wmickas
javaboy

Christianity vs Islam

wmickas has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

wmickas

Pro

Muslims and Christians agree on several topics. Namely, we agree that God exists. We also agree on several social issues going on today. Here is where we disagree on. We disagree with Muhammad is a prophet, deity of Christ and the trinity. My opponent and I will discuss these topics. I hope this will be a fruitful dialogue. I will allow my opponent to give his case on why Islam is correct on these topics.
javaboy

Con

since the opponent stated what he disagrees on, i'd like to state my arguments on what i disagrees or as a muslim don't believe, we don't believe that Jesus or Isa ibn Maryam is the son of God, and that Jesus is not the one who got crucified, but another man by the name of Judas Iscariot, we believe that Allah change his face to look like Jesus so that he could get crucified because of his betrayal to Jesus and while he was crucified Jesus was then raised into heaven by Allah and will be coming back to this world in the end of the world or in other term "The Second Coming of jesus"
wmickas

Pro

Thank you to my opponent for his reply. I will respond point by point. I would first would like to point out that the issues that my opponent has brought up are the most important issues in the Christian vs Muslim debate. I will tell you my reasons for the importance of this. First, he denies the deity of Christ. In John 8:24 Jesus gives a warning that unless we believe that he is I AM we will die in our sins. He denies the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In 1 Corinthians 15:14, Paul says that if Jesus did not rise then our faith is in vain. If these two statements are correct, then Christianity is wrong from it's foundation. If these statements are incorrect, then the Qur'an which is the holy book of Islam is wrong and therefore Islam is false.
Surah 4:157 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.
Surah 9:30 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?
Surah 6:101 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
[He is] Originator of the heavens and the earth. How could He have a son when He does not have a companion and He created all things? And He is, of all things, Knowing.
Surah 19:88-93 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And they say, "The Most Merciful has taken [for Himself] a son."You have done an atrocious thing.The heavens almost rupture therefrom and the earth splits open and the mountains collapse in devastation That they attribute to the Most Merciful a son. And it is not appropriate for the Most Merciful that He should take a son. There is no one in the heavens and earth but that he comes to the Most Merciful as a servant.

As you can see, these topics is very important to Muslims. As a Christian, I will give my case for the deity of Christ and his crucifixion (and arguments against the substitution theory).

Deity of Christ: Since I as a Christian take the Bible as the authority on such matters, I have to examine what the Bible says on the subject. The Qur'an says it is the duty of the people of the gospel to judge by what Allah has revealed therein (Surah 5:47). In this debate I will follow the duty as given in the Qur'an and show you my conclusion. from the Bible, we learn that Jesus was worshiped and Jesus did not rebuke his worshipers (Matthew 2:11, Matthew 8:2, Matthew 28:9, Mark 16:1 and John 20:28-29). Second, Jesus himself claimed deity. Jesus describes himself as the son of man that will come in the clouds mentioned in Daniel 7:13-14 at his trial (Matthew 26:64 and Mark 14:62). He also quoted Psalms 110:1 in the previously mentioned verses and Luke 22:69. Jesus described himself as having power on earth to forgive sins (Matthew 9:6, Mark 2:10 and Luke 5:24). He also accepted worship as deity from Thomas when he saw that he was risen (John 20:28-29).Jesus makes I AM statements (compare Exodus 3:14) From these verses and many others, we can clearly see that the Christ teaches that he is indeed God in the flesh. Jesus confirmed his claim to be deity by dying on the cross and rising again the third day.

Crucifixion and resurrection: There are two popular theories Muslims have came up with to explain a way the crucifixion these are the substitution theory and the swoon theory. My opponent supports the substitution theory when he says that Judas was made to resemble Jesus and was crucified instead of Jesus. There are three problems I can think of off the top of my head and possibly many more. First, this has a devastating impact on Islam because the implication would be that Allah deceived the Jews in to thinking they killed Jesus and Christians into worshiping a crucified and risen savior and Allah started Christianity by mistake. Second, Jesus has prophesied his own death and described it as being similar to the crucifixion event. Was Jesus lying? (citations upon request) Lastly, there are many Old Testament prophecies of a messiah being rejected by his own people and killed in a way that resembles the crucifixion event. Is Judas the messiah? (citations upon request) These are questions we must ask those who believe in the substitution theory.

I now give my opponent the chance to respond.
javaboy

Con

I'm going to try my hardest to answer your argument as best as i could by using my perspective mixed with some Qur'an verses.
first of all, all the Qur'an verses you gave to me is basically denying that Jesus is God or the son of God and should be worship from the first place, from surah 19:88-98 is basically denying that Jesus is the son of Allah and everyone who thinks so have done an atrocious thing. Also according to surah 3:59 "Indeed, the example of Jesus to Allah is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, "Be," and he was." this means that anything is happening according to Allah's will, even the creation of Jesus that came from a virgin woman which is the Virgin Mary, and if you ask "why" some things can't be explained with logic since how powerful and almighty Allah is
Also Allah did not "accidentally" created Christianity, we believe that all holy books before Qur'an that was given to all previous prophets like : Torah to prophet Moses and Zabur to prophet David, and even Injil or Gospel that was given to prophet Jesus, it's all about worshiping Allah, but over the time, we belive that all of those holy books got corrupted but if we're only focusing on the Gospel that was given to Prophet Jesus, the evidence that it got changed so many times is : There are many versions of the bible and each of it content is different i believe. we believe that the the bible that is the closest to the original version is Barnabas Bible.

Those are my arguments, i hope you could consider it
I'll now give you a chance to give your opinions
Posted by wmickas 1 year ago
wmickas
Christian
Posted by MakeDebatingGreatAgain 1 year ago
MakeDebatingGreatAgain
What side are you even taking? Christian or Muslim?