NKJVPrewrather
Aileen3310

Can the Christian faith and logical reason cooexist without a problem?

NKJVPrewrather

NKJVPrewrather

Pro

I say yes. I am a Christian. I accept every word of the NKJV Bible and the US Constitution. With logical reason with and without the Bible, I use reason to deduce that I ought to obey the no harm law, be nice to animals, and let people have freedom of thought if I want to do the same. I have no right to force religion on people, but I can practice ny faith. What I wish antitheists would understand is that I would fight for your right to be an atheist just please understand that I have the right.
Aileen3310

Con

Hi!
I am an Athiest at the moment who is in between accepting Islam and Christianity. I know that I need God in my life, and he exists. I hope I learn something about Christianity during our debate!

Note:
I will try my best to debate without offending anyone. If I do, then I'm sorry!
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

Welcome. I encourage you to repent of being a sinner, receive Jesus as God, Lord, and Savior. Then share what happened with me or another sinner like me. That is all you have to do. Now, you can send me a private message for more information before I get started. Many who are Christian and non Christian alike fail to see that faith and reason can coexist without self contradicted. I am a born again Christian but I only peacefully share my views because acts of religious terror are a moral wrong
Aileen3310

Con

Before I can accept Christian beliefs, someone has to convince me that Christianity is the right religion. Until you prove it, I can not convert to Christianity. I'll be stating some of my problems in this debate. (where Christianity goes against logic)
Okay, here is my first problem: According to the Bible, God said: "For every man shall bear his own burden."
If God said this, then how come he made his son bear other peoples burdens? (Original sin)
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

Jesus is the only way to be saved: https://www.biblegateway.com... ,https://www.biblegateway.com..., nd Jesus has been so good to me. CRepent, and call on His name and be saved.
Aileen3310

Con

You are not debating. Rather, you are just pushing your religion on me. I already told you that proof is needed. You are a tiny bit like FollowerOfChrist1955 in this way. You go on about 'repentance' and 'Jesus' and don't get much logical debating done. I suggest you start debating properly. You can start by looking at my problem I stated in my last argument.
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

Did I force you to accept this debate, sir or ma'am? Nope. I'm freely exchanging ideas on a debate site, I wish you the best, but you need to chill, please.
Aileen3310

Con

Still not willing to debate? Alright, I give up on this.
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

You are the one who is not debating. Blocked.
Aileen3310

Con

Probably not your fault anyway. You don"t know how to debate.
Some advice: Search up the definition of the word.
Posted by mosc 2 years ago
mosc
The idea of a person limiting the Gods to what a person personally believes - how utterly egotistical and completely perverted!
Posted by 2far4u2CharlesDarwin 3 years ago
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
Well, that JUST explains it all doesn't it, a Christian - Protestant that still segregates and fragments Jesus without any rational reasoning. Rational reasoning is not logic. I will show you logic.
Women is plural. Men is plural, man is singular.
Don't go interfering with a man by the name of Jesus affairs and I won't interfere with women affairs. As I am doing right now standing between an undecided atheist and a segregated Christian.

Hail Mary

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee;
Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
There! THAT'S how you get a vote removed.
Posted by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Phenenas// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Con was civil and open-minded at the beginning of the debate, and Pro tried to force her religion on her. Rather than arguing that faith and reason can coexist, the title of the debate which SHE made, she just linked to some Bible verses and literally said "Repent, sinner". Con politely asked her to turn her attention back to the argument, and then Pro absolutely flipped out, telling her opponent to "chill" and apparently blocking her. Despite being almost 3 times her opponent's age, Pro was the one who acted like a child.

[*Reason removal*] (1) The voter does not explain S&G. (2) Sources are insufficiently explained. The voter is required ot assess sources on both sides of the debate. Merely stating that one side"s sources did not help her case is not sufficient reason for awarding these points.
************************************************************************
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Absolutely hilarious!!!! That's not how you get a vote removed. I'll show you how to get a vote removed...
Posted by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: dsjpk5// Mod action: NOT Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded in round four.

[*Reason for removal*] While it is clear that Con made this concession out of frustration with Pro"s means of argumentation, it"s still a clear step out of the debate, which the voter is allowed to accept as a concession.

Note: Any further reports of this vote will be ignored unless the reporter contacts me personally to justify why it should be removed.
Posted by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame

[*Reason for non-removal*] While it is clear that Con made this concession out of frustration with Pro"s means of argumentation, it"s still a clear step out of the debate, which the voter is allowed to accept as a concession.
Posted by Amphia 3 years ago
Amphia
Oopsies. This did not turn out good.
Posted by NKJVPrewrather 3 years ago
NKJVPrewrather
I am sorry, I was wrong, please forgive me. I am legally blind, and got my debates confused. I am a lousy Christian. May I have another chance please? Christianity is about forgiveness and I am humbly seeking yours.
Posted by Aileen3310 3 years ago
Aileen3310
dsjpk5, With regards to your vote, Pro did not even make an argument. This was not even a debate. *Sigh*, so many people don't know what 'debate' means.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
NKJVPrewratherAileen3310Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded in round four.