cyborghacker
InfakeWars

Blue Violets

cyborghacker

Con

Roses are red.
That is much true.
But violets are purple.
Not fudging blue.
-Wise Man on reddit
InfakeWars

Pro

Today, I will be debating the very miscellaneous debate of Resolved:
Roses are red,
that is much true,
but Violets are violet,
not fudging blue
-Wise Man on reddit.

If I can prove that violets are NOT BLUE, And ARE Violet, I will have won today's debate. I will prove this in 2 ways: 1, Viola's are named after their color. 2: through Genetics, Colors and hue, And probability.
My opponent can only win assuming that they can prove that a Violet is not Violet, And can prove that it is blue at the same time, Which I will explain later in my speech. Let us begin with contention one.

Contention 1: Violets were named for their color.

Violets were named after their color. When Violets were discovered, They were named after their color, Violet. If the entire naming of a Violet was for the name of it to be after its color, Then there is no point to even opposing the argument. I have already won. However, I will continue with Contention 2:

Contention 2: Genetics, Color hues, And probability lean toward Pro (Affirmative) Today:

Subpoint A:
Genetics already prove that a Viola will be Violet. My opponent might try to attack that not all Viola's are violet, Some are Yellow. However, Viola's also very large amounts of Violet, And very few are at all Yellow or white, Or mixed in between these colors. Violaceae (the correct scientific term for the genus Viola, Or Violet) is one of the largest genus's for plants, Containing over twenty different species of Violet's, Including Violaceae odorata, Violaceae arvensis, And Violaceae canina, All of which are not random letters, Or typing errors, But scientific specifications for Violet's.

Subpoint B:
A Violet's probability of becoming anything but Violet is extremely Small. Of the 31 popular species of Violet, Only 10 of which are arguably not violet (information from the American Violet Society). If less than 1/3 of the population of popular Viola's are not arguably violet, My Subpoint stays true to the Resolution.

Subpoint C:

My opponent may say that because not all types of Violet are Violet, Then the Resolution will lean toward the Con (Negation) today. However, This is just not true. Keep in mind, Judges and voters, That the debated resolution also distinguishes one major flaw for the negation, It is "Not fudging blue". This means that the Negation has no longer any attack, As they can not prove that the Violet is not violet, But also prove that it is blue at the same time. Because of this resolution, My opponent can not attack my case, Can not have any affective rebuttals, Or prove that Violet's aren't violet and also blue at the same time.
For this voters, I suggest a strong ballot towards the Affirmation of todays debate Resolved:

Roses are red,
that is much true,
but Violets are violet,
not fudging blue
-Wise Man on reddit.
cyborghacker

Con

You basically explained my point. You are agreeing with me.
InfakeWars

Pro

You are on the Con side of the debate. You are trying to prove the opposite of the debate topic of blue Violets. It even says so on your text. If you can not comply with the fact that you are not advocating for Blue Violets, You can not win.
cyborghacker

Con

No, I am on the con side for blue violets. The title of the debate is "Blue Violets", Which means that I am debating AGAINST blue violets
InfakeWars

Pro

Your debate has absolutely no context as to what it proves. Blue violets are fake? Blue Violet's are Real? Next time you make a resolution, Make it more clear.
Posted by Club 3 years ago
Club
This is not funny, Take it down immediately.