mwilzx
homoudmahadin

Can Muslim Women Marry Non-Muslim Men?

mwilzx has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Debating Period

mwilzx

Pro

I am a Muslim woman, and I believe that Muslim women should be allowed to marry whomever they want. Muslims will say that women in Islam are NOT allowed to marry non Muslim men, however the Quran never states this.

The verse that is often quoted: "And do not marry polytheistic men [to your women] until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a polytheist, even though he might please you..."

Within this verse, Allah is referring to polytheists (pagans) as not being suitable/halal for Muslim women. If this verse confirms that Muslim men are allowed to marry Christian and Jewish men, then Muslim women must also be permitted to marry a Christian/Jewish man, because Allah addresses men and women with practically the same words.

Jews and Christians are not polytheists, therefore Muslim women, according to the verse, have the right to marry them, as they are people of the book.

What do you think?
homoudmahadin

Con

greetings, I must state that I am an Ex-Muslim Arab atheist, but have studied Islam extensively. the issue with interpreting anything in Islam is that there is much argument. throughout this debate, I will be stating quranic sources and their multiple interpretations, in other words, the "madhab" which is an Arabic word that is used to reference the different interpretations of Islam and the Quran from different sects, in the Islamic community these books(Hanafi, Hanbali, malaky,shafii) are regarded authentic interpretations and explanation for the Quran. I will also be mentioning authentic hadiths that will support my claims. and because u have asserted other assumptions that are separate from the topic that I will also be discussed but not in much detail.
general argument:
in Islam, a Muslim woman is only allowed to marry a Muslim man, the reason being that the children of the parents are forced to follow the religion of the father. and in Islam there are 2 reasons why people should have children 1) to populate the earth, 2)to expand Islam and its teaching for current and future generations. as much as I believe personally that religion should not act as a barrier in any marriage but sadly in the Islamic doctrine, it states otherwise. I hope we have a healthy and fruitful debate!!!
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
About non believers.. (so all robots will know)
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com...
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
Hmm. Another robot..(who had the time to go through its programs)..

https://quran.com...
Posted by COCOApanda 2 years ago
COCOApanda
'the reason being that the children of the parents are forced to follow the religion of the father.'
I have no idea where Con got that idea from. But he's wrong all the same.

"Nobody can be forced into religion."
-Quran, 2:256
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
Well the robot can not answer..He has to go through his programming/religion..
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
Ups. She should be dead. the kids should be dead..And the man she did marry should die...Islam...
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
No.
Posted by Maryam_mosawy 2 years ago
Maryam_mosawy
do u want ur kids to be grown as muslims or non muslims ?
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
Can a robot marry a non robot if they are not programmed to ?