tyrel82
billsands

Can social media bring out multiple personality disorders?

tyrel82

Pro

Can social media bring out multiple personality disorders? I was just wondering I felt like it did on me. I wasn't a very good person I am still working on that. I felt like I was evil on social media and people where just condemning and judging me. They where they would even go behind my back and act like little children and tell my parents on me when I am 36 years old. Since then I have deleted Facebook Twitter and Instagram never again. Or are the abusive people on social media the people who bring out your other self?
billsands

Con

Social media might be like booze, It might bring out things that were there before, But that don't create a probem, They may in extreme instances aggravate a existing problem
tyrel82

Pro

I think social media brings out the worst in people and it makes them think they can control everyone else.
billsands

Con

You think, In others words you guess, Do you have any evidnce that what you think actually has any bearing in reality?
tyrel82

Pro

I think social media brings out the side of people that no one ever gets to see.
billsands

Con

i think it can anything thing can trigger mentally unstable or feeble minded people, Porn, Violent games, But thats because the person is weak
Posted by Lilitu 1 year ago
Lilitu
. . . . No?
Those disorders can only form because of severe and repeating trauma.
Social media cannot traumatize someone to give them a personality disorder.
Posted by Debate0ts 3 years ago
Debate0ts
What a funny way off marking all internet users

Its only matter of things just we say to face to face.

But its seems online conversation (chats) r fuzzy to make more non sense
Posted by tyrel82 3 years ago
tyrel82
I don't have a facebook anymore the evidence people where even calling my mother and I am 36 years old and telling her that I hurt their feelings because I don't believe the same thing they did. I told them they don't pay my bills I tried to pay a bill with their opinion but it didn't work. I didn't take screen shots I just deleted and I didn't explain to anyone why I left it.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@billsands

Hypocritical when you don't even use evidence.
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
That 'is funny. Having empowered choice ought also reveal our virtues I think. I've seen a few people state their opinion on the evils of the internet though. Knowledge in the past would far often more be seen as a path to enlightenment and goodness, Education, Better understanding, And all that. Perhaps it's the form of the knowledge that gives people the most trouble. Perhaps it's a matter of them feeling they are being led into temptation so to speak.
Posted by melcharaz 3 years ago
melcharaz
this reminds me of a joke. A couple was talking about their son. "honey, Do you think buying jim a new bike will improve his behavior? " "no, But it will spread it around a wider area. "

basically empowering any form of choice is bound to reveal inherent flaws that we may or may not have been aware of before.
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
I'm not sure that having different aspects to your personality qualifies for multiple personality disorder. Media exists to influence people. Or at least I view that as one of it's purposes. And even if it didn't and you ignored media, Life exists, Life experiences exists, And it too influences people. To me it sounds you're making too much of it. Though I'll admit I only know a bare couple sentences of your situation.
Posted by patrol 3 years ago
patrol
Thank you for the quick response. I'm still not sure what the debate's about, So I'll pass on this.
Posted by tyrel82 3 years ago
tyrel82
I am arguing against people that want to use social media to force their agendas on other people.
Posted by tyrel82 3 years ago
tyrel82
I am arguing against using social media to brain wash people just because you don't agree with something.