WFTL
RMTheSupreme

Christ built his church, are you in it?

WFTL

Pro

There's only one church, are you in it? The church of Christ is that one church, and if you're not in it, you stand lost.
RMTheSupreme

Con

I agree with Pro that Christ built his church.

I disagree that I am in it for I am knowing of my own location and at this time I am not in the Church built by Christ that is to be termed 'his church' or 'Christ's church' in this debate.

I am located outside of his church and the burden of proof of my location (if I am even to exist or be located anywhere at all) being inside of his church is Pro's to meet.
WFTL

Pro

The bible clearly states who and how one becomes a member of the church of Christ. Acts 2:38-47. The bible also clearly states how one is to worship, and by not going according to his command on worshipping, will show one not to be in the church Christ built, and that one is outside of Christ, lost. Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2, Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16.

The New Testament worshippers must sing only, no mechanical instruments, as God has given commands to sing only. The Lord's supper is given every Lord's day, as it states, as often as ye come together.

1 Corinthians 11:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
RMTheSupreme

Con

Yes, I am a sinner and therefore I am not in the church of Christ.
WFTL

Pro

Yes my friend, your comment is true. But it doesn't have to continue to be. Here is what's needed to become a Christian. http://sumnerchurchofchrist.org...

There's no other church [denomination] on this planet that one can be part of and be in the body of Christ, other than the church of Christ. I encourage you to prove me wrong, because by doing so you will only be proving me right, as this is the only church spoken of in the bible that one must be in, which is the body of Christ.

Romans 12:4-5

For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

Ephesians 4:4
There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;

Colossians 1:24
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions.

Colossians 1:18
He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

Ephesians 1:22
And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,

CONCLUSION;
In order to be saved, one must be added to the church of Christ, non instrumental by baptism, immersion. Acts 2:38, Mark 16:16.
My opponent can try, as I said earlier, and I hope he does, to show that the church of Christ isn't the church the bible speaks of being the only church one must be added to by God.

It is the only church Christ built, unless my opponent can show of another church built that day in AD33 on the day of Pentecost in Jerusalem, then my opponent must concede. Again, it has to come from the bible, and there's no other church named in the bible that Christ built. Matthew 16:18, Romans 16:16. No, the Catholic church came hundreds years later, just in case you thought about using it, even though the Catholic church isn't mentioned in the bible, along with any of there false doctrine either.
RMTheSupreme

Con

Since Pro used new sources and quotes in the last round, I can too.

One thing first though: Pro says "There's no other church [denomination] on this planet that one can be part of and be in the body of Christ, other than the church of Christ. I encourage you to prove me wrong, because by doing so you will only be proving me right, as this is the only church spoken of in the bible that one must be in, which is the body of Christ." But the issue here is that Pro ignores Temples, Synagogues, Mosques, Gurdwara and a multitude of other places that are for meditation but a non-Hindu format and thus not Temples as well as Pagan institutions of faith but they often use the Hindu term 'temple' as a temple is a very universal term if you actually read its definition. So, while the only Church(es) on Earth (other than the Church of Theistic Satanism known either as the Church of Laviathan, Ahriman and/or Azazel[1][2]) there is so much outside of the Church of Christ to be a part of as a Theist and on top of that, you could be an atheist and thus ascribe to no place of worship at all.

I will now use quotes (from the Bible's two testaments) that explain there is always the option to remain outside of the worship of Christ and thus to reside spiritually outside of a Church that he theoretically built.

2 John 1:9-11
Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

2 Chronicles 15:12-13
And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

2 Corinthians 4:4
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Revelation 21:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Revelation 20:15
And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Luke 12:5
But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!

There's obviously many, many more than these but they will do. I am destined to the Christian hell and do not worship Christ via and denomination of his.

[1] https://satanicorganizations.weebly.com...
[2] http://theisticsatanism.com...

Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 3 years ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
Christ" church was founded on Peter which couldn"t be more clearer in scripture (Matt 16:18) in addition if we look at further passages and tradition we see that that church is the Catholic church today which Peter was the first pope.
Posted by BaphometSgl 3 years ago
BaphometSgl
The IQ of some people at this debate org are bellow 70
Posted by MarkK.1068 3 years ago
MarkK.1068
Why is the burden of proving Con anything Pro's? Pro asked the specific question whether Con is in or out? Con replied he knew what Pro was referring to. I don't see Pro having to prove anything at all since he asked a question. Seems the answer is on Con to provide.