Sophisto
FollowerofChrist1955

Can atheists control their nastiness?

Sophisto

Sophisto

Pro

Rules: citing multiple sources will invoke preponderance of evidence. Quality over quantity, please. Civility goes a long way. Pure opinion runs the risk of being biased. Keep personal experience and anecdotes relevant and effective.
New rules may be added as adjustments prove to be required. Updates may be in comments for timing efficiency.

Argument: not all atheists are outspoken. But when they are, they become logically aggressive thereby sacrificing overlooked behaviors. Their disdain for religious incompetence gets the better of them. Tasteless jokes and excessive profanity as well as condescending tutorials in logic undermine their reputation.
https://youtu.be...

I stopped watching this video due to the reasons stated before.
FollowerofChrist1955

Con

Greetings, THIS I can accept.

Allow me to begin by first and foremost bring our discussion into the Realm of Reality, instead of presumption and Opinion!

presumption- That Man is the MASTER of His Fate.
Reality- Man is a SLAVE to SIN and SATAN at BIRTH!
Evidence- Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Evidence- Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned--

that would obviously BE Adam.

Oh and for those STILL BLIND and believe in EVOLUTION- it's a Lie and always HAS BEEN- Go here and trust me you CANNOT answer the question not even Dawkins can cause he's been lying all his life, but by all means give it a try anyway.

Proof evolution is a LIE! http://www.debate.org...

Evidence- John 8:34 Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.

Evidence- John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies.

If you will recall- My mentioning of Humanities RIGHTS? 1 or 2 depending on your 1st CHOICE?
to those readers who didn't read my comments on His other Debate http://www.debate.org...

Deuteronomy 30:19 19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.

wrong choice here, takes away Right #2. John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--

Now if we look at the above evidences and YES they ARE evidences ... because I can claim the RIGHT of KNOWLEDGE that Pro simply does NOT HAVE?

I have studied the Holy Text since 1980, am as can be shown fully capable of using scripture almost exclusively as a conversation ... which EVERY BELIEVER SHOULD be able to do and if not- more is to their shame.

Thus as first mentioned ... allow me to place our discussions IN REALITY instead of presumption and opinion.

There IS a God, There IS a Heaven and there IS a Hell, most of your READERS certainly any one of you who DIES today would be in HELL immediately. That YOU do NOT know this FACT is your error not mine! I know from personal study, you Don't know from lack of Personal study. therefore anyone of Reason ... which is a particular failing of the Atheists will LISTEN to me.

But as I said in my Debate-http://www.debate.org...

and http://www.debate.org...
and the ever popular-http://www.debate.org...

we must also clarify what an Atheist actually is. Atheists straddle no fences. THEY REJECT GOD. not have unbelief. the correct definition is https://www.merriam-webster.com...

: a person who does not believe in the existence of a god or any gods : one who subscribes to or advocates atheism

an unbeliever, simply is unaware of the existence of God. they do not argue the point as they have never actually looked into it and are aware they haven't, thus readily state that they have not come across anything in life that would suggest it!

Atheists, not only know they haven't looked but are not intelligent enugh TO LOOK. yet will argue to the DEATH Gods existence ... wth LITERALLY NO personal knowledge or study of God. See where that is not shall we say the American way?

As to the question of this debate- Can atheists control their nastiness?

The answer is NO. not the atheists. The unbelievers- yes as we now know there IS a distinct difference.

Unbelievers DO straddle a fence by the awareness that they HAVE NOT STUDIED and admit it. Which is WHY we preach to the unbeliever, making no attempts to convert the Atheists as they are under CURSE of God

Romans 1: 18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Atheists- John 8:44 43Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies. 45But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me!…

Romans 6:19 Because of the weakness of your human nature, I am using the illustration of slavery to help you understand all this. Previously, you let yourselves be slaves to impurity and lawlessness, which led ever deeper into sin. Now you must give yourselves to be slaves to righteous living so that you will become holy.

Atheists of course will not give themselves to righteousness and holiness.

Galatians 5:

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

these are SLAVES TO THEIR FLESH!

Sophisto

Pro

What in the actual...!

Barely arguing the topic at hand, the contender seems spiteful from previous encounters. This debate has no future at this rate. Oh well.

I see no need to expand until the contender gets on topic.
FollowerofChrist1955

Con

I'm sorry Pro; I'm not talking to you? Debates historically hinge on Ideas, opinions and empirical evidence or evidences of scientific or personal study given to the READERS of the Debate, and not AT the debater himself? HERE these debates ar designed to save souls, or enlighten the Brethren ... neither of which you satisfy with your childish Debate titles?

I was not seeking your agreement in either case. Your opinion therefore is not of relevance as is your conjectures and attempts at misleading. You have evidence to present to indicate you can prove or not prove your statement? My uhmm attitude? is not your affair? I speak boldly which is often mistaken as spite, largely due to your human assumption of self importance. That you HAVE NO IMPORTANCE therefore you find offensive as do most very human souls.

That you profess Christianity yet appear completely ignorant of your station as SLAVE of Christ. You focus on matters which in NO WAY, brings honor to God nor saves souls? Are you seriously going to just keep sinners entertained as they perish in Hell? Might I suggest ... since your not interested in saving sinners from Hell, that you mosey on over to the Philosophy or people sections and stop wasting the religion section with asinine questions?

As to REALITY. The evidence is in YOUR conduct not mine, as YOU for reasons unknown to those with awareness, could just have simply gone to : http://www.debate.org...

and viewed for yourself regarding Atheists, who though claiming to not BELIEVE are all over the RELIGION section of this Board, attacking Christians blatantly.

what IS particularly obvious is not a single ONE of them has actually studied religion personally!

yet rather than attempt to provide soul saving information regarding God ... you post Debates that have NO saving grace whatsoever? Your bored ... I get it. BUT, nobody cares about your boredom ... we do care that you use this section foolishly. You clearly SHOULD be asking RELIGOUS questions designed to pull you out of your mediocre religious slumber and advance your walk with God.

Sophisto

Pro

Your hypocrisy indicates an amateur level of self-awareness. Nobody cares what you have to say either, especially since it is not unique. Forgive me for attempting to be original in the face of mediocre spirituality. Your self-important preaching lost its edginess centuries ago. This is not an ad hominem; your flawed logic led you to make the mistake of hubris.
Back to the OP, as futile as it is. Atheists don"t have to be nasty to get their point across. There are far superior techniques for for tripping up Christians. Retaining a sliver of loyalty while bashing everything inadequate about them gets you labeled a heretic. For your trouble, heresy has had a bigger impact on holding a self-righteous church accountable.

Thanks to the contender.
FollowerofChrist1955

Con

Ahh yes, the wisdom of a child, professing adulthood, while demonstrating child like mentality?

Hypocrisy
a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not : behavior that contradicts what one claims to believe or feel

Pro's Debates
Can atheists control their nastiness?
Should Christians change?
Philosopher Kings are the solution.
Does Christianity have 1st Amendment Rights?
Jesus Created Antichrist.

Pro's profile- Religion: Christian - Protestant

Matthew 28:16-20
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Mark 16:15
15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

at no time have you obeyed this command of The Lord your God?
care to explain why you deny Gods command? And after you have made the poor attempt, Think you that God will except your excuses? After all, it IS HE who judges your behavior? I have merely presented the EVIDENCE against you?

Proverbs 30:6
Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Thus in accordance of scripture are you PROVED a LIAR.

You have since you began speaking have been undermining the Gospel, betraying yor obligation to the God you claimed to serve. You have not preached any gospel whatsoever?

upon review all your debates you have preached THE GOSPEL after 7 debates a total of 0 times. So it is proved ... You are Biblical illiterate. You cannot preach Gospel because you do not KNOW the gospel. In you is the spirit of Hypocrisy.

In you is fulfilled the prophecy of Hosea 4:6
"6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

Jeremiah 23:1
23 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord.

Jeremiah 2:8
8 The priests said not, Where is the Lord? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit.

Ezekiel 13:3
3 Thus saith the Lord God; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!

1 Corinthians 3:15
15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be savedeven though only as one escaping through the flames.

How fortunate for you that Salavation is FREE .. a GIFT of God. But take heed that SAVED IS NOT ALL you are?
Posted by Sophisto 3 years ago
Sophisto
Atheistic nastiness has a unique signature. Since the internet is their self-proclaimed asylum, they bring it upon themselves for being predictable as keyboard warriors after the same thing.
Posted by Sophisto 3 years ago
Sophisto
Posted by Sonofcharl 3 years ago
Sonofcharl
I'm sure that there are nasty atheists.

Just as I am sure that there are nasty Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus etc. etc.

Some people are nice, some people are nasty.

It's got nothing whatsoever to do with assumed beliefs.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
That is the"my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge" fallacy. Quite often people will assume that simply because the majority of people in a group have some attribute, then all others do as well. They will take a valid generalization and apply it to individuals in the group. Since an individual may not have the expected attribute(s), this often results in inappropriate treatment of the individual. Unfortunately, this idea is almost usually applied to categorize people, rather than understand them. Under the guise of "better understanding them", they tend to forget each member of a group is individual and apply some generalization - in the end failing to understand people! Instead of understanding, they invalidate.

But guess what...one can understand people, without having to categorize them! Moreover, as long as one categorizes people, they will never understand them, they will only mistreat them.
What is important to remember is that generalizations are only valuable when applied to individuals you do not know; to pre-judge them. Once you know an individual, there is no need for generalizations! However, since humans are a complex varied bunch, it is a complete gamble to extrapolate anything about them until you know them, and thus the generalizations are inherently useless and flawed. Given these considerations, it seems clear to me that you have no right to use prejudice just to simplify your life, at the probable expense of others.
Posted by Sophisto 3 years ago
Sophisto
I know my fallacies. Just because it"s flawed doesn"t render the logic completely ineffective.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
You have made what is called a "biased sample fallacy"(also known as: biased statistics, loaded sample, prejudiced statistics, prejudiced sample, loaded statistics, biased induction, biased generalization, biased generalizing, unrepresentative sample, unrepresentative generalization), when you said "Can atheists control their nastiness?" You did not say "some" or "all that I have met". You are trying to stereotype atheists with your bigoted statements that presupposes atheists are nasty as a condition of being a nonbeliever. It would be the same as me saying that Christian are as self righteous and morally certain as you because they believe. And we know that is not true, thank gods. Thanks for reading.

https://reasonresources.wordpress.com...
Posted by BaphometSgl 3 years ago
BaphometSgl
@FollowerofChrist1955 you are religious and you talk about reality? wow :P
Vote Placed by Wizofoz 3 years ago
Wizofoz
SophistoFollowerofChrist1955Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con simply m ade no arguments germane to the topic, but rather used the debate as a platform to preach. It is impossible to critically analyze their argument as they didn't make any. Pros opening statement contained a reasonably logical premise, so on the basis this was the only actual argument posted, Pro wins.