does that mean their race is black instead of Indian or Mexican?

Black people - is a term used in certain countries, Often in socially based systems of racial classification or of ethnicity, To describe persons who are perceived to be dark-skinned compared to other populations. (Wikipedia)

But black people are also light skinned. There are fair skinned black people.

White people is a racial classification specifier, Used mostly and often exclusively for people of European descent. (Wikipedia)

You can't separate white and privilege stating their definitions away from each other and using that as your argument. Not how it works. White Privilege has an official definition for itself.

You used the noun version of privilege okay, This goes back to the very first point of my response. How did you reach the topic of skin color? And why do you keep saying brown and black people. It's just black people. For example, I'm a light skinned black person and my skin is brown. A person that's a different race than me isn't going to be like "Oh that's a brown person" when they see me. The race is just black people. Just like for white people, There are tan people and extremely pale people, Do they get differentiated? No.

"Yes as in they are famous of a celebrated person" - Okay but some celebrities started from the bottom, They didn't have much money and they had a bad upbringing. But the slowly worked their way up to the top. They weren't "privileged" all of their life. There are some famous people/rich people blessed with loads of money and guess what? They can still get depressed and their life may turn bad whereas a poor person who has nothing can be happy and thankful everyday.
No need to provide a definition of celebrity. I know what it means and I know what a celebrity is.

"I am supposed to find sources that you used? " - I told you to look them up for yourself because for some reason DDO won't allow links, So even if I put a link down (like I did in Round 2) it won't go through. You even told me to put down a link differently if it's from a news network. And I assume your Merriam Webster definitions aren't going through because you are putting Merriam Webster in parenthesis. I have been giving sources this whole time, Sources, Not links. Even in Round 1 when I defined privileges. If I don't provide a link, It isn't intentional it's because DDO won't let me. So don't flatter yourself Mr. Conduct.

Your job is to say what you mean and mean what you say, Point blank period. No one has to kiss your a**. I literally told you my reasons for having this debate, I said "Feel free to have a debate with me on this if you'd like, I wouldn't want this comment section to have a sh*t ton of comments. " And you replied back with "I will make sure to fill the comments if you do the same. " of course being problematic as you always are. I clearly let you know that I wasn't up for us going back and forth in the comments, But you intended to do so, Which is why I challenged you to this debate. In your same comment you said your opinion on "Black privilege" (My round 1) which seemed very clear to me and I had no questions so that's why I simply responded. You expect me to keep asking you questions on what you mean? I don't read minds.

"If white privilege is a thing then black privilege is also a thing. " Negative.
"basing a lot on a person's skin color" that's exactly the point. You can't run away from that. Stay with the facts and like I said (again) you can't separate those two words. Now you're doing the same with Black and Privilege?

There's white people who have dark hair and eyes. "People who have an advantage of darker skin. " No, Another example that white people don't have to worry about - Us black people have to worry about the media portraying this idea that white is beautiful. And it makes a lot of women insecure, That's why they resort to skin bleaching. Making them not like their dark skin. Even Indians who tend to have dark skin as well does it. So that's far from an advantage. But lets not even get too serious on that because that's a whole other topic and I want to just stick to this debate.

"anecdotal fallacy. " if that's the case then I was unaware and it wasn't intentional. The case about the black man stealing ribs happened a very long time ago. What is wrong with basing my argument from anecdotal evidence? The source I used was merely showcasing the difference between the two races, I wasn't going off of my own experience, So I think you may have to reevaluate some things and throw anecdotal "fallacy" out.

About the man stealing the rack of ribs - whenever you get through, He got put in prison for half a century whereas (from your source) the billionaire who rapes his 3 year old daughter got probation. This only further helps my argument. None other than white privilege.

Of course any source I send or anything I say you're gonna think it's fake or disagree with. Still haven't changed from the Naruto debate.
omar2345

Pro

Do you have any points that coincide with the noun version of privilege?
No since I used it in my rebuttals.

You act like I made up that definition, That's from Google. So you can't really pick apart from it too much, It just won't work. You also can't try to prove me wrong over a factual definition. These are facts. This is research. You can't deny facts. All you're making your own misguided assumptions.
Act another word used to state something I did not do. If I did you would have quoted me but instead you state I acted in a certain way that you perceived that I thought your definitions were made up. Read my arguments again. I simply stated you did not provide sources. What facts did you use? Definitions and facts that prove that you used an anecdotal fallacy.

I didn't make that claim. The definition states that.
You point out the definition and have no evidence to prove this definition to be true. Systemic requires laws that give an unfair advantages to white people. The definition states systemic and you define it but did not prove it to be true.

That definition states everything about the privileges white people have.
That definition is wrong. For it be true you require to give a systemic privilege that is given to whites.

What? So Indian people, Or Mexican people who tend to have melanin and darker skin -- does that mean their race is black instead of Indian or Mexican?
Black people: Black people is a term used in certain countries, Often in socially based systems of racial classification or of ethnicity, To describe persons who are perceived to be dark-skinned compared to other populations. (Wikipedia)
From the definition for someone to be called black they require dark skin. Wow you used the same definition. Guess that proves my point that either you don't agree with the definition that you picked out or forgot to say what is wrong with the definition you used.

Going against the definition you have used.

White Privilege has an official definition for itself.
Doesn't mean it isn't a bad definition. You still have not pointed out systemic privilege that whites currently have. Without proof this definition is wrong.

You used the noun version of privilege okay,
Guess you realised I used the noun version and still have the first paragraph in.

How did you reach the topic of skin color?
If you looked at the definition you used for black people you would realise it is based on skin colour.

And why do you keep saying brown and black people.
Point to where I said brown people and say how I used brown people as much as black. I checked and used brown once and black 17 times and that was in my Round 1. In Round 2 I did not even use the word brown once. I am sure for me to keep on using brown I would require to say it more then once in my argument.

Okay but some celebrities started from the bottom
How does this matter? At the very moment I am speaking about Lebron James he is a celebrity.

They weren't "privileged" all of their life.
I never said that. You assumed it.

I know what it means and I know what a celebrity is.
If you read my argument you would have realised where the definition of celebrity was.

I told you to look them up for yourself because for some reason DDO won't allow links
You could have asked me in the comment section I can't add links. Then I would I said add them like this X (CNN). I do remember telling you in the comment section on how to link the sources without using the URL.

Merriam Webster definitions
Which is why in brackets I have where the definition came from. You also used it in this argument but now you are defending you not including where you found the source in Round 2 instead of pointing out you made a mistake.

Your job is to say what you mean and mean what you say, Point blank period. No one has to kiss your a**
Bad conduct. I never you should you assumed that.

which seemed very clear to me
Another instance of you assuming my intention without asking it.

Do I need to say anything? He said I am wrong without explaining it. I did not do that but you did.

"basing a lot on a person's skin color" that's exactly the point. You can't run away from that.
In what way did I do that? Provided no examples. You have also misquoted me I said I am not basing a lot on a person's skin colour. A better phrase then white privilege is ancestry privilege. You left out I am not to either mislead viewers or it was a mistake or something else entirely. I also gave a better word to fit wealth gains of past generations but you didn't also include that.

There's white people who have dark hair and eyes.
Did I say that? I don't think I did. Read the quote above. He states that's exactly the point. Meaning he agrees with what I said and somehow says this.

"People who have an advantage of darker skin. " No,
Another claim made without explaining why his stance is true.

Us black people have to worry about the media portraying this idea that white is beautiful.
You have categorised every single black person going through the same worrying portrayal. I don't think I need to rebut this but I will. The likelihood of one single black person not worrying about this is really high. You have lumped every single black person and stating they would also go through this as if the only thing black people have similar is the colour of their skin. Not every black person goes through this. I can state one example the homeless man or maybe that is also fake news. The one that was given 50 years. If he was supposedly homeless how could he possible see the media portrayal? This example should be enough to prove that not every black person would worry about this since they would not see it or they have something else to worry about like food and shelter.

I want to just stick to this debate.
If you wanted to stick to the debate you would have removed 3 lines from that paragraph but you didn't.

What is wrong with basing my argument from anecdotal evidence?
If you read what I said then you would realise why it is bad. I say it again you used an two anecdotes to paint a picture on two entire races. You deny the whites and blacks who are not affected by it.

was merely showcasing the difference between the two races,
No you also said Prime example of white privilege so you did use it to show an example of white privilege as if every single black and white person would go through with this.

I wasn't going off of my own experience
Anecdote: An anecdote is a brief, Revealing account of an individual person or an incident. (Wikipedia)
You did use two individual people or 1 incident to prove how one entire race has privilege.

So I think you may have to reevaluate some things and throw anecdotal "fallacy" out.
I have said why you used it twice now. One in the question you gave me above and the other in the last Round.

This clearly states that Con did not read what I said about his sources and his conclusion. It is the second last rebuttal I did in Round 2. It stated my point and Con did not rebut it instead he did not even mention about the validity of his source.

I never said that. You are assuming again. Maybe you did read what I said but did not rebut it. Your source is fake news. I gave a fact checking source and used it to prove your source wrong. You also changed from the Naruto debate either.
Kvng_8

Con

I'll number my points because I don't know how to bold the sentences.

1. Understood

2. Proof "If you mean wealth benefits then I would say it is not their fault that there parents work in higher earnings jobs and/or save money for the future. "Systemic" this requires evidence. Burden of proof since you are making the claim that whites have a systemic privilege over black. That requires a specific law. " key words, "if you mean", And "requires evidence" and "you are making the claim" as if I wrote that myself. That was the definition which does not equate to an anecdotal fallacy. Is it my turn to say that you are committing wrong usage of a word and misrepresenting it?

3. I don't need to prove anything when that is a factual definition

4. That definition simply isn't wrong. You can argue and rebuttal me and my opinions but it's impossible to argue a definition.

5. The statement "Often in socially based systems of racial classification or of ethnicity" is within the definition. Read that 10 times over. Pay attention to the word OR. Socially based systems = Races that are NOT black who have melanin and who are dark skinned. Ethnicity = Black people. My definition actually helped MY point and it defied yours.

6. Not going against the definition I used. I'm going against your claim.

7. Bad definition - subjective. Your opinion. Again I do not have to prove anything regarding a factual definition.

8. Noun privilege - Understood.

9. But you unnecessarily elaborated on skin color.

10. Skip.

11. Defied your point on celebrities being privileged.

12. Goes with point 11, Perhaps you should have been more clear that way I wouldn't have had to make an assumption.

13. I did read your definition of celebrity but I didn't need it because I know what a celebrity is.

14. Exactly. You did say "Sometimes the links do not work. " so I did not have to ask.

15. I made a mistake, That was beyond my control about DDO maybe changing their policies. Not a big deal.

16. Yes you are, Because you're demanding me to ask you what you mean. I don't operate that way, Unless necessary.

17. Your response (in my Round 1) was a big enough paragraph that had a lot of information for me to go on. If you call that assuming, Then alright.

18. I'll explain how black privilege is not real in just a second.

19. Your definition stated white people have dark hair and eyes as if any other race besides white people don't have dark hair or eyes. Never said you said that, But I had to clarify your definition.

20. "People who have an advantage of darker skin. " No. -- I'll get to it in just a second.

21. I didn't categorize every single black person. You made an assumption. I'm not worried about the skin bleaching thing, Nor are other black people of that matter. What I was basically targeting was some dark skinned black women. This topic doesn't really involve men. This isn't fake news, Is all your rebuttals going to be "fake news, Fake news, Fake news"? You can even look it up, It's all over different articles and different celebrities have skin bleached themselves. The man that was given 50 years has nothing to do with this.

22. I do want to stick to this debate. Don't tell me what I'm doing and what I'm not doing. I can bring up a different subject if I want to and still want to stick to this debate. The skin bleaching thing coincides with white privilege but at the same time it's a whole new topic that I didn't really want to focus too much on, That's why it was just in one paragraph.

23. Those two anecdotes proved and reinforces white privilege and shows that black privilege is not real. I'm not denying anything. Stop assuming.

24. Showcasing the black race and the white race coincides and confirms white privilege. "as if every single black and white person would go through with this. " I'll get to that.

25. Anecdote: An anecdote is a brief, Revealing account of an individual person or an incident. (Wikipedia) - Pay attention to the word OR. Again, Wasn't going off of my own experience, And yes I did prove that one entire race (white) has privilege, Correct.

26. Look the sources up for yourself for your enlightenment. If you don't remember, View previous rounds.

27. It's not fake news. It really happened.

Now, To my ultimatum. I will speak on a general level, But also take this into consideration omar. I will show how white privilege is a thing, And black privilege isn't.

This does not apply to all white people but if it applies to you yourself, You know who you are. Particularly the ones who don't believe white privilege is real.

I just want to give a huge shout out to white people who understand white privilege, I can't even begin to express how much I admire white people who don't sit there and act like white privilege isn't a thing, Who understand the privilege and how they benefit from their privilege. I couldn't possibly wrap my head around this kind of struggle if I was anything but black, So for those of you who don't necessarily understand it because you don't feel it but can acknowledge it and are willing to be educated on our oppression and learn from us (speaking for black community) and listen to me thank you so much because I know that it takes a lot to grasp. Analogy: You don't have to kill someone to be an accessory to a murder. All you have to do is know about it. All you have to do is be made aware of said murder and you are automatically tried as an accessory to the crime. By simply having knowledge of the murder you are in fact helping the murderer either commit the crime, Evade detection or escape. Having knowledge of a murder is just as bad as burying the body. You "white privilege doesn't exist" people, And you "All lives matter" people are accessories to the black struggle. Some people tend to get Black Lives Matter misconstrued. Yes, I will bring BLM into this. Some people thing BLM insinuates that other lives don't. No, BLM insinuates that black lives matter too. It isn't an anti white movement, Its a pro black movement. The new face of racism is not "in your face" racism but structural racism, Also known as White Privilege. We aren't saying that black lives are more meaningful than everyone else's, We are saying black lives are just as meaningful as everyone else's. The Black Lives Matter movement isn't about separation, Or segregation or disengagement. The BLM movement is about inclusion. Whether you believe it or not our lives are jeopardized every single day, And we are doing nothing more than bringing awareness to that. Firefighters do not sit and point at burning houses screaming all houses matter. You don't attend charity banquets that bring awareness to breast cancer and scream all cancer matters, Or maybe you do because you're white and you can get away with that. You don't know what it means to be black, How it feels to be black, How little our existence truly matters in this country that was literally built off of white supremacy and for the success and the survival of the white man.

White supremacy ties into white privilege.

The United States (where I'm from) was built off of White Supremacy.

White Supremacy - The belief that white people are superior to those of all other races, Especially the black race, And should therefore dominate society. (Google)

If there's "black privilege" is there also Black Supremacy? I'll wait.

That further proves how prevalent white privilege is and shows how someone can say black privilege is a thing is extremely idiotic.

Again, State the official definition of Black privilege - I'll wait.

White people don't have to worry about:

Easily (key word, Easily) becoming victim to both law enforcement and the judicial system alike unfairly.

They don't have to worry about their teenage children's unjustified death being mocked. Source: https://gawker. Com. . .

If that link doesn't go through, Then it's about these white people who were mocking and black-facing Trayvon Martin for Halloween back in 2013. What now, Are you going to say that's fake news as well?

They don't have to worry about informing their children of the harsh realities of systematic racism.

They don't have to worry about having a talk with their children about obeying police officers and follow their every command or their life could be gone.

They don't have to worry about being articulate and well spoken without people being surprised.

They don't have to worry about what they wear or how they act or how they carry themselves without being labeled an idiot, A thug, A lowlife, Or a gangster.

They don't have to worry about the texture of their hair or their skin color or their cultural accessories as the reason why they didn't get a job.

They don't have too worry about being monitored in stores just because the hue of their skin is a bit darker than most.

They don't have to worry about being told to get over slavery, Or Jim Crow, Or segregation in schools, And jobs, And neighborhoods as if it does not affect every single aspect of their life to this day.

The list goes on, And on, And on.

If Black privilege is a thing, Then there wouldn't be Black Lives Matter. If Black privilege is a thing, There wouldn't be white people using and taking advantage of their whiteness and their white privilege to disregard Black Lives Matter and say All Lives Matter as if BLM insinuates that other lives don't. That right there reinforces white privilege.

All lives matter movement, First of all isn't a movement and it's doing absolutely nothing to prove all lives in fact do matter.

And by changing black lives matter to all lives matter, It is an act of disassociation from black people to equality which is what our movement is all about which in turn equates to the belittlement our struggle and patronizing our struggle, And is mocking our struggle and is ignoring our struggle

There are not opinions, These are facts. This is the country, This is the world that we live in (Again, Referring to U. S)
omar2345

Pro

1. Don't need to say anything more.

2. That was the definition which does not equate to an anecdotal fallacy. Is it my turn to say that you are committing wrong usage of a word and misrepresenting it?
Are you reading what I am saying?
I said this:Definitions and facts that prove that you used an anecdotal fallacy.
Notice the and which does not mean the definition is an anecdotal fallacy. This is you again changing what I said to suit your point. I did not say that you are lying.

It can't be a factual definition when you haven't given any proof for this happening.
Burden of proof has not been fulfilled by you therefore white privilege is not a thing.

4. You can argue and rebuttal me and my opinions but it's impossible to argue a definition.
If you can't show me evidence of white privilege then the definition is wrong since it does not exist if you cannot prove it.

5. The statement "Often in socially based systems of racial classification or of ethnicity" is within the definition
You should read that. How do you racially classify? By the colour of their skin. Read that 10 times. Pay attention to the colour of their skin

6. I'm going against your claim.
How were you not? There are fair skinned black people. You said this which goes against your definition.

Another lie. I will post the argument again because it was not subjective. I was speaking about the fact that there is no systemic therefore this is a bad definition.
What I said:Doesn't mean it isn't a bad definition. You still have not pointed out systemic privilege that whites currently have. Without proof this definition is wrong.

8. Nothing to rebut

Race is about skin colour.
Race: a category of humankind that shares certain distinctive physical traits (Merriam Webster)
We were talking about black people. How do we know they are black? By looking at them.

10. Skip.
Remember what you said here:Your job is to say what you mean and mean what you say
Seems like there is only one person committing to it the other is lying.

So celebrities are not priveleged? Yes they even start from the bottom.

No you should stop assuming and start asking questions. I am not assuming you.

Still made the mistake and did not point out what was wrong with my definition. Just pointed out a celebrity that started from the bottom. You do realise that is still a celebrity right?

No you find another way of quoting your source. Copy the headline and in brackets where it came from.

The deal is you did not quote your source.

I am not demanding anything of you. No proof given therefore I can say this is a lie. I understand what you are saying but you cannot understand me. What is so bad in asking questions? If you do not understand you ask questions not assume intentions or what someone says.

Was this a rebuttal? I made it pretty clear what I meant. Race is not a determining factor. You assumed something that was not difficult to understand.

Okay but you still made a claim without evidence or an explanation.

Then why did you say it since it wasn't about the argument I made?

I highly doubt you can if you haven't leading up to this Round.

21. I didn't categorize every single black person. You made an assumption.
That is a lie. You saidUs black people. You were able to say for women hereAnd it makes a lot of women insecure when you included a lot of women so why not a lot of black people? Remember what you said to me say what you mean and mean what you say Guessing you are not following that.
Is all your rebuttals going to be "fake news, Fake news, Fake news"?
No if you read my argument that would be pretty clear.
The man that was given 50 years has nothing to do with this.
Is he black? Yes therefore I can use him for this example about media portrayal.

22. Don't tell me what I'm doing and what I'm not doing. I can bring up a different subject if I want to and still want to stick to this debate.
I can tell you whatever I want. Just so happens I told you what we you were doing that was not part of the debate.

You are the only one assuming. I am taking you by your words.
I told you what was wrong with the anecdotes and you choose not to rebut instead reinforce the anecdotal fallacy. Going against what you said if that's the case then I was unaware and it wasn't intentional since you did not rebut my claim you are knowing you are doing it therefore it is intentional.

24. Showcasing the black race and the white race coincides and confirms white privilege.
Going to copy my rebuttal again since you did use this to make a point.

I never said you were. Pay attention you did not rebut anything. There were two individuals involved or 1 incident therefore you did not make a point. Are you reading the individual person or an incident part? Are you realising an individual person can be a person other then yourself?

I am not going to say what you said to me for the third time instead I will say you cannot make a point therefore this is the best thing you can come up with.

It is fake news if you do actually know what fake news is.
Fake news:Fake news is a type of yellow journalism or propaganda that consists of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional print and broadcast news media or online social media.
Deliberate disinformation was given. No proof the black person was homeless and nothing about the laws of that state and how that impacted the time he would spend in person therefore fake news.

So it isn't white privilege since it does not include all white people. I have already rebutted you before you told me what white privilege is.

I just want to give a huge shout out to white people who understand white privilege
Majority of the paragraph virtue signalling.

fact helping the murderer either commit the crime
No they are not. Seeing the crime is different to committing it. Murder and oppression are two different things.

"All lives matter" people are accessories to the black struggle.
All lives do matter. All lives does include black people since they are alive.

Some people tend to get Black Lives Matter misconstrued
I am getting black identity extremists. If I am wrong then the FBI is also wrong since they did say that.
https://www. Documentcloud. Org/documents/4067711-BIE-Redacted. Html
Source for BIE is what the FBI called BLM.

BLM insinuates that black lives matter too.
Whose saying otherwise?

Fire fighters do not sit and point at burning houses screaming all houses matter.
They don't say black lives matter either. They stop the fire.

How little our existence truly matters in this country that was literally built off of white supremacy and for the success and the survival of the white man.
I am guessing I can call you a social justice warrior. That is not a good thing by the way.
SJW:individual who promotes socially progressive views, Including feminism, Civil rights, And multiculturalism, As well as identity politics.

Black supremacy ties into black privilege.

built off of White Supremacy.
What about everything that wasn't? The constitution to name one. If it so bad in the United States. Leave or maybe realise slavery is gone and you have a better life in the US then any other place on Earth.

I'll wait.
Actually realising the mistakes in your theory.

extremely idiotic.
Bad conduct.

I'll wait.
I have but you didn't accept it. Not my fault.

judicial system alike unfairly.
It is fair. Prove it otherwise.

unjustified death being mocked
They as in white people right? Anecdotal fallacy again. Easily in the last statement was not included into this one.

systematic racism.
Show me proof. If you can't then it isn't true and you are a liar.

being surprised.
Hillbillies? They are white.

How many anecdotal fallacy can you fit into one Round?

Kvng_8

Con

1. N/A

2. N/A

3. White privilege is a thing, My friend. I proved it pretty well in Round 4 in the bottom half of my message under Point 27. Not only that, But I also stated the definition of white privilege.

4. Proved it. This goes back to previous point.

5. Racial Classification: The revised standards contain five minimum categories for race: American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, And White. (Google) My classification is black. Someone can't classify their race by the color of their skin. There are fair skinned people with no color that are Asian, Does that mean they are white? No.

6. In your Round 2 you said " Black as the race is only identified in the colour of their skin. Saying anything other then they are priveleged in being black for definition of black privilege would be misrepresenting what the words mean. " you then proceeded to say the definition for white people and that they have fair skinned as if there aren't fair skinned black people. That's how I went against your claim

7. Proved it

8. N/A

9. Race necessarily isn't just about skin color. There are dark skinned Indians and Mexicans, That doesn't make their race black. The definition you provided for race didn't help your point. Nowhere in there did it mention skin color. How we know someone is black is not only by their skin color, It could be their hair and/or their facial features and they could also be bi-racial. For example, A mixed women (black & white) marries a black man, And have they have children, Some of their children may look more black, And others may look evenly mixed 50/50.

10. Cry me a river. I'm not lying about anything.

11. I didn't say celebrities weren't privileged, But by your stance you made it as if they have always been privileged their whole lives. Some started from the bottom, Thanks for confirming my point.

12. Likewise

13. I know that's still a celebrity even thought they started from the bottom. Nothing was wrong with your definition, Something was wrong with your claim by saying all celebrities are privileged.

14. Sure

15. If you needed me to quote sources then you should have made that as top rule before you started debating with me. Be happy enough that you got a source in the first place. Not everyone will be the same as you with putting down sources. It wasn't my intent that the source happened to not go through.

16. I don't have to prove what you do. Look back on your own words. Of course you will be self bias and never admit your wrong doings.

17. "You assumed something that was not difficult to understand. " Oh so are you calling me dumb? CONDUCT POINTS, CONDUCT POINTS HOW DARE YOU? < that's how you sound. And race is a determining factor. Just proved it last round beautifully and eloquently

18. "I'll explain how black privilege is not real in just a second. " I did say just a second. And I actually did. Under my 27th point (rest of my message) that is proof right there. Do you understand now? Just like my 20th point, When I said "just a second" and my 24th point when I said "I'll get to that. "

19. Someone's a hypocrite. I remember telling you that me saying a definition isn't my argument, It's factual. Now that I question you on your definition you ask why did I say that. Lookie there

20. Already proved everything. Goes back to Point 18. Do you understand? If not, I will explain much further.

21. I do follow the "say what you mean and mean what you say rule" I said what I said. You're taking it out of context. Read it very carefully so you understand.

About the fake news - Okay, Sure. That's why majority of the time, Each source I put, You don't find it credible and you scream "fake news" so you can manipulate the audience because you want to desperately win this debate.

You can't use the black man who got 50 years in jail and compare that situation to skin bleaching.

22. Nope sorry you can't tell me whatever you want. It is part of the debate because the skin bleaching thing coincides with white privilege. It shows some of the problems that some dark skinned black women can face, Especially young women growing up and seeing those types of things. It shows that "white" is beautiful and that "white" is pure, And that "black" is ugly, And that you should make your skin white so you can be beautiful. When black is beautiful.

23. It's not intentional

24. Proved it. Check last round under Point 27 again.

25. N/A. Re-read my point 20x over.

26. N/A. That isn't the "best thing I can come up with"

27. Whenever you get through, It wasn't fake news. You just want to convince yourself of it so you can think that "black privilege" is a thing. THAT'S the best thing you can come up with. It wasn't deliberate. Did you expect me to copy and paste the whole article? The point of the source is for you to go to it and read it yourself. That's like you sending me a source and I throw a hissy fit because you didn't include certain aspects of the source. All that's really relevant and important regarding that black man is that he unjustly received 50 years in jail over some ribs that could easily be returned to the store, But the white man named Ethan Couch was let off, No jail time and they said he had "mental illness" when he killed FOUR people. He took someone's lives and somehow that's what happened to him. That CLEARLY shows white privilege. I notice you sure are super worried and gung-ho about the black man who got 50 years but you aren't paying type of attention to Ethan Couch, I wonder why? Because you want to try so hard to say the black man's story is a lie. But there's no way to deny anything about Ethan Couch.

28. Just because it doesn't include all white people doesn't mean white privilege isn't real.

29. N/A

30. The debate isn't about crime, That was just an analogy. So I'm just going to ignore that. I'm a Criminal Justice major so yeah. You can think whatever you want to think. Murder and oppression are two different things. Again, It's an analogy. Which leads to next point

31. Accessories to the black struggle - I'm not saying all lives don't matter. The people who created "All lives matter" were more than likely against Black lives matter getting it misconstrued thinking it meant black lives matter only when it means black lives matter too.

32. I'm confused, Can you please explain that

33. "Whose saying otherwise" some people are. They thought it was BLM only instead of BLM too.

34. About the firefighters - It was an analogy. Irrelevant to the debate.

35. Not a social justice warrior, But a conscience black person

36. "Black supremacy ties into black privilege. " - dumbest thing I've ever heard in my entire life. Nice rebuttal. Provide a definition of Black privilege ad state your source.

37. It's not so easy to leave a certain area when you've been there all your life and you're used to it, I love and proud where I am despite racism which is everywhere, Not only in the U. S. - and I'm not saying my life is in shambles. Slavery isn't actually gone it's there but it's very underlined such as not as many opportunities and jobs for black people on a general consensus - and not to mention discrimination against blacks, And white privilege. You just said "realize slavery is gone" that's a privilege you just had right there. I realize you aren't white (correct me if I'm wrong) from reading some of your debates I think you are from U. K, Right? I'll call you a "Non POC" - not a person of color (Black person) - that went with my point on "They don't have to worry about being told to get over slavery. " Black people to this day are still disgusted with slavery. The slavery era involved my ancestors, My great great grandmother was alive when slavery was going on.

38. What mistakes in my theory did I make? Please explain

39. I don't care.

40. You haven't provided an official definition for "Black privilege" you've only defined the race (black people) and you provided what privilege means. That's invalid. Like I said before you can't separate the words. Define that term as both of those words together just as there is an official definition for White privilege, Because it's an actual thing. First black privilege, And now black supremacy? Are you serious right now?

41. "judicial system alike unfairly" It is both fair and unfair. But for most cases, It's unfair. You can't say that every case is fair.

42. Yeah they as in white people. They don't have to worry about their deceased teenage son being mocked. This actually happened. I told you what the article was about, All you have to do is look it up for yourself and fact check the source since I know that's what you're going to do regardless. I knew you were going to use anecdotal fallacy for this, That's your only comeback.

43. Even if I do show you concrete proof, Which I easily can - you will still say it's not true and call me a liar. You disagree with everything I say. I know this is a debate and we are on opposing sides, But in our past debates I even agree with some of your points, And I even say that I agree, But no matter what I say when providing FACTUAL sources, You have to disagree with it no matter what. Prime example - all of my "They don't have to worry about" points, You never even responded to them, Does that mean you at least agree with me on those points that I made? I'd be very surprised if you did. Out of 9 of them, You only rebutted one of them which was "about being articulate and well spoken without people being surprised. " Leads to next point.

44. I think you have a misconception. What I meant was when there's an articulate black person, People are surprised and some ignorant people call that "talking white" when that isn't a thing. There's this stereotype and this stigma that all black people are "ghetto" and talk in slang and can't speak proper English - (Running out of space. I'll finish this point and my last point in the comments)
omar2345

Pro

My debate will not be in the comments. For this to happen I will need to leave out some points. If I leave out a point Con has not sufficiently answered them or I having nothing more to add.

3. White privilege is a thing, My friend. I proved it pretty well in Round 4
To prove it you require proof not anecdotes.

5. There are fair skinned people with no color that are Asian, Does that mean they are white? No.
No they are white Asians. To classify on race it would be on the colour of their skin. Which is why black people are called black people not African American since if that was the case white people would be called Europeaners but you have made it clear that they are white people.

9. Some of their children may look more black, And others may look evenly mixed 50/50.
Not a point since they would be considered bi racial. Race is about skin colour. If it was about descent then they would be called African Americans and white people Europeaners.

16. I don't have to prove what you do
You claimed you're demanding me to ask you what you mean I said bring evidence. You haven't therefore you have given a claim with no evidence.

17. Oh so are you calling me dumb?
Assumed again.
that's how you sound.
How do you know how I sound when you can't listen to my rebuttal?

19. I remember telling you that me saying a definition isn't my argument, It's factual.
It is part of your argument. If it wasn't then you wouldn't have included it.

21. That's why majority of the time, Each source I put, You don't find it credible and you scream "fake news" so you can manipulate the audience because you want to desperately win this debate.
I read your source. Fact checked. Provided a claim, Source and explanation to prove your source was fake news. I didn't manipulate everyone if I prove how invalid your source was. If you gave more credible sources I would actually not have an issue with your source.

I never did. Here is what I was addressing Us black people have to worry about the media portraying this idea that white is beautiful. This was what you said and I said if the black man was homeless he would not see the media portrayal.

22. It shows that "white" is beautiful and that "white" is pure, And that "black" is ugly, And that you should make your skin white so you can be beautiful. When black is beautiful.
No proof given.

27. It wasn't deliberate.
But it was still fake news.
Did you expect me to copy and paste the whole article?
No do what I did. The headline and in brackets the site you found it on.
read it yourself.
I did and provide a claim, Evidence and explanation of it being fake news.
black man's story is a lie.
Still has not been proven that he was homeless and your source forgot to mention the laws of that state and how that affected the decision.
But there's no way to deny anything about Ethan Couch.
If you actually made a case for white privilege maybe I actually had something to debunk.

Either this is not an argument or an argument from authority. Both bad.

31. The people who created "All lives matter" were more than likely against Black lives matter getting it misconstrued thinking it meant black lives matter only when it means black lives matter too.
It isn't difficult when you do not get the full story of what is going on. Below is a source that proves the propaganda BLM was misleading.
DEBUNKED: #BlackLivesMatter Propaganda Exposed Case-By-Case (StevenCrowder)

32. I don't see what I need to explain. Black Lives Matter are black identity extremists if you do support the group would realise it to be true.

33. They thought it was BLM only instead of BLM too.
The hashtag was #BlackLivesMatter no too added in.

Keep telling yourself that when you do not try to get the full story instead you use a source that deliberately removes context to suit their agenda. (CNN)

36. dumbest thing I've ever heard in my entire life. Nice rebuttal. Provide a definition of Black privilege ad state your source.
Bad conduct. I said what Con said but did include an attack. I have given the definition you didn't accept it.

37. It's not so easy to leave a certain area when you've been there all your life and you're used to it, I love and proud where I am despite racism which is everywhere
But it is easier to live in an oppressive regime? Okay.
Slavery isn't actually gone it's there but it's very underlined such as not as many opportunities and jobs for black people on a general consensus
A claim without any evidence.
You just said "realize slavery is gone" that's a privilege you just had right there.
You ancestors did go through slavery. That was their privilege. What is your point? You don't have one.
Black people to this day are still disgusted with slavery. The slavery era involved my ancestors, My great great grandmother was alive when slavery was going on.
But it is over. Why not move on with your lives? Great great grandmother had to deal with it but you didn't. See the difference she dealt with it you are still complaining about it. If anyone during slavery was alive they wouldn't join BLM because they already know black lives matter they don't need to join a black identity extremist group.

40. you've only defined the race (black people) and you provided what privilege means. That's invalid.
No it isn't. There are two words put together if you get more from the meaning of two words together then your definition is wrong which is why I have a problem with the white privilege definition.

41. It is both fair and unfair. But for most cases, It's unfair. You can't say that every case is fair.
How? Either it is fair or unfair. Still have not pointed to something system and you did say you were a Criminal Justice Major so why is it difficult to think of one? I am going with there isn't system unfairness to blacks.

42. All you have to do is look it up for yourself and fact check the source since I know that's what you're going to do regardless. I knew you were going to use anecdotal fallacy for this, That's your only comeback.
It is an anecdotal fallacy. One individual used to paint a picture on an entire race. Not fair and misleading.

43. Even if I do show you concrete proof, Which I easily can - you will still say it's not true and call me a liar.
Seems like a forfeit. If it was concrete proof I would have no problem but the sources you did bring up was not concrete proof to the claim you made. It was an anecdotal fallacy. If all the sources I point out isn't true then it isn't true.
Out of 9 of them, You only rebutted one of them which was
If you didn't virtual signal then I would have space to rebut your claims. You didn't rebut my claims. What about your source is fake news I gave a claim, Explanation and evidence. You did not attack the argument instead said no it isn't. Did not provide flaws to my arguments instead didn't even bother to rebut it.

44. People are surprised and some ignorant people call that "talking white" when that isn't a thing. There's this stereotype
If society was flipped a white person would be saying the same thing that you are in a different context. Society is created by the people. If a black person can articulate speech why wouldn't they be surprised? That is not bad and the surprise only lasts for a couple of seconds then go on with their day. Stereotypes exist with reason. You might say it is unfair but if more blacks were able to articulate speech better then whites then the stereotype would be reversed.

45. Here is a link to understand what the fallacy means. Those were examples painting a broad picture therefore it is still an anecdotal fallacy.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis. Com/anecdotal

Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
thanks grobbit
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Kvng obviously won because omars arguments were piss poor, Gonna have to say kvng had conduct too.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
Leaning

Yeah I don't know how to bold or underline or do anything but thanks for explaining I'll look for that next time
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
@ Kvng_8
Also yanking this from some other person in a comment section: Click the Rich text (blue writing) above the rectangle where you are writing your response. A menu should be on top of rectangle comment box. The rest should be self-explanatory.

I assume you can bold as well.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
@ Leaning
Fair, Thanks for your feedback. I know this debate is very long so it's a lot of reading so I appreciate it
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
RFD Part 1
Apologies if this vote is a bit lacking. First the easier parts. For making some words bold, I myself usually go to the forums and use the bold function they have there when posting something, Copy and paste that. I think it's an overly complicated and roundabout way though maybe.

I have sometimes wondered in the past whether it's a good strategy to outright say in a round that the opponent behaved with poor conduct. . . I'd think most of the time the voters would be able to tell themselves and it's mostly just going to annoy your opponent unless it was done in a diplomatic/tactful way. Sure enraging your opponent into making mistakes could be a tactic, Just doesn't seem all that fulfilling somehow to me if all a persons debates are with angry people.

For conduct I'm just going to minus both sides. To me it seemed like both sides got a bit thorny and passive aggressive, If not a bit insulting. Bit of a circle of needling happening maybe.

A way I find good to open debates is to say something along the lines of 'I hope that we both have a chance here to learn something new from each other. ' If it's just I hope you have a chance to learn something new, A person can take that as an insult, As if it is implying that only they and not their opponent are going to learn something new.

The broken link function on DDO is annoying.
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
RFD Part 2
I have once prefaced one of my arguments with "If you accept this debate you accept debating with the "spirit" of what I intend by this argument. " Because I did not want someone to seize upon some small grain of the debate and hold that grain up as enough of a reason for me to lose that debate. I feel doing something like that frees the debate up a bit, Just personal opinion.

A bit of a flaw in my vote is if this thought follows as true "Privilege synonymous with an advantage of some' sort? " If yes, Even socially. Then that is a big hit against Con. This is using a bit too much of my own opinion I'll admit, And Pro still had to make 'some type of argument with it. Which I 'think he did.

Con paragraph argument in round 4 was rather well written I thought. Though I can't say I agreed with all of it.

Both sides appeared to use and draw from decent enough sources.

Spelling and grammar, Equal enough.

Who had better arguments? I think both sides made fair points at times, Fair enough counterpoints. But so many counterpoints, Get's muddled after a bit. Sorry, But I have a hard time following who I thought made a better argument. Though I would lean toward Con having put his point better in flow and spirit, And Pro having put his point well in contention of points and hard points. Not quite sure what I mean by that.

Who do I agree with before or after? I agree with Mr Ten Foot Pole. Honestly that's probably what kept me from taking the time to read all the way through and vote my thoughts on that Pedophilia debate earlier in the week. Rather avoid some uncomfortable subjects if I have little relation experience with them. Or something maybe.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
And point 36, I meant to say provide a definition of Black Supremacy ** not privilege
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
Finishing Round 5:

I'll repeat 44th point.
I think you have a misconception. What I meant was when there's an articulate black person, People are surprised and some ignorant people call that "talking white" when that isn't a thing. There's this stereotype and this stigma that all black people are "ghetto" and talk in slang and can't speak proper English when that isn't true. And so us black people (this time I am referring to all black people) have to be burdened with that fact and deal with people who aren't black and hear a well spoken black person then they look surprised. It can offend some people that that happens too and it is also an insult to one's intelligence. I shall bring up again "talking white" how is that even a thing? Further proves how white privilege is real and black privilege isn't. Also proves how black privilege isn't real and is idiotic regarding some (not all) people being surprised hearing an articulate black person.

Now to last point:

45. I never provided a source or a link, How is that anecdotal fallacy? I would respect you more if you simply said I was lying. Going against your definition of anecdotal fallacy I see. Be careful.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
Ok
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Kvng_8omar2345Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Omar has challenged me to a vote off, apparently. If at any time he wishes this to stop, he should let me know
Vote Placed by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
Kvng_8omar2345Tied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments. If anyone has any questions about my vote, let me know. I'll try to improve in future. Also will help try to find additional votes from other voters if asked, usually.