Percivil
ritikapriyadarshani

Can technology replace the role of teachers in the next 3 years?

ritikapriyadarshani has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Percivil

Con

Good day to everyone here. My name is Percivil and I will be taking the role of con on the topic if technology can replace the role of teachers in the next 3 years.Now ladies and gentlemen,I"d like to look at what a teacher is suppose to do. A teacher is someone who will educate the ones of the future. To challenge his or her students with questions like: why is...how does...what is...etc. To discipline students when in the wrong. And most important of all:to inspire the ones of the future. Now, except for educating their students, can technology do any of the following mentioned? Maybe not while,but definitely more than 3 years in the future. Why do I say so? When you want to teach, you have to make sure the technology is fail proof. But at the rate that all tech companies are going, technology won"t be perfected in 3 years. Definitely more. AI"s such as Siri still has its faults and like I mentioned earlier: technology needs to be fail proof to teach. Unless u want the ones of the future to learn the wrong things and end up doing everything wrong. The last point I want to make is grading. I know I know, y"all are going to be like: We already can. The OAS system(a system where students shade circles to answer multiple choice questions and a machine would mark it from there).Duh...Well when we say Teachers, we mean Teachers for both core and non core subjects. But how are we going to grade non core subjects with a piece of paper? Take music for example. How is technology going to grade the dynamics or the creativity of the playing of the music? And art? Well art yes I know what"s going to happen. The only grade they will give is:syntax error.In conclusion,I do think that technology will replace the role of Teachers one day. But with the following points of mine,just not in the next 3 years.
ritikapriyadarshani

Pro

Hi everyone. my name is Ritika. Well,according to me, a robot can never take a place of a human. A human is full of emotions, understanding and care. whereas if we see, technology has made our lives easy, no doubt. But, they cannot give advice, they cannot tell if we are wrong or right. A teacher's utmost responsibility is to show the child the right path and surely, a gadget cannot do that. Every student needs a teacher who will be the guiding angel of their lives. a gadget cannot always understand you. Hence, I conceive, technology can never replace a teacher even in the next 3 years.
Percivil

Con

Um you"re suppose to be agreeing that technology CAN replace the role of teachers...