AimPrime
screenjack

Border Wall

AimPrime

Pro

I would like to see my opponents view on this topic, Before I make an argument.
screenjack

Con

I don't see any problems with compromise outlined in the state of the union address. I'm against the government shutdown. I don't believe U. S workers should be penalized because of Immigration politics. I'd also like to point out that you've challenged me to a debate on which you have made no points. I only know that you support the wall in some fashion. It's hard to have nuance in a situation where there's no source material or points being made. So what exactly about the wall are you in favor of and how do you think it will affect legal immigration and paths to citizenship for dreamers?
AimPrime

Pro

AimPrime forfeited this round.
screenjack

Con

screenjack forfeited this round.
AimPrime

Pro

I am pro-wall all the way. I think it is a great tactic and decision for the beneficence of the United States' safety. Illegal immigrants are coming into our border, Murdering people, And getting away with it. We also have some fault to because the welfare money goes right to the beginner immigrants. They steal and take our jobs and money illegally, And we let them get away with it. There has been more murders by illegal immigrants in the United States than all of our history. It needs to stop. On another note, As you said with the government shutdown and the dreamer association; I think the shutdown was necessary to show that Trump meant business and he was serious about the decision. Sure there were many people getting no pay, But its a small price to pay for redemption of the United States. With the Dreamers, I highly disagree about. I believe they deserve to have a chance at the *American Dream* legally, And shouldn't be denied freedom. But other than that, I agree with Trump's decision on the Border Wall. I would like to see how you respond to this.
screenjack

Con

I'm for a wall. Trump has said it doesn't have to be sea from shining sea and I'd agree with that. I'd say welfare money is a good reason to not want immigration as with the current rate of automation more people will be relying on that safety net to carry them through to more skilled based jobs.
As in any population a percentage of illegal immigrants are breaking the law (besides the laws they're breaking by being here. ) I would make that distinction clear because to label 10. 7million illegal immigrants murderers isn't going to fly in any bipartisan conversation. That is not to undermine the problems being faced with illegal immigrants breaking the law. I only want to emphasize that the law hasn't been enforced and to start enforcing the law on 10. 7 million people at once is unreasonable.
As far as dreamers are concerned. I believe that the 1. 8 million people he's offered pathways to citizenship could be misleading. I've heard the number of 3 million people possibly being given amnesty. Whether or not that includes 1. 8 million dreamers in the DACA program is unclear. But on the most positive end of the spectrum 4. 8 million out of 10. 7 million people is still a huge amount of people being unaccounted for. Deporting potentially 6 million people just isn't something I think would be profitable.
The Ethical dilemma with deporting such a large number of people at once should be quite obvious. Trump has stated that he isn't in a rush to act on, The estimation at the time, 11 million people. It still leaves a question as to what is going to happen to about 6 million people living in the U. S. These are questions I'd want answered if I was responsible for an immigration bill.
Last but not least is how new vistors in the U. S would be kept from overstaying their visa's. Are we going to have a cut off date? When will that date be and will these people be granted amnesty or pathways to citizenship? Are we going to end up in the same hole we're in now because we stopped only one part of the illegal immigration problem? I think the wall should go through but I want answers about the greater problem as a whole. Something that no politician seems capable of answering.
Now just because trump said he has no plans to act on deportations immediately doesn't mean that he won't eventually. If we do end up with a mass deportation plan do you think their native countries, Mainly Mexico, Will be willing to accept them? What happens if they don't want these people either? This is a discourse that trump needs to have with L"pez Obrador before even proposing it. Having 6 million people with no place to be would be highly suspicious.