wmickas
Moelogy

Christianity vs Islam

wmickas has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

wmickas

Pro

Muslims and Christians agree on several topics. Namely, we agree that God exists. We also agree on several social issues going on today. Here is where we disagree on. We disagree with Muhammad is a prophet, deity of Christ and the trinity. My opponent and I will discuss these topics. I hope this will be a fruitful dialogue. I will allow my opponent to give his case on why Islam is correct on these topics.
Moelogy

Con

I agree to this debate. However, it should be noted that despite I am Certain about the existence of the Abrahamic God (since there are tons of argument and scientific evidence exclusively for him), I am still deciding on which of the three religions I should choose even though Sikhism is also within the range of the possibilities since their concept of God is not too far off. I will be defending Islam and I would appreciate it if Pro could discuss the evidence for the reliability of the new testament and the evidence for the ressurection of Christ.

Since Pro does not establish a framework, I will create one :

Round one : acceptance

R2: arguments

R3 : Rebuttals / argument s

R4: Rebuttals

R5: Rebuttals

Rules :

- No forfeits
- No semantics
- No trolling

BOP will be shared by both

I hand back to Pro who should provide his evidence and arguments for Christianity maintaining with the established framework.

Happy debating.

Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
And The Oscar goes to ...For best manuscript..
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
There is no science of religion...........................
"since there are tons of argument and scientific evidence exclusively for him"

Religion will denounce science when it disagrees with its superstitious claims, but then uses science to prove its superstitious claims, you cant have it both ways. Science never uses religion to prove anything. Religious faith is both arrogant and ignorant. Because of it's certenty
Far from being arrogant the scientific method is one of humility. It acknowledges the limits of our current knowledge. It doesn"t provide explanations or answers from a position of ignorance, but investigates the unknown in an attempt to reach understanding based on empirical evidence. Surely it is the superstitious or religious approach which claims to know the answers without any evidence except "faith" that is the arrogant approach.
Posted by wmickas 1 year ago
wmickas
ok noted for the future
Posted by JimShady 1 year ago
JimShady
I know that you are the Christian, but I would make it a little more clear, it's a little hard to tell.