xXDebaterXx
Amphia

Chromebooks should not be allowed in school

xXDebaterXx has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

xXDebaterXx

Con

Chromebooks in school can cause eye damage and hurt students eyes and they can be a reason some students have glasses.
Amphia

Pro

Based on your argument, you should be be Pro but never mind.

Anyway, I think that Chromebooks should be allowed in school because they make completing work a lot easier. Chrome books are connected to Gmail and Google Classroom which makes it easy to communicate with your teachers and turn in assignments. Google Classroom also is better for the environment because it doesn't require paper as assignments can be done using Google Docs or Word. And for kids who are sick or miss school, they can still complete their assignments from home and not be behind the rest of the class.

You mention how Chromebooks can cause eye damage which leads to some students wearing glasses. I would argue this is not true. For one, to have so much damage from computer, you must use it for very long periods of time. Chrome books aren't usually used the entire class and in all classes every day. To get this much damage, a person would have to us the computer for a very long time which is usually done at home. If you ban chrome books, kids still have phones and electronics they use at home that causes the eye damage. Furthermore, people sometimes just need glasses because of the way their eyes are from birth. It is not always external forces. To blame people wearing glasses on eye damage from school computers is an exaggeration.
Posted by ReecyPeecy990 3 years ago
ReecyPeecy990
Oh, and I have a weird gene that causes me to need glasses, not staring at screens.
Posted by ReecyPeecy990 3 years ago
ReecyPeecy990
Posted by ReecyPeecy990 3 years ago
ReecyPeecy990
Posted by ReecyPeecy990 3 years ago
ReecyPeecy990
Posted by ReecyPeecy990 3 years ago
ReecyPeecy990
Posted by ReecyPeecy990 3 years ago
ReecyPeecy990
Posted by ReecyPeecy990 3 years ago
ReecyPeecy990
Coming from a guy with glasses that sits in front of a screen all day, I want to keep chromebooks in school only if they start producing them with different materials in the screen that blocks the blue light radiation coming from the lights.
Posted by Nd2400 3 years ago
Nd2400
So Amphia: how did that debate round go on Thucydides Trap?