CarlosMarques
LucciDamus

Christianity is the religion of the ignorants and ignorance

CarlosMarques has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

CarlosMarques

Pro

Just counter argue against my first statement please
LucciDamus

Con

I argue that in order to be the religion of ignorance, It most have the most ignorant followers. Which means Christianity is not the religion in question for 3 reasons.

1: even though it has lack of scientific or historical evidence to back up its claims, Its practices are actually of the most tolerant compared to other religions. Especially when it comes to homosexuality, Voilence, Judging and peace. Leading to #2

2: there are far more religions that are more ignorant than christians. Like the ones who believe in the old testament or mislims for example, A religion soley based on isolation from outsode influences. Respectable, But by your definition it is mpre ignorant than christianity.

3. I argue that the 2 points liared are debatable as well as your question, But can we define ignorant for the sake of your argument? Im assuming ignorant means lack of outside influence or thought. Meaning solely convinced based on faith and little to no evidence.
CarlosMarques

Pro

I'll start by defining ignorance as you asked. In this argument I'll consider ignorance the lack of knowledge.
First of all, I call christians ignorants because most of them (at least the ones I know) don't even know what their religion stands for and what the bible really says (machism, Homophobia, Etc) and I didn't really understan why you call it a tolerant religion, They may not or seem to not act like it but racism, Homophobia it's what they preach or at least used too because they change what they "believe" in according to their needs.
Second, I call it religion of ignorance because that's what they stand for, Ingorance among their followers an they call it faith. Thay just want everyone to trust blindly in whatever they say they don't incite questions comparing to other religions like budism
LucciDamus

Con

Good points to make.

I argue, That christians being ignorant does not prove it to be the religion if ignorance because based on your rules muslims are even more ignorant.

I go further to say at some times atheist prove to be quite ignorant to deny themselves as part of being religion. The existence of a creator is neither proven wrong nor right. So to say not believing in a creator is not religion or tp say atheism is not a religion is ignoring the fact that atheism is a belief.

It is based more logic but it still falls under faith. At least muslims and christians admit to having a faith, Atheist deny that saying a creator does not exist is in fact a faith because that statement can not be proven. Only debated.

I classify as spiritual. Not under any religion but accepts the fact there could be a higher power and if so i would not in life be able to understand it.
Posted by BaphometSgl 3 years ago
BaphometSgl
You can go Atheist-Agnostic Until you have real Evidence that proves the existance of anny god, You dont have to accept enything without Evidence
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
Hmm. . . How ignorant do you think I am on a scale from 1-10?
I'm curious.

Note: I'm 16 and I am a Christian-agnostic