Truthseeker01
MyMixtape

Catholicism is the only true religion

MyMixtape has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Truthseeker01

Pro

Hi there this debate if about giving you proof that the catholic church is the only true religion and that a reasonable human being must admit the fact that it is a divine religion.
My opponent if he don't agree will have to try to counter my argument.
Truthseeker01

Pro

Welcome and thanks, I will have the burden of proof and set it up on 3 axes.

1) Proof by resurrection

I am going to list some facts that are admitted by most scholars.

Fact 1: Jesus died on cross by Pontius Pilatus: Proof historian Tacitus in the annals : 'Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind.'

Fact 2: Jesus tomb was empty

-According to Gary Habermas in journal of the historical jesus admitted that 75% of scholars that work on the subject agree or atleast are not opposed to the idea of an empty tomb

-Jews that were opposed to christianity were accusing the christians of stealing the body of Jesus. Thus, it is logical to say that they concede that the tomb was empty. Sources: Tertullian in De Spectaculis 30, Toledot Yeshou a jew book in medieval age on this theme,

- If opposants of christianity had stolen the boy they would just had showed the body of christ to stop the development of christianity

Fact 3: The apostles were persecuted for their faith

- The apostles were persecuted to death cf the catholic tradition I know my opposant can argue that there is no real proof except from catholic sources that they suffered martyrdom but you have to concede that we can affirm for sure that they suffered at least severe persecution. They knew if resurrection really occured or not, so either they were lying and they suffered for these lies for no reason, either it was true.

Conclusion: It is more reasonable to say that JC was ressurected.

2) Proof by the jews.

Now let's have a look at the prophecies.

Dispersion and persecution of the jews

Deuteurenomy 28:64: And the Lord will scatter you among all the nations, from one end of the earth to the other
Leviticus 26: 33 And you will I scatter among the nations, and I will draw out the sword after you: and your land shall be a desolation, and your cities shall be a wast
Luke 21: And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
Hoséa 9: My God will cast them away, because they did not hearken unto him: and they shall be wanderers among the nations.

They are others prophecies on the same theme so if you need more sources I can provide.

Conservation of jewish even if they are disperted

Leviticus 26: 44,45
: And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God. 45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

So: 3 predictions on the destiny of the jews was predicted: dispersion, persecution, and conservation when we look at the jewish history we can see that all 3 of these criterias were fulfilled. If you don't agree i can proove it.

3) Proof by miracles after JC

There are so many miracles in the catholic church that i will have to choose, so I will pick an historical one.

- Background lets look at the prophecy of Jesus Christ: Matthew 24: And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Prophecy that was realized: at 70 after JC the temple of Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans.

- The jews tried to construct it again on 3 occasions that failed once under Constantine, once under Hadrien and once under Julian the Aposate i will focus on the last one.

- The attemp to build again the Jerusalem temple under Julian the Apostate:

Facts: Julian the roman emperor was catholic and was the only emperor after Constantine that rejected the catholic religion to come back to the old pagan gods so he was called an apostate. In an attempt to harm the religion he made an alliance with jews to build again the Jerusalem Temple since he was thinking that it would cancer the prophecy of Jesus Christ that i cited.

His attempt to rebuild was interrupted by a miracle and earthquake and balls of fires. Ammianus Marcellinus noted “terrifying balls of flame kept bursting forth near the foundations of the Temple,” burning some of the workers to death and putting a stop to the enterprise.
Ammianus Marcellinus was a pagan historian under Julian the apostate so you can't argue that this source is christian and not objective.

Today historians agree and even a famous jewish historian Graetz in history of the jews agree that something happened even tho he gives natural causes to it.

Posted by Bryan101 3 years ago
Bryan101
When we confess our sins to a priest, we might as well confess our sins to a rock. In so doing we turn our back on the Spirit of Truth (unconditional love), the Son of God (Unconditional Love) and GOD (UNCONDITIONAL LOVE). Behind us our wounded lay unattended! We each have a personal responsibility to those against whom we have sinned. When we search our hearts, the Spirit of Truth will show us what to do"I am, I am who I am: forgiveness for all, confessional baptism and return to all temperance. Just as we know that day is day and night is night we know the Truth is Truth!

I have already done Confessional Baptism and so, I already know what I am talking about. Thus, I"the Roman Catholic Church"lied to everyone. I poured water over the Children of GOD and the Children of GOD poured money over me. I received a lot of offerings: made a lot of money, had a lot of power, received a lot of confessions, controlled a lot of people and marked a lot of foreheads. I used the seven bowls of wrath against everyone who questioned my authority. I put the fear of GOD in every child of GOD. It was good that this world began running away from me, but it did not run far enough away (I still have hold). My Roman Catholic seal and stamp of approval is, was and forever will be crumpling in the hands of GOD. My seal of approval has no value in Heaven.

The one and only Child of GOD was my Boulder. I used it to Seal the Tomb of Unconditional Love Shut! When my Boulder failed to contain Unconditional Love, I snuffed out every follower! I selected the testaments that served the will of my Empire and I burned the ones that were not acceptable. I sealed the narrow path shut with a New Boulder:

I Proclaimed: "No other testaments were needed, stay home! Enter Heaven through My Church (My Temple), worship in My Church and do not follow Unconditional Love!"
I Proclaimed: "Unconditional Love will return outside of us!"
I Proclaimed: "Truth and Salvation were only accessible through me!"