jrardin12
omar2345

Christianity is the Right Religion Part 1

omar2345

jrardin12

Pro

I would be glad to debate Christianity with you. I want to just say that a Christian, According to the Bible, Is one who accepts Jesus as their Savior and repents from their sin in order to gain salvation. Any religion that believes salvation is by works or a religious acts is not saved according to Ephesians 2:8-9, Isaiah 64:6, John 3:16.
So please present your reason why Christianity is not the true religion.
omar2345

Con

Never mind what I said in the comments. If you would like to reply to that then do so in the comments.

I will be taking the side Christianity is not the right religion without using another religion for support.

Bible

For you to be true the Bible must be accepted as the word of God. If not I await arguments to tell me why the Bible is the word of God. I do not want circular reasoning since I have to agree on your premises.

Christianity

Christianity cannot be the right religion because the religion is not right. One example is the dislike of homosexuals. To me this is not a problem if the person in question does it in the comfort of his own home or somewhere out of your site like a gay club. Homosexuals are not choosing to be gay they were born to be so. Even if it does tend that they have a sexual experience at an earlier age with the same sex it only makes its more clear to them what they prefer. I would like you to somehow defend the dislike of homosexuals.

Philosophy

As ideas Christianity is still bad as a morality framework. It allows belief to be superseded by rationale or become intellectually dishonest. Christian scientist are first Christian which does give them a bias in proving the Bible right. In most cases this does not make their arguments wrong but they would do anything to prove their religion to be true. Another way Christianity is a bad philosophy is by looking at what the Bible thinks of slavery. From the source below it is already agreed slavery should be something worth protecting and states slaves should be obedient to their masters. Which is not fair on the slaves in question. Why are slaves a good thing? Why does the Bible condone it? I would say it is infringing on the person's rights but the Bible has nothing against slaves if it tells slaves to be obedient to their masters instead of aspiring to not be slaves and live as equals in rights.

Source:

https://www. Biblegateway. Com/passage/? Search=Ephesians+6%3A5-7&version=NIV
jrardin12

Pro

Before I start answering I want to make sure that you understand that the Bible was originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek, So please keep that in mind for me. Since this is only part one let us start with the Bible and proving it is the Word of God

The Bible is not just a book of great moral lessons, Though it contains those in abundance. It is not just a book of beautiful writing, Though it is full of wonderful prose and poetry. It is not just a book of history, Though it includes authentic and reliable historical information. It is not just a book of wisdom, Though it has the finest wisdom literature known to man. And it is not just a book of prophecy, Though it includes hundreds of specific predictions that have come true.
It is not just one of the classics. It is like no other book ever written. It is the living Word of God with the power to transform hearts, To convert, To comfort, And to sustain. The Bible is truly divinely inspired, It is infallible, It is indestructible, And it is inerrant. The Bible is unique inits unity, Its circulation, Its translation, Its teachings, Its influence on literature, Its impact on civilization, And its durability.
Jesus affirms the infallibility of the Bible, Declaring, "The Scripture cannot be broken" (John 10:35). Likewise Isaiah exclaims, "The Word of God stands forever, " adding that"my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not be empty, But will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it" (Isaiah 40:8, 55:1). Paul describes Scripture as "the oracles of God" (Romans 3:2).
Throughout history the Bible has been subject to attack-from anti-Christian emperors to godless Communist despots to irreligious university professors-but has withstood all challenges. Christians who wouldn't forswear it have been persecuted and martyred throughout the ages. Among thousands of examples, The Roman emperor Diocletian outlawed the Bible and decreed that any Christian caught with one would be executed. Maximian issued an edict that all Christian churches were to be destroyed and all copies of the Bible were to be burned. In 1546, Peter Chapot brought a number of Bibles in the French language to France and sold them there, And as a result was tried, Sentenced, And executed within days. This martyrdom continued into the modern era, With particularly severe punishments meted out for Bible possession throughout much of the Islamic world. The same goes for Communist nations; in Communist-era Romania, For example, The Baptist Ioan Clipa was repeatedly arrested by the secret police for distributing Bibles. He suffered a nervous breakdown and eventually committed suicide.
French Enlightenment philosophe Voltaire predicted Christianity would cease to exist within one hundred years of his lifetime, At which point Bibles would only be found in museums. But the Bible endures. In fact the Geneva Bible society used his house and printing press to print Bibles 50 years after he died.
Nineteenth-century Oxford professor M. Montiero-Williams, Who spent forty-two years studying ancient Eastern books, Made this stunning claim in comparing them to the Bible: "Pile them, If you will, On the left side of your study table; but place your own Holy Bible on the right side-all by itself, All alone-and with a wide gap between them. For. . . There is a gulf between it and the so called sacred books of the East which serves the one from the other utterly, Hopelessly and forever. . . A veritable gulf which cannot be bridged over by any science of religious thought. "
Through the ages, Legions of critics have sought to undermine the Bible by exposing its supposed inaccuracies, Inconsistencies, And errors, Its allegedly unreliable transcriptions and reservations, And the ostensibly dubious authenticity of Jesus' recorded statements. As archaeological finds have verified names, Places, And events described in the Bible and as its prophecies have been fulfilled, Critics have resorted to new attacks, Arguing for example that certain prophetic books couldn't have been written by their known authors because they lived before the prophecies occurred. Well, That's the point of a prophecy, Isn't it? But many critics deny the very possibility of supernatural prophecies, So when confronted with them they resort to strained, Unsupportable arguments. Similarly, They reject the Bible's account of miracles not because the eyewitness accounts are unreliable, But because they believe miracles are impossible. So yes, If you refuse to believe that biblical prophecies and miracles are even possible, You will also probably question the Bible's authenticity. But you'll have a lot of explaining to do.

People have long believed in the divine inspiration and authority of the Bible, And the Book itself offers abundant evidence for it. For example, The Bible maintains a unified, Continuous message across its sixty-six books, Which were written over some 1, 500 years by the forty authors. If you read it enough you can't help but notice it has the same voice of authority throughout. I'm not saying each book has a similar style or that the authorial "voice" of each biblical writer is identical, As if they were scriveners merely transcribing dictation by the Holy Spirit. I'm saying that even through the medium of these unique, Individual human beings writing in different historical time periods, In different geographical settings, And sometimes in different languages, There is a distinct voice behind the voice.
In my own reading of the Bible, Just as I get the innate sense that there is divine authority behind Jesus' teachings, I can't help but feel the authority of the one God of the universe behind the entirety of Scripture. This is all the more impressive when you consider that other sacred books are the product of one man, And therefore present no problem of continuity that one would expect from a book written by such diverse and remote authors. As Daniel Fuller observes, "In no other literature besides the Bible do some forty authors or editors, Writing in a period of over a thousand years, In places and cultures as widely separated as Rome and Babylon, Succeed in developing a body of literature that even at first inspection gives an indication of being a unity. "
Once you begin reading the Bible in earnest you hardly need a reference Bible to notice that major and minor themes, Pronouncements, And teachings are sprinkled seamlessly throughout the Testaments to create an amazing, Unified whole. I`m telling you that the Bible`s interconnectedness is so striking to me on that basis alone I would be a believer. It`s hard enough for one person writing quickly to remain consistent. But to present such a consistency of message themes with this diverse authorship over such a long time period would be unimaginable without a sophisticated conspiracy, And even then, It would be nearly impossible to pull off.
Indeed, I will confess that I am convinced there was a conspiracy in the authorship of the Bible, But that it was a divine conspiracy, And that God Himself was the force behind the singular, Remarkable integration that I witness each time I read it. I am certain that this alone could be as convincing proof as many will ever need that this book was given to us by God. Evangelical Author Chuck Missler`s description of the Bible as "an integrated message system" resonates with me. Similarly, Dr. Walter Elwell aptly describes the Bible as having "one heart beat" and as "an organic unity because an infinite God orchestrated its production. " But perhaps Dr. Colin Peckham puts it best:

The Bible is a unique phenomenon, Wholly unrivaled in the world of letters. It is a literary marvel, A moral miracle. It is not the product of one editor who chose his contributors, Mapped out his course of study, Gave each assignment and then brought them all together in a neatly bound volume. Its writing is as diverse as can possible be imagines. . . . The vast differences in every aspect of its production are obvious to even the most casual observer. The authors are so different and remote from one another that they would not have been acquainted nor could they have conspired together for either evil or good purposes. . . . What a dreadful muddle it would all be if there was no central controlling influence; but it all fits together like a hand in a glove. The unity is miraculous and marvelous.

I don't have more room to write more about why the Bible is the Word of God, But I will address it more in the next round.

I would like to address homosexuality. Just because you don't like how God views homosexuality is your problem not His.
You say that people are naturally gay, But let me ask you, Is adultery/polygamy "natural"? Or for that matter, Is murder natural? Is theft natural? All these behaviors are common among animals, And so in some sense, Are "natural. " Humans dwell in natural bodies that are predisposed to sin because of the Curse. So many people could attempt to justify sin by claiming that it"s "only natural. " Why not be cannibalistic? Praying mantises are, After all! Even ignoring the animal kingdom and focusing on humans, We see that humans are prone to many behaviors-murder, Rape, Theft, Deceit, Etc. -that could be called "natural, " yet that are not endorsed by most people. So simply showing a behavior to be natural is not the same as showing it to be right. Furthermore, The entire idea of what is "natural" hinges on one"s idea of the origin of nature. If all nature is random, And if humans share common ancestry with all other living things (and, Theoretically, Non-living things), Then it is understandable for humans to try to justify behavior as "natural" by showing that animals behave in the same fashion. But if humans were created in the image of God, Separate from animals, Then what is "natural" for us"in the sense of "how God created us""is to obey Him.

I will address slavery in the next round.
omar2345

Con

The Bible is not just a book of great moral lessons
I think my slavery point proves that wrong. It is supposed to be the word of God and it condones slavery as if it is a morally good. It is not if it isn't clear that slavery is a bad thing.

living Word of God
Judaism and Islam can say that so either I believe you all or you are all wrong. Bad argument.

It is infallible
Slavery is a mistake therefore The Bible is wrong.

indestructible
It is a book that can burn not made of diamond.

Jesus affirms the infallibility of the Bible
Using Jesus as if that proves the Bible to be the word of God.

The Scripture cannot be broken" (John 10:35). Likewise Isaiah exclaims, "The Word of God stands forever, " adding that"my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not be empty, But will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it" (Isaiah 40:8, 55:1). Paul describes Scripture as "the oracles of God" (Romans 3:2).
Circual logic. My argument was clear that circular logic cannot be used since I have to accept the Bible is the word of God or the Christian God is true which I haven't therefore circual logic does not work.

anti-Christian emperors to godless Communist
Still does not prove to be the word the God. If it was attacked by Jew's would it not be the word of God? No therefore this is also not an argument. I highly doubt there were Godless.

Christians who wouldn't forswear it have been persecuted and martyred throughout the ages.
A lot of people have been persecuted so I don't see how this is a point. You have made an argument for other religions to be true if you only require to be persecuted or martyed.

Roman emperor Diocletian outlawed the Bible and decreed that any Christian caught with one would be executed.
If Islam was the main religion there then you would be giving an argument for Islam. This is also not an argument since emperors want control and want to stop anything stopping their control of an area.

Maximian issued an edict that all Christian churches were to be destroyed and all copies of the Bible were to be burned.
I am guessing it is not indestructible then.

And as a result was tried, Sentenced, And executed within days. This martyrdom continued into the modern era, With particularly severe punishments meted out for Bible possession throughout much of the Islamic world.
Still not an argument for Bible being the word of God. Being a martyr does not make what you died for true.

The Baptist Ioan Clipa was repeatedly arrested by the secret police for distributing Bibles. He suffered a nervous breakdown and eventually committed suicide.
Or maybe he realised why would God punish me for distributing books and then had a thought maybe God does not love us and his life was ruined which he eventually committed suicide. My theory holds as much weight as your since both of ours are theories. Still not an argument for Bible being the word of God.

"Pile them, If you will, On the left side of your study table; but place your own Holy Bible on the right side-all by itself, All alone-and with a wide gap between them. For. . . There is a gulf between it and the so called sacred books of the East which serves the one from the other utterly, Hopelessly and forever. . . A veritable gulf which cannot be bridged over by any science of religious thought. "
Still not a point.

As archaeological finds have verified names, Places, And events described in the Bible and as its prophecies have been fulfilled
Proof? I can say the sun will rise the next day. I predicted the sun rising am I the word of God now? That is your logic.

They reject the Bible's account of miracles not because the eyewitness accounts are unreliable
Those are the reasons.

But because they believe miracles are impossible
Outstanding claims require outstanding evidence. Science questions not assume they are right. The evidence of these miracles are bad.

But you'll have a lot of explaining to do.
No you would have to explain why you believe this to be the word of God. Prophecies, Testimonies and belief is what you boil it down to. I am simply saying there is not enough right evidence for it to be the case. Evidence are basically facts. It is not a fact the Bible is the word of God therefore the burden is on you to prove it to be the case. I boiled the best of your arguments and I would say they are insufficient evidence.

People have long believed in the divine inspiration and authority of the Bible
Argumentum ad populum. Not an argument.

The Bible maintains a unified, Continuous message across its sixty-six books
You say it as though I know what you talking about this continuous message on the off chance I do not know what the message is you have not told me what that is later on. A claim with no evidence or explanation.

If you read it enough you can't help but notice it has the same voice of authority throughout.
I hear a voice of authority when reading a book. That does mean it is the word of God? No therefore this is also not an argument.

I'm not saying each book has a similar style or that the authorial "voice" of each biblical writer is identical
Same voice is another way of saying it is identical.

There is a distinct voice behind the voice.
You are reading a book not being told it by someone therefore the voice in your head is a voice in your head. Nothing more nothing less.

In my own reading of the Bible
Everything in this paragraph is subjective therefore it can be used to show whether or not the Bible is the word of God. Apart from the quote which still does not state Christianity to be the right religion.

It would be nearly impossible to pull off.
No it wasn't because Islam and Judaism have been along for that time so it isn't a point.

divine conspiracy
Okay I require evidence since I don't believe this conspiracy to be true.

Dr. Walter Elwell
You have used many arguments from authority. I didn't do that because I kept to the arguments instead of believing a person to be right. It is more important about the ideas someone has then who said it.

The Bible is a unique phenomenon
Islam and Judaism and examples to show it is not that unique.

What a dreadful muddle it would all be if there was no central controlling influence
That is what he thinks. You do not require God to go the toilet, Eat, Sleep, Talk and many other things so why does it have to be a God at the beginning of universe? Since you cannot give me evidence for the Bible being the word of God.

Please don't. Most of what was filler and I boiled you arguments down in an above rebuttal. There were 3 and even they were not evidence for the Bible being the word of God so I don't see how carrying writing paragraphs when the arguments you have made were insufficient in stating the Bible being the word of God.

Just because you don't like how God views homosexuality is your problem not His.
Oh, So when I see religious folk looking down on people for being born differently I should let it slide. Gay is not a choice therefore assuming your God to be true has allowed them to exist even though God forbids them to be gay. How is that fair? It is not therefore God is not just for creating people different and not allowing them to express it without religious folk having an issue with it. This should prove your God to be wrong. What does It have against homosexuals?

Is adultery/polygamy "natural"?
What? You are equating an immoral act with sex with two of the same sex. There is a difference. One is against a marriage bond and another is two consenting adults engaging in sexual intercourse. Not an argument.

Or for that matter, Is murder natural? Is theft natural? All these behaviors are common among animals, And so in some sense, Are "natural. "
No one is born a thief or murderer. What you like in a partner is affected by the genes you were given. Meaning homosexuals are natural since they were born that way.

Humans dwell in natural bodies that are predisposed to sin because of the Curse. So many people could attempt to justify sin by claiming that it"s "only natural. "
Assume this is true still does not give an argument for why homosexuality is a bad thing.

Why not be cannibalistic? Praying mantises are, After all! Even ignoring the animal kingdom and focusing on humans, We see that humans are prone to many behaviors-murder,
Praying mantis if I assume your God to be true created them as when the male has done its part creating offspring the female eats the male. Sorry but if God was real you would say God created them this way. I would say it is evolution. They either lack the food to live without consuming partner or another reason which I cannot think of.

So simply showing a behavior to be natural is not the same as showing it to be right.
Being gay is not a behavior. So you are saying being straight is also a behavior. Try being gay and tell me how that works out for you.

If all nature is random
Evolution not random.

But if humans were created in the image of God, Separate from animals
Guessing my assumption is true assuming your God exists for some reason only really cares about us. Why? Maybe it is because we are the most developed. How is that fair since other animals we not given the same time and chances to be as developed? God cannot answer since God is discriminating base of species and does not care about male praying mantis as if they can develop reason to go against God.

From what I read you did not sufficiently prove me wrong. I found your statements appeal to many fallacies and others do not logically follow. Being gay is not a behaviour. If it is then straights can choose to be gay but they don't want to. Which is not true and you have not given reasons for homosexuality to be wrong since you moved away from it and talked about what is natural which even then still you did not make a valid point.

jrardin12

Pro

Good thing this is only round one. You ask me for proof at the beginning and then at the end you already tell me you won't believe it anyway even after I told you there is more to come. Therefore you are not open-minded. I mean, I was only on the intro, That is why I have this listed as Part 1. I have a lot of proof, But it takes a while. Most of what you said I have not explained yet. And yes, We will get to science. As the old saying goes, Hold your pants on. Also please read first the whole thing and then pick it apart. Get the context first. If that is what you are doing, Thanks.
I also want to add that Christianity compliments Judaism and actually is Jewish. They go hand in hand. In fact the Old Testament is part of the Bible. As far as Islam, Even Muhammed said that the Bible was the Word of God and he borrowed heavily from it.
Let us, For now drop the subject of slavery and sodomy and I will get to that after the Bible, Because this round thing does not let me put as much down as I want. Let us for now concentrate on the Bible being God's Word.

Now back to the Bible.
Unity in Diversity
Granted, There is plenty of diversity amidst all the unity, But in my view, This only adds to the book's credibility, Just as the variances in the gospels suggest those accounts were not the product of a neatly crafted human conspiracy. As H. H. Rowley wrote in 1923, "It is unnecessary to close our eyes to the diversity in order to insist on the unity or to close our eyes to the unity in order to insist on the diversity. " Indeed he admonishes, "It is important to remember the diversity. " As for the unity, "It is not a static unity, But the dynamic unity of a process (of progressive revelation)"
Progressive revelation is a key concept here. Some humanists tend to see humanity moving toward enlightenment or possibly even perfection. But this is at odds with the biblical worldview. When we speak of progressive revelation to describe the unfolding of God's Word, We do not mean to suggest that man's spiritual development has increased over time or that human's are spiritually evolving to greater heights. "There is no automatic spiritual growth of mankind, And the Bible nowhere tells us the story of such a growth, " notes H. H. Rowley. "It does not tell how men by the exercise of their minds wrested the secrets of life and the universe of a reluctant Unknown, But how God laid hold of them and revealed Himself through them. If there is any truth in this, Then a unity of the Bible is to be expected. If God was revealing Himself, Then there should be some unity in the revelation. Since it was the same Being Who was being revealed. "
But there was still diversity, Says Rowley, Because God revealed Himself to men of "limited spiritual capacity and could only reveal to each what he was capable of receiving. " Rowley argues that because God choose to reveal Himself through imperfect men, He was limited by the capacity He chose. The diversity in Scripture is not surprising, But inevitable. "It does not spring from any variation in God, " Rowley claims, "but from the variety of the levels of the persons whom He used. " Then he gives us a zinger: "That is why the full revelation in human personality required the Incarnation. "
This is a perfect example of why I read theologians and pastors from past centuries: they often provide unique insights into God's timeless message. Rowley is saying there is yet another marvelous aspect of Christ's incarnation(beyond the glorious salvation of mankind and the elevation of humanity) that we might not have considered. His previous revelations through man resulted in variations of the message because the human beings delivering the message on God's behalf were all different and unique. This had its advantages, Because this diversity of similar messages makes the point in a variety of ways and thus enhances our understanding. But in His final revelation through a human medium, He has given us a perfect, Unchangeable medium-Jesus Christ- to deliver the perfect message. With the variety of writers in the Bible and the OneGod/Man in the incarnation, We have the best of all worlds, As recipients of God's revelation to us.

Reading For The Big Picture

Paul emphasizes the importance of understanding and clearly communicating the unity of the biblical message. "If the trumpet does not sound a clear call, Who will get ready for battle? " he asks the Corinthians. "Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, How will anyone know what you are saying? " (1Cor. 14:8-9).
This theme is explored by pastor and author John Piper. In his foreword to Daniel Fuller's Thu Unity of the Bible, Piper describes his elation upon discovering the profound unity of the Bible, As expounded in Fuller's book. No book besides the Bible, Writes Piper, Has had a greater impact on his life. When he read it, "Everything began to change. " Witness Piper's awe as he begins to discern the Bible's grand picture:

The hollowing of God's name (Matthew 6:9) flamed up as the center of my prayers. God's passion for his glory (Isaiah 48:9-11) stopped seeming selfish and became the very fountain of grace that flings all wonders of love into being. God's law stopped being at odds with the gospel. It stopped being a job description of earning wages under a so-called covenant of works (which I never could find in the Bible) and became a precious doctor's prescription that flows from faith in the divine Physician (Romans 9:32). God's commitment to work with omnipotent power for those who wait for him (Isaiah 64:4) became my main weapon against worry. The discovery that "God is not served by human hands as though he needed anything" (Acts 17:25) stunned me with the thought the apex of God's glory is not in being served but inserving (1 Peter 4:11). It has never ceased to be breathtaking that the God who made the galaxies is pursuing me with goodness and mercy all the days of my life (Psalm 23:36)-that he rejoices in doing me good with all his heart and with all his soul (Jeremiah 32:41).

I have heightened my own awareness of the Bible's big picture by reading it, Or certain books of it, At an accelerated pace. Instead of reading the Bible in a year, I once read it in two months. If you read a book of the Bible in a day or two, You will see the continuity of its themes in a way you haven't noticed before. Slow, Thoughtful reading and meditation are also important, Of course. But I've found that if you read the Bible or segments of it quickly, It will clearly show you how things connect, Open your eyes to things you might not have noticed before, And enhance your overall understanding. It's an invaluable exercise.

Next I will talk about how the Bible's unity is unlike the important books of other religions. I do want to address some things from what you said above.

indestructible
It is very indestructible. After 4, 000 years and you can buy it in a bookstore.

godless Communist
They have all been atheists.

Actually it is not. I know about it. You cannot know for you are not a child of God. But His sheep hear His voice. My calling in life is from God.

What you like in a partner is affected by the genes you were given. Meaning homosexuals are natural since they were born that way.
Please tell me how this works. I say it is a choice, Not natural.

Praying mantis if I assume your God to be true created them as when the male has done its part creating offspring the female eats the male. Sorry but if God was real you would say God created them this way.
Actually I wouldn't say God created them that way. God created them perfect and before the Curse they did not eat each other, But when sin entered the world then everything became corrupted.
omar2345

Con

Therefore you are not open-minded. I mean,
You assumed that. I knew there was going to be a follow up so that you can think about showing proof. Even if I am not open minded if Christianity was true it would still be true but I hardly think that would be the case with your arguments.

I also want to add that Christianity compliments Judaism and actually is Jewish.
? Only of these Religions can be right. It does not matter if they compliment each other.

As far as Islam, Even Muhammed said that the Bible was the Word of God and he borrowed heavily from it.
You did say you had evidence. Have any? Since I am not believing this to be true.

for now drop the subject of slavery and sodomy and I will get to that after the Bible
Why? Because you cannot defend it.

As H. H. Rowley wrote in 1923
Argument from authority.

Everything above this was filler and did not state why Christianity is the right religion. I did say I do not want filler but you decided add it anyway.
This is a perfect example of why I read theologians and pastors from past centuries
Subjective

they often provide unique insights into God's timeless message.
Does not mean God's exist or Christianities message is right. I am getting the feeling these are not your arguments. Most of this comes down to others making points for you. Even though you are using authority figures you are still using bad examples.

Everything above this was also filler. I don't know what you are doing but I know you are not stating whether or not Christianity is the right religion.
Reading For The Big Picture

Paul
Argument from authority. I mentioned it above as well what I forgot to add was you provided no claim of your own, Did not explain it either so you expect me to understand what they are saying without explanation.

Everything between this still does not say Christianity is the right religion. I said do not use circular reasoning but you are still using it.
I have heightened my own awareness of the Bible's big picture by reading it, Or certain books of it, At an accelerated pace.
Subjective.

Finally something that I can work with. When I said subjective I meant it is was true to you only and if Christianity is right it is not subjective.

After 4, 000 years and you can buy it in a bookstore.
When does a length of a book mean it is right. It doesn't by the way. Therefore this is also not a point and Bible is not indestructible.

They have all been atheists.
So what? What does got to do with their actions? Besides this is not even a point either. Stalin was God-like in Russia. Even though he might not be God everyone there followed him as their God or was punished like your supposed God. So even though you might say they have no God Stalin was God-like to the people that were living under his regime.

So is this supposed to be a rebuttal? It isn't. You provided a claim with no evidence or explanation. Know requires knowledge. You do not have the knowledge therefore you are lying. If you think you are not lying where is your evidence to back up your claim?

I said genes. If you want me to tailor this to you then I am assuming you like women and are a man. Do you know that feeling that you have when someone who you like is around you? Homosexuals have that with men. Meaning if your God does exist programmed to feel that way and tell to not feed into it. To that I say God is not fair. God created homosexuals like this and thinks they would not follow their programmed temptations. God does not have a problem when a man and a women are married but does have problem with a homosexual marriage. God has a double standard. I said this before Try being gay and tell me how that works out for you. This still stands since I am sure you will not get the same feeling that you have with women that you have with men. Therefore God is not fair.

Praying mantis has not the same level of intelligence and still punishes them. That is not fair since you do say your God is just. Your God is not just with praying mantises. Sin entered and mantises should be punished? That is not fair so that goes against a just God and merciful.

Basically nothing that you said states that Christianity is the right religion. I don't see why you didn't forfeit since the same thing would have happened. You giving no point point instead gave me filler.
jrardin12

Pro

Unlike the holy books of other religions, Writes James Orr, The Bible is not "a miscellany of disjointed pieces. , Out of which it is impossible to extract any order, Progress or arrangement. " The Zoroastrian and Buddhist scriptures as well as the Koran, Says Or, "are equally destitute of beginning, Middle or end. They are for the most part, Collections of heterogeneous materials, Loosely placed together. " This contrasts with the Bible, Which "is not a collection of fragments, But has. . . An organic character. " It is one connected story "from beginning to end; we see something growing before our eyes; there is a plan, Purpose, Progress; the end folds back on the beginning, And, When the whole is finished, We feel that here again, As in the primal creation, God has finished all his works, And behold, They are very good. "
It's worth noting that God didn't just speak the Bible through His human agents; He choreographed world events that would make their way into the Testaments. He's not a divine historian, He's the History Maker, The divine author of Life who created us, Made us a part of His story and superintends history from its beginning to its triumphant conclusion. Many biblical stories weren't history when they were written; they were prophecies that became history after they came true. Of course, The Bible doesn't purport to be a comprehensive history, Only a salvation history-a history concerning the grand sweep of man's redemption and salvation.
It is also much more than a book of salvation history. It is a special message from God to us revealing Who He is and His desire that we have a relationship with Him. It is a manual for how we should acquire wisdom, Live moral lives, And love God and one another above all.
But much of the Bible's life instruction is presented in the context of orderly historical events, Including David's cries to God in the Psalms, Solomon's wisdom in Proverbs, And Jesus' teachings in the gospels. We learn God's teaching in the historical context of the lives of others, Especially the nation of Israel, And in our own lives as we interact with Him through prayer and through reading, Studying, And meditating on His Word.
It is breathtaking to contemplate God's majesty in arranging events to play out exactly as He prescribed, In His sovereignty, Yet preserving our free will. It is awe-inspiring to consider that He tells our redemptive story, Teaches us about His nature, Shows us how to approach Him, And instructs us how to live, Through so many different people in so many different times and in so many different cultures and environments.
While it is doubtful that some of these writers, Especially the Old Testament ones, Were fully aware, If aware at all, As to how their contribution to revealed Scripture would relate to the whole, Paul and other New Testament writers do seem to be aware of the unity of their message. This, In turn, Should enhance our appreciation for the organic unity of the Bible as a whole. For example, Paul tells the Ephesian church elders, "I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole [purpose] of God" (Acts 20:27). "By whole purpose of God, " says Daniel Fuller, Paul means that he has taught God's entire message. "Since Paul summarized his message as the whole purpose of God, It is clear that he regarded it as a unity. "
Paul underscores the unity of God's Word in a slightly different way in Acts 13:36, When he declares, "David has served God's purpose in his own generation. " That is, David, In his time, Did what needed to be done toward fulfilling God's unfolding historical purpose, And by implication, So had others preceding David, And so would others in the future. Paul reinforces the notion of unity when he tells King Agrippa, "I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen" (Acts 26:22. Heere again, We see Paul's constant awareness of the progressive, Unified relation. According to Fuller, In Galatians 1:8 Paul further indicates that he and his New Testament co-authors are acting in concert to communicate a unified message and that they are aware they're in unison. "Even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preach to you, Let him be eternally condemned, " says Paul.
They not only know they are working together; they know they are doing so in obedience to higher authority and that disobedience would bring dire consequences. Jude, For his part, Affirms his participation in this conspiracy by writing, "The faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints" (Jude 1:3). In addition, At least some Old Testament figures and writers, Especially the prophets, Reveal their awareness that they and Israel were chosen as participants in God's plan. God directly tells Abram (who would become Abraham) that He is calling him out and that He will make a great nation out of him (Gen. 12:1-3). Likewise, The prophet Amos reports that God had told him, "You only [Israel] have I chosen of all the families of the earth" (Amos 3:2). If anything the existence of Israel is good proof that there is a God.

Next we will see the unity of the Testaments.

Only of these Religions can be right. It does not matter if they compliment each other.
The Judaism of today is not the same as that of the Old Testament. The Old Testament pointed to Jesus, Which the Jews reject. They base their salvation in their works (which goes against Old Testament teaching) instead of a blood sacrifice by a spotless lamb.

The Quran says that the books of Moses, The Psalms, And the gospel were all given by God.
Torah - "We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers, " (Sura 2:87). 1
Psalms - "We have sent thee inspiration, As We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, To Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, And Solomon, And to David We gave the Psalms, " (4:163).
Gospel - "It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), In truth, The Book, Confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, As a guide to mankind, And He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong), " (3:3).
Also, "And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, Confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, And confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah, " (5:46).

Why? Because you cannot defend it.
Oh, I don't need to defend it because they are both wrong, I just don't have the space to talk about it, But I promise you, Once we finish with the Bible we will get into it.

The Bible is not indestructible.
Then why is it still around?

The problem isn't God, God made everything perfect. Man is the one who brought sin into the world because of his pride in wanting to be like God.

I know you just want short answers, But Christianity is too deep to explain in a few sentences. I am not giving filler. You are missing what I am talking about. : the unity of the Bible. No book in the world has the unity of message as the Bible. Maybe you should reread.
omar2345

Con

This time I'll make it even more clear problems with Pro's arguments.

Writes James Orr, The Bible is not "a miscellany of disjointed pieces. , Out of which it is impossible to extract any order, Progress or arrangement. "
Argument of authority. I am having a debate with you not authority figures that you quote. This argument is still not right if I accept it as your argument. Reason is Saudi Arabia is an example of an ordered Monarchy. Another example is Israel which is also an ordered Monarchy. Two examples is enough to state no Christianity is not the only Religion that can make an ordered society.

"is not a collection of fragments, But has. . . An organic character. "
Is this a figure of speech? If organic you mean a telling of Jesus. Well the Torah is the telling of Jewish people and the Koran is the telling of Muslim people. It is organic if I take you literally. If not literally then am I supposed to know the figure of speech? Another argument from authority.

"from beginning to end; we see something growing before our eyes; there is a plan, Purpose, Progress; the end folds back on the beginning, And, When the whole is finished, We feel that here again, As in the primal creation, God has finished all his works, And behold, They are very good. "
I don't see how this is valid. Saudi and Israel have made ordered societies with their Religion. Israel planned to take Palestine. Their purpose is to reclaim their holy land. The progress is they are waiting for something to happen in Jerusalem. Something Religious which is why they took the land in the first place. They are not very good by the way. People are born with birth defects, Genetic disabilities, Cancer. If it was very good why are humans so bad? Another argument from authority.

Burden of proof. I guess Pro would point to the Bible which I say to that circular logic. This is still not an argument since all I can see is preaching. No claim was made apart from God didn't just write the Bible God also choreographed it. You still have not given me evidence for the Bible yet you have moved passed that point as if you have rebutted.

That is your opinion. God never specifically said what the Bible was apart from the word of God. By you saying it is a book of salvation is an assumption with no evidence. Special message can be counted as the word of God. This was mainly making the same point just extended using different words. I rebutted one claim and the others are just extended of the claim you already made.

A claim with no evidence or explanation. If it was ordered into historical events surely you can point to an example.

Again a claim with no evidence or explanation.

Paul and other New Testament writers do seem to be aware of the unity of their message. This, In turn, Should enhance our appreciation for the organic unity of the Bible as a whole. For example, Paul tells the Ephesian church elders, "I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole [purpose] of God" (Acts 20:27). "By whole purpose of God, " says Daniel Fuller, Paul means that he has taught God's entire message. "Since Paul summarized his message as the whole purpose of God, It is clear that he regarded it as a unity. "
Seem is not fact therefore another assumption. At least you tried to give evidence this time. I said no circular logic so I do not consider it evidence if you haven't told me why it is evidence. Claim was an assumption. Evidence is circular. Explanation is an argument from authority. This can also be used up until when you say Next we will see the unity of the Testaments. since the same arguments were made but just in a different context.

From what I see Jewish people have stuck the Old Testament whereas Christianity has created the New Testament. Judaism is still following the Old Testament whereas Christianity is following the new one. Does seem like Christianity has betrayed the Old Testament by following the new one.

If I don't accept circular logic from Christianity. Why would I accept it from other Religions?

Why? Because you cannot defend it.
So am I supposed to believe you on faith? They are both wrong is not an argument. You have not made a claim, Provided evidence and explained it which means you are wrong. You had the space to add many arguments from authority, Circular logic and assumptions?

The Bible is not indestructible.
Then why is it still around?
indestructible: not able to be destroyed. (Google: Indestructible define)
The question is not why how, Because when the Bible does get destroyed Christians make new ones. The Bible is not indestructible Christians make news one when they are destroyed. When the Bible is created again it does not mean it is indestructible. By that logic a bomb is indestructible. Bombers can make news one to replace the destroyed bombs. See how bad your logic is?

The problem isn't God
even though God created humans. God is all-knowing so God knew they would bring sin. God is all-loving even though God allows male praying mantises to be eaten by the female. By that logic a human is all-loving. A human watches by while a great ape eats its own kind. That example if ever happened by your logic humans are also all-loving. By your logic of God being perfect humans are also perfect. Even though humans knew full well testing on animals would result in bad effects on the animal. Humans are still perfect.
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=al-f_WWoHI4

Christianity is not deep. You are making it lengthy. If something takes too long to explains odds are it is wrong. Unity? Middle East is unified with Islam. Israel is unified with the Torah. India is unified with Hinduism. Islam is more unified in Saudi Arabia than Christianity in the United States. Almost every single person in Saudi is a Muslim whereas in the United States it isn't. Doesn't matter about the unity message if practically it doesn't unify.

jrardin12

Pro

We are either talking past each other or you are ignoring what I am saying. I am not saying that Christianity is more unified than Islam, I am saying the Bible is has more unity than any other religious books. I believe you need to read from the top again. This whole time I have only been talking about the Bible's unity.

Let me begin to show you what I mean by the unity of the Bible's message of salvation and Christ from the Old Testament to the New Testament.
Related to my reverence for the unity of Scripture, I have long been enamored with the speeches of the saints recorded in the Book of Acts. Chapter 7 provides the longest of the speeches, That of Stephen, Who gives a history lesson on Israel and thereby points to the centrality of Scripture. In his speech he affirms his belief that the recorded events of the Old Testament are actual history. He reminds his audience that the "God of glory" appeared to our father Abraham. He reviews God's directives to Abraham to leave Mesopotamia and "go into the land that I will show you, " and explains that Abraham first went to Haran and then on to Canaan after his father died. He reiterates God's promise of the land to Abraham and his descendants, Even though he had no children at the time. He reviews God telling Abraham that his offspring would be wanderers in a land controlled by people who would enslave them for four hundred years, After which God would judge those slave masters. Stephen then gives a brief history of the patriarchs, The covenant of Circumcision, And the story of Joseph, Whom God saved despite his being betrayed by his brothers.
He continues rehearsing the history through the birth of Moses and his assumption of leadership of the nation of Israel, His leading the Israelites out of Egypt and his "performing wonders and signs, " and the people's grumbling, Groaning, And idolatry. He continues all the way through Israel's dispossession of the Canaanites and assumption of control of the promised land. He closes by condemning the people as "stiffnecked" and "uncircumcised in heart and ears, " and as those who "always resist the Holy Spirit, " as their fathers had. Just as Jesus had been punished for asserting the truth, The crowds cast Stephen out of the city and stone him to death. Just as Jesus commended Himself to the Father, Stephen calls out to Jesus, "Receive my spirit. " And just as Jesus exhorted the Father to forgive His persecutors, Stephen asks Jesus, "Lord, Do not hold this sin against them. "
Stephen is not only emulating his Lord and Saviour; he is not merely reciting Hebrew history for the sake of it; he is instructing his people on how essential their role is in God's plan. He explains that they are making the same mistake over and over again-rejecting and disobeying God. He is giving them a lesson in human history as a backdrop for the larger lesson of salvation history, Which began some two thousand years earlier and was continuing into the present.
Part of that lesson is that God was in charge in the past, Despite the people's disobedience. He retained Moses as the people's leader even though they rejected him ("Who made you ruler and judge") (Acts 7:35). And God is still in control in Stephen's time, As evidenced by Christ's conquering of death despite the people's rejection of Him. So Stephen is summarizing this history with the people who are every bit as intimately familiar with it as he is, Because he wants to demonstrate to them that these stories are a prefiguring of what they are going through. Moses was a type of Christ, And the people in Moses' time were essentially the same as the people now. Martin Lloyd-Jones explains further:

Follow the parallel. When Moses was sent to Egypt, He had a great struggle: He struggled with Pharaoh and his hosts and powers. And it was precisely the same with the Son of God when He came into the world. . . . Look at the world into which He came, A world that never understood Him, A world that was utterly opposed to Him. The whole organization of this world is against God, It is against Christ, And it is against each one of us. Look at it in its newspapers and in its films; look at it on the television; look at it in everything that is regarded as wonderful today. The Son of God came into a world like that. The whole mind and outlook of the world was the exact opposite of everything that He was and everything that He stood for.

Moses liberated the people in his time-over their strenuous objections when they initially refused the command to go forward into the sea, But couldn't go back because pharaoh was on their tail. And Jesus was liberating them now. In the end, Stiff-necked people were utterly powerless to defeat God's pre-ordained deliverance. "He was rejected by the world, Just as He was rejected by members of the Sanhedrin, " says Lloyd-Jones. "But here is the message: in spite of man's rejection of Him, He is God's own appointed Savior. "
We, See, Then, In Stephen's recapitulation of Old Testament history, God's guiding hand moving world events according to His sovereign story line. We witness Stephen pleading with his people to wake up and realize they are the characters in this divine story, This unified story that is headed toward its conclusion despite any of them, Or any of us, Do or say about it. It was a wake-up call, And the people failed to heed it.

From what I see Jewish people have stuck the Old Testament.
This shows your lack of knowledge of what the Old Testament requires, A blood sacrifice once a year for the forgiveness of sin. The Jews today do not practice this command.

I gave you evidence of Muhammad saying that the Bible is the Word of God. So Christianity, Judaism and Islam say that the Scriptures are the Word of God.

Let me put it to you like this:God's Word is indestructible. The bomb, Though is totally new, God's Word is not. Its message stays the same and the words stay the same.

The problem isn't God even though God created humans.
God created humans to have fellowship with Him. The humans were perfect, But they decided to break God's command to not eat of a certain tree. They saw the tree and coveted it and wanting to be like God they ate of it.
omar2345

Con

Pro does not understand for Christianity to be the right Religion it would have to be correct while others are false. The reason why Pro does not like me bringing other Religions in is that it proves his claims wrong. If I only need to change the word Christianity to Islam or Judaism and that Religion would still be correct means his arguments are bad.

This whole time I have only been talking about the Bible's unity.
For the Bible to be correct it must be correct from the other Religions. You still have not showed me why Christianity is the right Religion.

I missed out your claims since you did not accept what I said in Round 1. I did not want circular reasoning. Besides my arguments in earlier Rounds can be used here just in a different context.

Do you follow everything in the Bible? I highly doubt it. No evidence has been given to this claim about Jews not doing it so I would say Jews do commit blood sacrifices.

Evidence required a link of some sort not your word. If I thought your word was enough evidence I wouldn't be asking you for evidence.

I have clearly laid out why the Bible is not indestructible in the previous Round. Whether it be new or not does not factor in it being indestructible for that reason Pro did not provide a claim against my point.

Still have not told me how the Bible is the right Religion so I am left with either basing your claim on faith or do as I did in the earlier Rounds not accept your claim since I must first accept the Bible to be true for this to be correct.

Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@jackgilbert

That is on dsjpk5.
Not my fault he does not provide sufficient reason for his vote and what he votes for is more then what he actually says. When he tries to counter backwardseden vote instead of 5 points he gives you 7 points which is more then a counter.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
The voting period isn't even a real voting period anymore. It's just a place where people try to get even with each other.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@FrizzyHairInc

Yes Bill Maher.
Posted by FrizzyHairInc 3 years ago
FrizzyHairInc
I guess jrardin12 is cool with slavery, Stoning non virgins, , Stoning disobedient teenagers, And is anti women's rights, Is anti masturbation, Against eating pork, Against tattoos, Against getting remarried, Against football, Oh and is against divorcing in all scenarios even if your partner cheats on you and abuses you.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Correction

Everything in this paragraph is subjective therefore it can be used to show whether or not the Bible is the word of God.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
You have a life. . Then you die.
Posted by jrardin12 3 years ago
jrardin12
Besides you are a smart person to debate. I hate getting fools. I also think that you might not fully understand Christianity besides the Catholic Church.
Posted by jrardin12 3 years ago
jrardin12
I saw you challenge IsaiahWood. So I decided to step in.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Why did you ask me for a debate?
Vote Placed by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
jrardin12omar2345Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Harry Poopins dsjpk5 using his granny farts to help decide how to vote improperly because he has a yodeling grunge country opera snag in his cabbage batbrain doesn't pay attention to the arguments and ruins people's debates as he's ruined mine by voting wrongly in at least 50 of my debates.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
jrardin12omar2345Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Omar has challenged me to a vote off, apparently. If at any time he wishes this to stop, he should let me know
Vote Placed by Hello83433 3 years ago
Hello83433
jrardin12omar2345Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro left no links and used many ad arguments, which are very weak. Most of what he said read as opinion rather than fact and he was inadequate with his rebuttals to con, especially on the point that if the Bible is word of god and Christianity is right, then pro MUST agree with everything the Bible says. Though both sides arguments began to weaken as the debate went on, cons remained stronger and I?m sure if this debate was made to go on for more rounds, we would be riding a carousel.