Mabbott
My_Opinions.com

Cell phones do more harm than good in society and schools today

Started: 12/28/2018 Category: Technology

Mabbott

Pro

I believe that cell phones are doing way more harm than good. When you walk down the street all that you see is people walking down the street with their phones in their faces. When we didn't have cell phones people actually talked to each other
My_Opinions.com

Con

Cell phones are actually very useful in society and thought there are cons I think the pros outnumber them.
Many people like to meet their friends and bar/restaurants/ect. But meeting there both on the dot is very difficult. Waiting in our modern world can cause worry of being alone with nobody else their and having a phone can provide a sense that you are not alone.
Also, Many teens will be hanging around and trying new things, If they need to get out of a situation they can call or text someone to collect them, Instead of being uncomfortable or in danger
Mabbott

Pro

Well, You don't NEED to look at a phone while you are waiting especially if you are waiting with someone else. I've hung out with people who were waiting for something and I was sitting there and she just stared at her phone the whole time. With everyone having phones in school it makes people without phones feel more outcasted. Yes, It can help if you are in an uncomfortable moment but just walking away and asking a friend for a ride could work too. There are constantly moments when I am talking to someone and they feel their phone buzz and they just pull it out and reply while I'm talking to them and I think that is super disrespectful.
My_Opinions.com

Con

Yes I completely agree, It is VERY rude to be on the phone when talking to somebody in front of you.
I do believe that phones make lives easier, Such as communicating with family and in dangerous situations.
Without phones, Many many people would be dead due to the amount of calls to 999 /911 /ect.
It would also be quite problematic if you couldn't get a ride or where not with someone
Mabbott

Pro

Mabbott forfeited this round.
My_Opinions.com

Con

My_Opinions.com forfeited this round.
Mabbott

Pro

Mabbott forfeited this round.
My_Opinions.com

Con

Phones are also very important in things, Such as offices and people who work from home.
The world is a constantly changing place and it can be hard to keep up with that but phones can be and are very important to out society today
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Mabbot

"Cell phones do more harm than good in society and schools today"
Going by the title it requires more than 1 anecdote. If you only give an argument like "When you walk down the street all that you see is people walking down the street with their phones in their faces. " I can add my own and say where I live no one uses phones and they still do not talk to each other.

Another point you made: "When we didn't have cell phones people actually talked to each other" Now that we do have cellphones people are able to communicate in more ways. Whether it be calling someone, Texting or using social media. People do actually do talk to each other but not in the context you are speaking about.