Isaac2019
masse00

Christianity is anti Semitic at its heart, why should Jews ever trust Christians

masse00 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Debating Period

Isaac2019

Con

Christians killed 6 million Jews and want to either convert us to their false God or kill us off. Why should we Jews trust them after 2000 years of hate expulsion and murder of Jewish children at the hands of Christians!!!!
masse00

Pro

Thanks for debating this topic with me. I"d like to first start with a question: when did Christians kill 6 million Jews? My opponent says that Christians want to convert everyone to their false God but Jews and Christians both believe in a monotheistic idea of God. The only difference is Christians believe Jesus was the son of God, not simply a prophet, as the Jews view him. I"ll assume that Christians really did murder thousands of Jews long ago, for the sake of the argument. First, the question is why? What was their motive? What was their intention? I"d say that back then, pride and a certain "us versus them" mentality were likely responsible for many of the world"s wars. Simply put, Jews thought they were right and Christians thought they were right (just like today). I"ll get into more detail about these points in later rounds, I just wanted to establish a base for my argument. Now, addressing the last part of my opponent"s question, why should Jews ever trust Christians again? First, I"d like to ask, trust them how? Do you mean trust in their religion or trust that they aren"t out to murder them, etc.? It"s extremely unlikely for someone who chooses a religion in today"s world (i.e. Judaism) to be pushed or pulled away from that commitment because of how people of that religion may or may not have been treated 2000 years ago.
Isaac2019

Con

My good friend we are nothing of the same. Christians pray to Jesus as God that"s is pagan and idolatrous to us. And Jews don"t consider Jesus to have been either the messiah or a prophet. Age of prophecy ended centuries before his birth. Muslims however do consider him a prophet.
Posted by judaism 2 years ago
judaism
backwardseden,

I once proved to an atheist that Hitler wasn't a Christian by far. He cried all night like the child he was and deleted my answer the next day.

Hitler was more the likes of a cult.
Posted by judaism 2 years ago
judaism
Most of those Nazis weren't Christians. They were just plain murders, though influenced by Luther's gross anti-Semitism.
Posted by Isaac2019 2 years ago
Isaac2019
Typical Christian lie. Did they teach you Jews killed Jesus in Sunday school?? Romans killed him in your fairytale but he never lived in reality.
Posted by bfritts5 2 years ago
bfritts5
The Jewish people killed Jesus anyway.
Posted by Isaac2019 2 years ago
Isaac2019
Christianity anti Semitism lead to the Holocaust. Read Matthews passion to see what I mean.
Posted by bfritts5 2 years ago
bfritts5
aND CHRISTIANS AND JEWS BELIEVE IN THE SAME GOD.
Posted by bfritts5 2 years ago
bfritts5
This is giving me a tumor. Christians did not kill 6 million Jews you retard. If you are talking about the holocaust then Christians were killed there too... Not only Jews.
Posted by backwardseden 2 years ago
backwardseden
@WOLF.J - And you do get that Hitler was a devout christian - right? Now why don't you look up Hong Xiuquan who KNEW himself to be the younger brother of christ. Have fun watching these because its all TRUE!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com... - The Taiping Rebellion
http://www.youtube.com... - Jesus' Chinese Brother: Hong Xiuquan | Wookong
Posted by WOLF.J 2 years ago
WOLF.J
Moreover, Christians will argue that Jews killed Jesus, so everyone is killing everyone in the name of god, which is hypocrisy on all levels.
Posted by WOLF.J 2 years ago
WOLF.J
Christians did not kill 6mil jews, Nazis did. That's a bit misinformative bro