Anonymous
croweupc

CNN is fake news and biased

croweupc

Pro

My position is above.
croweupc

Con

Well, This ought to be interesting.

Your profile says you are 108 years old, Not sure how accurate that information is, Maybe that is fake news.

I want to agree at the start that CNN is in fact bias. All major news networks are. My contention will be the first half of your position.

Why do you believe that CNN is fake news?
Can you present a story that is clearly fake?

I would like to make a prediction now. You watch Fox News. Am I right?

If I am, I would like to point out that Fox News is, And has been for as long as I can remember, Bias.

I was registered Republican for most of my life. I agree with certain views on both sides of the isle. I am more independent, But voting independent does no good. We have a two party system, And often have to choose the lesser evil. I say that to let you understand that I do not care what party you are associated with. I only want to discuss why you believe CNN is fake.

Pro

1. Just because other news networks do it, Doesn't make it excusable.
2. Thats not honest reporting. Honest reporting is getting both sides of the argument. CNN failed to do that.
3. Again, If you sign with Al-Qaeda, You are not moderate.
4. The television clip showed by CNN had four woman at the desk spewing nonsense and the clip went viral, The only he said/she said was supporting their nonsense.
5. CNN has spent 4 hours a day on Russia Investigation per day on average with an important week. How many minutes did CNN brush to even try and say that Hillary should be investigated. 3 MINUTES. Dishonest.
6. Unconfirmed information. You noticed something? Liberals craved this subject but every other network let loose this narrative EXCEPT for CNN.
7. Everybody has said one kinda weird/interesting thing. Is he mentally unfit?

After The Second Presidential Debate, CNN oofed up and accidentally showed themselves scripting what to say.

Pro

1. Just because CNN was not the only news network there, Doesn't make it acceptable.
2. Not reporting both sides is not "news".
3. Obama is fake news
4. They were staging the whole event
5. Dishonest reporting
6. Give me evidence
7. I didn't see anything suspicious

They knew what they were going to say, There are more reports of scripting.
croweupc

Con

croweupc forfeited this round.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Jzyehoshua

A centrist. How disgusting. Joke by the way but I do dislike fence sitters.
Posted by Jzyehoshua 3 years ago
Jzyehoshua
CNN giving Hillary the debate questions made it fake news. But Trump provides fake news all the time too. Sometimes both sides can be wrong.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@croweupc

If you want to see how much Trump lies here:
https://www. Politifact. Com/personalities/donald-trump/
Posted by BiggsBoonj 3 years ago
BiggsBoonj
@billsands do you know Don Lemon won the Worst Journalist of the Year Award?
Posted by billsands 3 years ago
billsands
I only like cnn i only watch cnn i don't trust anyone else is interesting and informative, It is simply the best for me
Posted by croweupc 3 years ago
croweupc
@Country
Some of those segments are talk shows. This doesn't make the entire network fake. Sean Hannity is a talk show host, Not a news anchor. It is important to understand the difference between the two. This is a big problem today, Where anyone can post their own thoughts and ideas on the internet, And almost certainly gain a group of followers. This attack on the Media is exactly the problem. If you cannot trust major Network Media, Where do you get your reliable information? I could tell you what you want to hear, But that doesn't make it true. You do understand that, Right?
Posted by Country-of-dummies 3 years ago
Country-of-dummies
@Croweupc I think Dr. Franklin is right. However, I do put all news medias in the same category, Fake to the core. People like hannity on fox, Just incite people to be angry. Kind of stupid to me. I don't really know why they call them news medias anymore, They are more like talk shows to me.
Posted by Justin_Aleutian 3 years ago
Justin_Aleutian
Sorry, I can't wait for this debate to play out. CNN aired the UN weapons reports. So did Fox, The AP, The BBC, PBS, Etc. The phrases "chemical weapons" and "weapons of mass destruction" were all over TV, Radio, Newspapers, Magazines, And the internet.
Nothing indicates CNN reported on "moderate rebels" otherwise known as the "free Syrian army" more than any other major news outlet. They did however run stories on dangerous factions within the opposition groups as early as 2014.
Mike Brown wasn't an accident, He clearly attacked the cop. But early reports had several eyewitnesses placing the blame on officer Wilson. They later proved to be false, As reported by CNN and many others.
Russian collusion is still a live issue. So far 33 people indicted or plead guilty including 16 associates and 5 personal advisors to Trump.
Dr. Ronny Jackson reported Trump passed his cognitive assessment (can you draw this cube? Which picture is a lion? ) January 17, 2018. CNN ran the statement live. Nothing shows that CNN brought up Trump's fitness to serve any more than any other major outlet (except Fox maybe). But the test only shows one doesn't have an immediate neural disability. I personally have no problem questioning Trump's fitness for office after the thousands of easily verified lies publicly told in the last two years alone.
Glen Haab, Father of Marjory Stoneman Douglass student Colton Haab, Admitted CNN did not script the town hall or provide any scripted question for Colton to ask. Emails between Haab and CNN show the Haabs wanted more stage time than what was allotted per every other student speaker and CNN responded he would have to stick with the original question Colton submitted beforehand.
No, Jim Acosta never claimed his arm didn't bump the intern's arm, Or that he "did not touch" her. He said "pardon me ma'am" after contact was made. The white house tried to characterize it as "placing his hands on a young woman" and reason to pull his press pass.
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
AnonymouscroweupcTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro pointed out 7 times of supposed fake news and biased which is a small portion of what CNN has done. The problem here is that if Pro can only show 7 stories are fake I doubt the percentage of fake news committed by CNN would even be in double digits. I would much prefer a study done by someone else and Pro explaining it sadly Pro used 7 stories to suit his/her agenda. Con has shown awful debate skills with this comment "So you have decided that anything or anyone that disagrees with you is fake news."