dasdaf
jrardin12

Can Humans ever achieve immortality

dasdaf has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

dasdaf

Pro

I am an atheist but if religion is ever absolute true then God can do whatever including pardoning you the death penalty; maybe via Prayer or being His best servant. But back to reality now. . .

To my knowledge I can conclude that all deaths have causes, Usually those who claim have cheated death say that if only they could never commit certain mistakes they would not have met face-to-face with death experience. Here I mean survivors of incidences.

With diseases the specialists claim prevention is better than cure; then can come forgetting and errors; sometimes as a driver an accident may occur from another drunk driver in a collision course; and sometimes natural disasters occur in human territory.

It comes to my attention that most of these causes can still be preventive; meaning that when you try hard you die hard. Via technology e. G. Seismography; mankind can measure the chances of natural disasters' occurrences.

I am not yet sure about controlling the aging process of Humans let alone overpopulation; do you believe that any Human can ever survive for immortality howsoever. . . ?
jrardin12

Con

To answer your question 1. ) Man on earth will never be able to live for ever. "It is appointed for man once to die and after this, The judgment. " 2. ) Man can live for ever if he repent of his sin and ask Jesus into your heart to have eternal life.
dasdaf

Pro

I accept your point.

But I have questions according to religion. . ?

1) Did God ever appoint the Judgment Day before they ate the forbidden fruit?
-if not perhaps if you are forgiven, The curse can be undone

2) By God's might power, As a favor or as an award to a deserving candidate

My conscious tells me the world is fundamentally naturalistic: almost like causality.
And by religion: it rests on God: so either way, There seem a chance of possibility.
Maybe not practical yet: so you win; but perhaps time will tell I may be right in the future.
jrardin12

Con

" Did God ever appoint the Judgment Day before they ate the forbidden fruit? -if not perhaps if you are forgiven, The curse can be undone"

Judgment Day was after they ate the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Actually, Everyone's sin is already forgiven. It was forgiven at Calvary with the payment of perfect blood shed by God's Son Jesus the Christ. The problem is, Though many people know this, Few people believe that His blood takes away their sin. Instead many trust in their religion or in being good or baptism. However, God say's their is none that does good and all our good works are as filthy rags. Jesus condemned the Pharisees for trusting in religion in order to gain favor and eternal life. However, To gain eternal life, We must repent of our sin and trust Jesus (in the same way one would trust in a chair on sitting down) for eternal life.

God's power comes as an award to those who obey completely.

Your heart, Though, Tells you there is a God, But you decide to suppress it because you do not want to change your lifestyle to the way of life demanded by the Creator.
Posted by mosc 3 years ago
mosc
Eternal life through children.