ToasterMinistry
billsands

Canada should ban transgenderism

ToasterMinistry

Pro

The first round is just for some intro, If you accept this debate, Please reply with something along the lines of: "I accept", Instead of your argument(s) for your first round. This will be the overview of certain words that are used, To we don't get mixed up with everything.

This law will apply to all citizens living within Canada's borders, And will take place in Canada. A "transgender person" is someone who does not accept the gender role assigned to them biologically at birth. For example, A transgender person could be one that was born a male, And decided to change into a female.

A few notes: I am relatively new to debate, So if I am doing something wrong, Please tell me in the comments. I really just want to get better at debate and decided here would be a good place to start. I think I did this argument before, But since it was fun and I have a strong opinion against trans people. Oh, And I am not homophobic. Good luck!
billsands

Con

What you suggest violates basic human rights Canada is a liberal country and would never accept this, It also violate the Constitution, Look if you oppose trangender agenda fine that your right you can make being a perosn illegal thatswhat these people are you can't make that illegal any more than you can make beingblack or indigenous or jewish illegal, Are you going after gays to?
ToasterMinistry

Pro

Alright. I would like to refute your arguments first, And then proceed onwards to my own arguments. Also, I said for you to simply say: "I accept" as your first round. You violated that so you pretty much lost already. However, I will continue this debate.

Your argument is saying that it basically violates the Canadian law. I am too lazy to find that exact law, So I would assume for now that it is fake. Provide actual evidence for the points that people might not have access to or don't know how to find or their bs. You also said that I would be going against gays. But transgenders and gays are different. At least gays don't go against basic biology.

Now for some of my own points. .

I'd like to start off with the fact that being transgender is defying basic biology. For the entirety of history, "boy" meant boy and "girl" meant girl. Never in history did they switch. For example, If you are a male, Just because you get long hair and get some of the women's stuff attached to you doesn't make you a woman. If Bob sadly broke his arm and got a robotic one to replace his arm, He isn't "half robot". He is still a human being, But just happens to have some mechanical parts in him. It's the same thing with gender. Let me give another example. If I got you some cow legs and attached them to you and then called you a cow, Do you magically turn into a cow? I don't think so. You are still a human being and just have cow parts in you. Just because you call yourself something else doesn't mean you are that something else. If I called you a trumpet right now, Are you a trumpet? No, Because you can't change yourself into another thing. Males and females have biological differences, And the fact that you can't change genders is a true fact.

I am also partly doing this for transgender people's own good. By being transgender, They need to go through many stressful things. From needing to act and do things like the opposite gender 24/7 to getting rejected by employers to even getting neglected. Most transgender people suffer from depression and some even suicide. It is also why the number of transgender people who can join the US military are limited to a small amount. There have even been blogs of groups of transgender people who wrote how and why they regretted becoming transgender. We can't spend so much resources and time on something that kills most people who become it and takes up only like, 0. 1 percent of the entire population.

My last point concerns the society as a whole. Literally all organizations provide additional benefits to the society (other than paying taxes, In which all Canadians pay for). For example, Hockey generates a lot of revenue in the form of taxes for the government, Which means that the government can support and help Canadian citizens and/or aid countries in need. However, Think about what transgenderism has gave to the society that benefited it. Transgenderism requires money and space that we might need in the future. On top of that, There are so many people arguing about it. Take Ben Shapiro for an example. He literally spends most of his time debating with people. So we can conclude that not only does transgender people take up money and space, But also precious time(that can't come back)that could be spent on other, More pressing and big matters and issues in the world. All transgenderism gives us is a few thousand happy people, In which half of them get depression and suicide. The cons of transgenderism outweighs the pros of it, By a lot.

So in conclusion, Transgenderism doesn't biologically make sense and goes against our understanding of humans relative to genders, Banning transgenderism helps most people with the smallest amount of resources, And banning transgenderism benefits the society as a whole.
billsands

Con

You can not do that it violates the constituion of canada
ToasterMinistry

Pro

A few things first. I told you to provide the exact law that states that we can't ban transgenderism. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm just saying that since you have no sources, You can just go shut yourself.

Also, You haven't refuted any of my other arguments, Meaning I basically won.
billsands

Con

what you suggest volates basic human rights, That all i need to say to win
ToasterMinistry

Pro

Jesus Christ! I"ve been asking for that law for like, The entirety of the argument. You don"t give us the law exactly, So therefore you must in order to win. How many times do I need to tell you?
billsands

Con

What you suggest violates natura law
ToasterMinistry

Pro

Right, So a few things. First off is that bilsands is too stupid to understand what I mean by: "Post the exact law that states why it violates human rights". I've been asking him for the last 4 rounds, And he has never done it. What is the exact law that states this? If it was a real debate, I could just say the law didn't exist because you didn't site your source, And technically you would loose because you didn't. Seriously. If you can't understand basic english, Why are you debating here?

Anyways, I couldn't find that exact Canadian law because I didn't know what to type in Google (lol). However, I found a law in the American Constitution that says something close: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, Or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, Or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, And to petition the government for a redress of grievances. "

Now, Banning transgenderism does not directly violate any of these laws.

It states that Congress can't make any law respecting an establishment of any religion. However, Transgenderism is not a religion, Technically. It is getting a bit close to a cultish religion, I admit, But it is not a formal and established religion. This means that we can ban it before it becomes an actual religion. There is some debate over whether it is one, But it was concluded with the majority saying it was not. Banning transgenderism also does not violate freedom of speech. I mean, Yes. If transgenderism does get banned people could technically say they are "transgender", As long as they actually aren't. This means that it does not violate freedom of speech. To further support this, Recently it was announced that in America that Transgender people weren't allowed to serve in the military, Or that the number of people would be kept to a very, Very low minimum. If Congress can get the military to do that, Then why can't we just ban transgenderism?
billsands

Con

Calling me stupid isnt an argument it proves you immature, I automatically win because you have been abusive, I don't hav to state the exact law, I don't but An Act to amend the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code (Bill C-16, 2016) is a law passed by the Parliament of Canada. The law adds gender expression and gender identity as protected grounds to the Canadian Human Rights Act, And also to the Criminal Code provisions dealing with hate propaganda, Incitement to genocide, And aggravating factors in sentencing.
Posted by LarsThurgood 2 years ago
LarsThurgood
billsands is just too retarded to understand.
Posted by BiggsBoonj 3 years ago
BiggsBoonj
Just because something biologically doesn't make sense doesn't mean you ban it. Just like we shouldn't ban homosexuality.
Posted by ToasterMinistry 3 years ago
ToasterMinistry
Good, I hope so. Good luck with your problem.
Posted by Christfollower 3 years ago
Christfollower
It has nothing to do with that. I like a good debate. It is not letting me in.
Posted by ToasterMinistry 3 years ago
ToasterMinistry
Why is it that always in this subject my opponent gives their argument and i refute them and give some arguments of their own and then they don't respond anymore. . .
Posted by Christfollower 3 years ago
Christfollower
My current debate with you is having some tech difficalties. It won't let me open it.