KJVPrewrather
Murphy24

Can gays be Christians?

KJVPrewrather

Pro

I assumt the burden of proof. This debate is based on the presupposition that a Christian is a human which knows Jesus as God, Lord, and Savior through repentence. I ask that my opponant state his or her reasons for saying no. I will use the King James Version of the Bible, which can be searched here: https://www.biblegateway.com...
Murphy24

Con

""Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable. (Lev. 18:22) Because God detests homosexuality, that stands to reason why Gays cannot be Christian. He hates it because it goes against what he created men and women to do, which is reproduce and populate the earth. A man and a man cannot reproduce nor can a woman and a woman. Jude 1:5-8 talks about how the people of Sodom and Gomorrah gave in to sexual immortality and have paid the ultimate price of eternal fire. In 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 it says that men who have sex with men and women with women will not inherit the kingdom of God.

If a homosexual wants to be a Christian, he/she must accept that their old ways are no more and must be willing to change his/her ways. If they do not want to change their ways and continuo their immoral ways that God Himself detests, then they will not be allowed into heaven.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

Sodom and Gomorrah: http://www.gaychristian101.com... Sodom and Gomorrah was about rape and inhospititality, not committed gay marriage. The men wanted to rape the angels. Refer to this: http://www.gaychristian101.com... O have one about Leviticus 18:22, and 20:13: http://www.gaychristian101.com... Please read the KJV before you assume, and read the articles. I am a cisgenderered bisexual woman, and I love Lord Jesus. Why should I hate how God made me?
Murphy24

Con

In your previous argument you gave a website biblegateway.com. That is the site that I got the bible verses to support my argument. In your reply, I feel like you might have gotten distracted from your original question. My reference from Leviticus was not about the angels; it was about sexual wickedness generally because God was already going to destroy both cities before the angels got there. In Leviticus 18 the lord is speaking to Moses about the things he is not to do and says to follow His laws. In verse 22 He says to not have sexual relations with a man (because Moses was a man) and same goes for women. God says He detests it. In Lev 20:13 it says what the punishment was back then for that sin, which was death. That is how much God detests that action.

God did not create homosexuality, that was man made, just like adultery. In Romans 1:26-27 God says it is unnatural. He created man and woman for the purpose of being fruitful and populating the earth.

The bible also talks a lot about love and how much He loves us. He loves us so much that He sent His son to die for us. Therefor, He still loves you because he created you, he just doesn't like men having sex with men and women with women. Being a Christian means to be like Christ, so if He detests the act of homosexuality, then as Christians we shouldn't do that. He knows we are going to make mistakes, that is why we are given forgiveness and grace.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

Did you read the links I provided to address your objections? From gaychristian101.com? Read Ephesians 2:89-9. Salvation for any human is not by works. Please read: http://www.gaychristian101.com...
Murphy24

Con

I did read them. In your first reference for gaychristian101.com they say quite a few times that homosexuality is not in the bible " S@dom is mentioned 48 times in the Bible and never in those 48 passages is homosexuality given as the cause of God's judgment." However, I have given quite a few verses from the bible that addresses homosexuality and what God thinks about it.

Another on of your references speaks about Sodom and Gomorrah "Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." - Jude 6-7, KJV". I looked up that verse in biblegateway.com "Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord[c] at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling"these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire." The angels that are being talked about are the ones who left their position God gave them. Those angels will be given judgement. It is said quite a few times that sexual immorality is detestable in Gods eyes and in this verse it says they will suffer eternal fire.

In the third reference you provided it says "The biblical truth is, Moses never mentions gays or lesbians, homosexuals or homosexuality". However, in Leviticus God is speaking directly to Moses and telling him all the thing Moses and his followers are not to do "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Yes, salvation is not by works but as Christians we are called to be like Christ. If Christ Himself says He detests homosexuality, then it stands to reason that a person cannot be gay or want to continue to be gay while trying to be like Christ.

I look forward to your next argument
KJVPrewrather

Pro

I am thge only one to provide links. Anyway, I am bisexual, and I am a Christian. I encourage those voting on this debate to read the material evidence I prided and compare my statements to yours. I am sure you love Jesus or at least know the Bible. I am in love with the Lord.
Murphy24

Con

I used the links you provided (biblegateway.com) to support my argument. I enjoyed this debate as it was my first debate on this site. I am sure you are a wonderful person and am glad you love the Lord. I do not hate bisexuals or gays or lesbians, I have many friends who are that I hold dear in my heart. Thank you for this fun experience and I hope you have a wonderful day.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

The point is, who are you to judge my Lord's servant. People like you drive people to suicide with their words. I was told I can't be a Christian because I am bisexual, but I have belonged to Jesus since I got saved when I was 15. Both opposite and same sex relationships have good and bad examples in KJV Scripture. Why should I be judged for the consenting adult that I love. All them gays that kill themselves do so because of scripture twisting antigay propaganda. Gaychristian101.com saved my life. Let's say I am wrong. Is Jesus not the God of love? It is between me and Jesus. He loves me, and I love Him. I have so many reasons to love Him.
Murphy24

Con

Your question was wither or not a gay could be a Christian or not. You posted this as a debate. I simply replied with scriptures from the bible to support what the bible and therefor God says about homosexuality. The only reference you used was from a website that suits your needs but completely ignores, cherry-picks, and twists what the bible actually says.

Saying that I am the reason that people commit suicide was not only untrue, it was also uncalled for and a very unchristian thing to say. As I have said before, I have gay friends whom I love very much and they love me as well. They love being around me and telling me their life story. None of them have ever told me they wanted to die over the things I have said. I take suicide very seriously. I have had two friends who have told me they wanted to die. Both I went above and beyond to help keep them from making that devastating decision. Both have told me they appreciate me.

I never once said the God didn't love you, in fact I have said the opposite. God loves you because He made you and has a plan for you. What that plan is I hate no idea, only He does. And when the day comes for us both to meet Him and He lets you in as you are now, I will be so happy and will admit defeat. But when that day come and He does not, I will be sad, because you are special and beautiful and I'm sure a wonderful person. But that is up to God.

Once again I thank you for the debate and wish you a blessed night.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Some christians are gay..Some are pedophiles..Some are not.
Posted by Knowledgeable 3 years ago
Knowledgeable
Romans 1:26-27
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

The women changing the natural use which is against nature, also the men leaving their natural use. Men with men working that which is unworthy. This goes back to Lev 20:13; a man who lies with a man as he does with a woman is a sin; it is an abomination. Sin is breaking the law (1 John 3:4), which was given to the nation of Israel only. Assuming GOD loves everyone and all nations received the law, you'd be going directly to the type of hell your religion teaches (which does not exist by the way).

Dr. Richard Hayes - "is a well-known evangelical author. He wrote The Moral Vision Of The New Testament, in which he defends the anti-gay viewpoint. Yet in spite of the fact that he regards all gay relationships as sinful," -GayChristian101.com

Dr. Robert Gagnon - "Although he too believes all gay relationships are sinful..." -GayChristian101.com

So, homosexuality is a sin. According to the Christian doctrine, sin will lead you to hell, where apparently there is a red guy with horns on his head and a pitch fork underneath the earth next to a lake of fire, lol. Any-who, sin is wickedness and wickedness leads you to death. However, you are free to do whatever you want because the Law, statues and commandments were not given to your nation. They were only given to the nation of Israel (Psalms 147:19-20; Romans 9:4). This is your kingdom; you do as you please. Our kingdom is next and the last.
Posted by King_Odysseus 3 years ago
King_Odysseus
It is literally impossible for anything that is not straight to be a Christian seeing as the bible considers gays to be an abomination.