PassiveSquirrel
Blobbler

Churches Paying Taxes

PassiveSquirrel
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

PassiveSquirrel

Pro

Churches should pay taxes because they are just like other companies that pay taxes. Churches make money, And all companies who make money get taxed. By taxing churches their would be an estimated $71 billion worth of taxes. $71 billion is a lot of money that could be spent to benefit the world. Yes, Churches do donate money, But the Mormon church spends only. 7% of their annual income on charity. The American Red Cross spends 92. 1% of their income to assist people. "Wal-Mart, For instance, Gives about $1. 75 billion in food aid to charities each year, Or twenty-eight times all of the money allotted for charity by the United Methodist Church and almost double what the LDS Church has given in the last twenty-five years. (Derek Beres, 2012)"

Source: https://bigthink. Com/21st-century-spirituality/how-to-make-71-billion-a-year-tax-the-churches
Blobbler

Con

Church should not pay taxes because they are the center for religions. People rely on them to help themselves worship gods and to live through and with their religion but I am a simple cow with not much knowledge of pigs. Pigs are a mystery to me they are always bouncing around with their big fat pig butts. I am attracted to pigs but I am to nervous to tell anyone because my mom and dad are very strinkt. They are kind of strange and they really confuse me some times, But I really like cows and butterscotch and yeah Japan! ALSO I MAY WARN YOU THAT THIS SITE IS JUST A LOT OF WORDS SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE READING GO TO THE BOOKSTORE DWEEB! * Also, You better floss! I mean the teeth kinda floss don't do that garbage in my face!

Source(s): https://sites. Google. Com/madisoned. Org/archived-candy-club/
PassiveSquirrel

Pro

Hope you are having a good day!

My opponent said, "Church should not pay taxes because they are the center for religions. " Sure churches are the center for religion, But they shouldn't be tax exempt. All places that make money pay taxes, Except churches. Churches make money, Lots of it, And they don't donate that much. Also, I just went to your source and found that it has nothing to do with the topic.

Blobbler

Con

"When adults respond quickly and consistently to bullying behavior they send the message that it is not acceptable. Research shows this can stop bullying behavior over time.

Parents, School staff, And other adults in the community can help kids prevent bullying by talking about it, Building a safe school environment, And creating a community-wide bullying prevention strategy. " Stop bullying NOW.

Sources: https://www. Stopbullying. Gov/
PassiveSquirrel

Pro

I don"t understand how your debate relates to the topic. Did you accidentally put this on the wrong debate? If so fell free to tell me in the comments of this debate.

Anyways, Churches make money, And don"t donate that much away. The should be taxed for what they make. That is all I have to say.
Blobbler

Con

I feel weird. I feel needed I feel interesting. What do these words describe? Well, Me! What am I? A person! What is plural person? People! What do people do? Go to church!
"Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, Let me give you my life"
What is this? Lyrics of Take Me To Church by Hozier. Churches need to be free and not pay taxes because so many people rely on them, And they'd be hurt to hear that the places they go to to worship the gods are paying taxes. PassiveSquirrel, Your debate is making it more likely to have churches taxed, Make people get hurt, All because of you. Don't hurt these people, Squirrel, These people need to live in peace, With freedom and rights. Let the religious thrive with their ways of living!

No sources, This is the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Posted by IsaiahWOod23 2 weeks ago
IsaiahWOod23
That was the dummest debate i have ever seen in my life, I hope I never see that again, That said, It was hilarious
Posted by malus_pudor 2 weeks ago
malus_pudor
I know I'm late to the party, But I'm curious -- and maybe I missed it -- but what tax would you want churches to pay?
Posted by Blobbler 2 weeks ago
Blobbler
omg dsjpk5 voted for me OMGOSH OOOOOOOOOOHHH DOOOODDDD LEEELLLLLLLL okay
Posted by PassiveSquirrel 3 weeks ago
PassiveSquirrel
Ok, Sir
Posted by Blobbler 3 weeks ago
Blobbler
Hi. I just wanted to say. . . . . I was bored, Okay? I didn't want to focus non the topic that much. Sorry!
Posted by PassiveSquirrel 3 weeks ago
PassiveSquirrel
Thanks
Posted by omar2345 3 weeks ago
omar2345
@PassiveSquirrel

I hope in your future debates you will find more thoughtful discussions. This is the first I have seen someone go off topic.
Posted by PassiveSquirrel 3 weeks ago
PassiveSquirrel
You didn"t stick to the topic. One of your arguements was about bullying.
Posted by Blobbler 3 weeks ago
Blobbler
;( You're making me feel bad. Fine, I'll try more next time.
Posted by PassiveSquirrel 4 weeks ago
PassiveSquirrel
What is you arguement? You didn"t provide any information against churches being taxed. All you did was sing a song and write some thing about pigs and cows. Please if your going to accept my debate actually focus on the topic.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 weeks ago
dsjpk5
PassiveSquirrelBlobblerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering bad votes.
Vote Placed by alexstilts 3 weeks ago
alexstilts
PassiveSquirrelBlobblerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I did not walk away with a perfectly defined opinion, but Pro made much better arguments here and gave me food for thought.
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 weeks ago
omar2345
PassiveSquirrelBlobblerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had a debate. Against was speaking about other stuff. Pro did rebut his only claim "Church should not pay taxes because they are the center for religions." with "All places that make money pay taxes, Except churches." It wasn't the best but his starting argument was enough since against did not rebut any of them.