MyMixtape
ThatRandomPhilospher

Captain America only beat iron man in captain america:civil war because of plot armor

MyMixtape has forfeited round #3.
Started: 6/2/2018 Category: Movies
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

MyMixtape

Pro

First round acceptance only.
ThatRandomPhilospher

Con

Okay. Should I just state my argument... because.... um.... you kind of put yours in the title.
I would like to argue that Captain America only beat Iron Man in Captain America: Civil War because he had help, which technically isn't plot armor.
MyMixtape

Pro

Iron man suddenly becomes a moron and dosent kill cap when he has many chances to.He could have shot cap with an his repulsors but he lasered the door instead.Also instead of just killing bucky he chooses to monolouge.
ThatRandomPhilospher

Con

There was no reason why Tony would have wanted to kill Cap. Bucky was the one he wanted to kill, since he killed his parents, and in the first moments of the final confrontation, Tony did nearly kill him.

Secondly, later in the fight we see Cap use his shield to block a stream of repulsor energy, so blasting him would be less effective than simply blocking the passageway.

As for his illogical actions, you have to remember that Cap had some help, even if it isn't direct help. The villain of the story had revealed to Tony that Bucky was the one who killed his parents, and we are shown that Tony became enraged because of this. The rage became blinding as he only had one thought on his mind: To kill Bucky. Even when Cap confronts him by saying that it won't change the past, Tony says "I don't care. He killed my mom." While he might seem to have a cool head, regular common sense might have been clouded by emotions.

Tony always had always fought with a cool head, so strong emotions in a combat situation would be new to him. This inexperience gives Captain America and Bucky the advantage.