IsaiahWOod23
Wimhoff

Can u be a christian and Gay

IsaiahWOod23

Con

I would like to give full respect to my opponent.
He can use whatever information he wants
Wimhoff

Pro

Yes you can. Being christain is about belief. Doesnt matter if you go to heaven or hell as long as you believe it, Then you are a practitioner of the religion.

Also someone could be gay but never do any gay activities for example. It's called abstinence and even straight people do it.
IsaiahWOod23

Con

It is true that Being christian is all about belief 100 percent actually. Belief is what gets you to heaven not your deeds. But, If you are a christian then your deeds will reflect it. Being Gay is rebellion against how God created you and against his word. James 2 look at this
"What good is it, My brothers and sisters, If someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed, " but does nothing about their physical needs, What good is it? In the same way, Faith by itself, If it is not accompanied by action, Is dead. "
Why would someone be a christian is they rebel against huge principle of the religion. In the bible homosexuality is a sin (in mind and in deed). But when your a christian you have a different perspective of sin then a non christian. You believe that every sin a person does was 1 reason why Jesus got slaughtered on the cross. You also believe that you deserve to go to hell because of things like sexual immorality. So my argument is this. Why would you do a sin like sexual immorality when God clearly hates.
People who read this I want you to fully grasp what I am saying.
God burned a city with fire and sulfur because of simply being Gay. God does not tolerate mockery of his word and his will. He may give mercy to them now, But not when they go before him in judgement.
1 corinthians 6:9
Also I would like to give full respect to my opponent. I give full respect to you and hope, May the Lord Bless you and Keep You
Wimhoff

Pro

Wimhoff forfeited this round.
Wimhoff

Pro

Wimhoff forfeited this round.
Wimhoff

Pro

Wimhoff forfeited this round.
Wimhoff

Pro

Wimhoff forfeited this round.
Posted by GuitarSlinger 3 years ago
GuitarSlinger
Yes. One can be gay and still be a Christian. However, One must remember there is a difference between desire and action. TO have same-sex attraction, That is a desire. To engage in sexual activity with someone, That is an action. It's subtle, But important point.

Having same-sex attraction (i. E. Being gay) is not necessarily sinful. While my faith (my Church) views it as "dis-ordered" (i. E. Not ordered properly), It is not in and of itself a sin. Here's an analogy-- a person may wish to rob a bank, Either because they are poor/destitute, Strapped for cash, Or any other reason we may not know. But if they do not act on that desire, They have not committed a sin (it can also be said they have not committed a crime).

What the Church does consider sinful though is engaging in sexual activity with someone of the same sex. So, Technically speaking, Having the desire (same-sex attraction) is not a sin, But the activity (having sex with someone that is the same-sex) is.

You may or may not agree with this stance, But I'm just explaining to you what my faith, The Church teaches. People like to say the Church is prohibits gays, Etc. ALl I can say, Is, My Church welcomes people who have same-sex attraction, Just like the welcome all sorts of people who struggle with things.

What the Church does prohibit though is the activity.
Posted by IsaiahWOod23 3 years ago
IsaiahWOod23
There is a big problem with everyones elses mindset. I don't twist scripture with my hand and make it mean what I want it to. Plus, Is scripture is just a book, I wouldn't"t be using it. I believe that God himself wrote the book, Through inspiration of the holy spirit. Because of that, Everything is perfect and true in the book. Also backwardseden, Hopefully you known this, But christians don't kill people. That scripture was for a specific people on a specific point of time, Almost 3500 years ago, Israel. That is no longer a command, Read the new testament. Although the reality is this 1 Corinthians 6:9.
Everyone has another problem, You take sin lightly. Because we live in a corrupted word, What used to be the death penalty is not completely accepted. You reject your creator as your creator, And love the sin of the world, Its the heart that made us eat the fruit. It biblically is a capital offense to be gay to Gods eyes. But he has mercy till the day of judgement.
Posted by John_C_1812_II 3 years ago
John_C_1812_II
The idea of gay is not limited by any governing to simple be a choice a person can make. Being gay is also an accusation that can be made against some-one with or without their knowledge. So yes a Christian can be gay.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Actually according to the piece of crap yodeling Buddhist monk bible you cannot be gay. Well that's only true if you want to live. Leviticus 20:13 is very clear about that.
KJV "If a man also lie with mankind, As he lieth with a woman, Both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. "
Yep yep yeppers this verse is changed so many times with so many translations alone that its really idiotic to say that man doe NOT change the bible because in 1947 the word "homosexual" was added to the bible by man, Thus the bible was changed to suit man's wants, Needs, And desires. Btw, Notice how nouns and verbs have been changed also.
NLT "If a man practices homosexuality, Having sex with another man as with a woman, Both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, For they are guilty of a capital offense. "
Now here's a REALLY hypnotically sickening version. . .
WYC "If a man sleepeth with a man, By lechery of a woman, Ever either hath wrought unleaveful thing, Die they by death; their blood be on them. (If a man sleepeth with a man, Like in fleshly coupling with a woman, They both have done an unlawful thing, And they both shall be put to death; their blood be on them. )"
Yeah. Have fun.
Posted by billsands 3 years ago
billsands
lol well just look at ted haggard, The closets of the bible belt are full of fruit loops in denial
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Con you are applying moral certainty to the question based on words from a book. Can you fully understand how dangerous a morally certain mindset is to have? No matter what you think or how you feel you can never change or improve that kind of morality. That renders you merely obedient to a book not moral. Morality is about being able to make the right choice.