killshot
KeedoTheSpeedo

Christian's Cannot Believe in Creationism and Evolution Simultaneously

killshot

Pro

Creationism and evolution are conflicting positions about reality. They cannot rationally and honestly be held simultaneously, And anyone who pretends to hold both views is either irrational, Uneducated or dishonest.
KeedoTheSpeedo

Con

Though the two subjects are very different they are not entirely conflicting. Evolution is defined as two key factors development and diversity. While the religion you specified (Christianisty) does not believe in the development of all creatures it does believe that we can naturally diversify. As stated in collosians 1:16-17 everything was created by god and for him therefore whatever continues to happen to that object or creature is natural cause. The statement you're making is irrational in its own, Saying that you cannot believe in both is wrong and small minded. If that statement were true than we would have no religous or Christian for this matter scientists or anyone educated at all, Because a person who believes in a higher being can also know that animals can adapt and evolve to meet the enviorment around thems requirements.
killshot

Pro

I respectfully and wholly disagree with your argument, And here is why.

Evolution does not deal with the initial aspects of life's origins, It simply focuses on how life changed after it was initially going (change in genetics over time). I think you and I agree on this.

You said, "The statement you're making is irrational in its own, Saying that you cannot believe in both is wrong and small minded"

The concept of creationism deals with individual "kinds", Or archetypes, Being created by God in about a weeks time. Each of these archetypes are the highest ancestral lineage for their kind and nothing beneath those kinds are back-traceable beyond their original archetype. From within those kinds, They further diversify genetically, But speciation never occurs (kinds do not create new kinds). I believe this is basically what you are saying Christians believe, Correct? If I'm wrong, Please correct me. If so, This is not evolution and it's entirely inconsistent with all available scientific evidence. The belief in creationism is irrational and small minded.

You said, " If that statement were true than we would have no religous or Christian for this matter scientists or anyone educated at all, Because a person who believes in a higher being can also know that animals can adapt and evolve to meet the enviorment around thems requirements. "

Anyone who believes these two beliefs are compatible are either ignorant or dishonest. This includes any scientist who wears their lab coat part time. I'll explain why. . .

Within evolution, A species phylogeny is traceable back through it's clades in a tree-like structure, Where common ancestors are evidently demonstrable through various forms of science including but not limited to genetics, Geology, Radio metric dating and morphology.

Whether you like it or not, You share DNA with a tree. Your genetics can be traced back throughout the figurative tree of life, And these phylogeny trees are available online for you to see. There is no "archetype" or "kinds" in which each clade descends from. This completely clashes with creationism and is why I insist it's impossible to honestly hold both views simultaneously. They are simply not in any way compatible.

Beyond genetics you have morphology which studies the structural changes of biology. This is demonstrable within clades (such as human ancestry), As well as between clades.

Beyond that you have geology where you find these fossils in a "chronological" order within the geo strata. You will never find a human fossil with a t-rex fossil, For example. All of the fossils line up perfectly with evolutionist's predictions.

Beyond that you have several forms of radio metric dating which accurately dates the geology and other things, Once again lining up with the evolutionist's predictions.

Beyond that you have demonstrable factual evidence, Produced in a lab, Of evolution in action. It has been studied, Documented, Verified and witnessed. It's fact, Biology changes over time. Over longer periods of time you'll see larger overall changes. This is the scientific consensus.

In order to disagree with any of this, You would have a mountain of science to disprove. All these fields of science corroborate each other and beyond a question demonstrate that "kinds" were not "created", They evolved from simpler life forms.
KeedoTheSpeedo

Con

KeedoTheSpeedo forfeited this round.
killshot

Pro

I rest my case.
KeedoTheSpeedo

Con

KeedoTheSpeedo forfeited this round.
KeedoTheSpeedo

Con

KeedoTheSpeedo forfeited this round.
KeedoTheSpeedo

Con

KeedoTheSpeedo forfeited this round.
Posted by politicsfortherun 3 years ago
politicsfortherun
I agree with Pro on this. I don"t believe someone can believe in both subjects at the same time. Personaly, I believe in Creatonism, But I recall my English teacher saying she believes in both. Basically saying, I don"t believe she belives in either one. You simply can"t believe in both.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
@https://drugabuse. Com/featured/drug-trafficking-across-borders/

The Bible says the Earth was a wasteland before humans
Posted by killshot 3 years ago
killshot
@point I know right! Except god made all clades in a week and evolution made them over billions of years. It's not compatible no matter how bad they want to twist it and compartmentalize it.
Posted by PointProven 3 years ago
PointProven
Some christians believe that their god guided evolution which I suppose makes sense, The only problem being that their magic book makes no mention of this. It's simply a way for them to adapt to the current best explanation for the origin of life.
Posted by killshot 3 years ago
killshot
@backwardseden haha very true!
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@killshot - Oh nothing. But those that are christians/ religious accuse atheists of lying and or whatever just so it gives them some type of comfort in their cozy electric blankets. Naturally they don't have any proof. The thing that separates an atheist from a theist is believability. That's why theism has nowhere to run or hide. Science can prove its apples and oranges AND its mathematics. All theism has is believability.
Posted by killshot 3 years ago
killshot
@backwardseden What exactly are you proposing atheists are lying about? The only thing that separates an atheist from a theist is the theism part. Atheists just reject that proposition due to insufficient evidence. Anything else that individual would lie about has nothing to do with atheism, It's just that person's world view.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
We'd have to believe its christians/ those that are religious simply because they cannot prove what they believe in to be true and real. So its a lie to everyone else until proven to be true. Hey most christians cannot even pay any attention to their completely bankrupt and corrupt and completely immoral bible and what it says. So how can we believe what they say to be true? Now on the other hand, Some christians think atheists ---always--- speak of the devil. Of course that's only a small little pack of them. Is it a numbers game and who has the bigger number of a certain population will win a contest in which is a bigger lie? But yeah, Chritians ---really--- don't know that they are lying. After all they hold air and don't know the difference from an apple. Atheists do.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@backwardseden

I am guessing Christians because they make a lot more of the population and a lie can still be a lie even if the person stating it does not know it is one. Meaning when liars tell gullible people a lie they believe it and they also lie.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@omar2345 - That's a very good topic for a debate. Who lies more? Christians/ those who are religious, Or atheists?