PassiveSquirrel
Blobbler

Churches Paying Taxes

PassiveSquirrel

PassiveSquirrel

Pro

Churches should pay taxes because they are just like other companies that pay taxes. Churches make money, And all companies who make money get taxed. By taxing churches their would be an estimated $71 billion worth of taxes. $71 billion is a lot of money that could be spent to benefit the world. Yes, Churches do donate money, But the Mormon church spends only. 7% of their annual income on charity. The American Red Cross spends 92. 1% of their income to assist people. "Wal-Mart, For instance, Gives about $1. 75 billion in food aid to charities each year, Or twenty-eight times all of the money allotted for charity by the United Methodist Church and almost double what the LDS Church has given in the last twenty-five years. (Derek Beres, 2012)"

Source: https://bigthink. Com/21st-century-spirituality/how-to-make-71-billion-a-year-tax-the-churches
Blobbler

Con

Church should not pay taxes because they are the center for religions. People rely on them to help themselves worship gods and to live through and with their religion but I am a simple cow with not much knowledge of pigs. Pigs are a mystery to me they are always bouncing around with their big fat pig butts. I am attracted to pigs but I am to nervous to tell anyone because my mom and dad are very strinkt. They are kind of strange and they really confuse me some times, But I really like cows and butterscotch and yeah Japan! ALSO I MAY WARN YOU THAT THIS SITE IS JUST A LOT OF WORDS SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE READING GO TO THE BOOKSTORE DWEEB! * Also, You better floss! I mean the teeth kinda floss don't do that garbage in my face!

Source(s): https://sites. Google. Com/madisoned. Org/archived-candy-club/
PassiveSquirrel

Pro

Hope you are having a good day!

My opponent said, "Church should not pay taxes because they are the center for religions. " Sure churches are the center for religion, But they shouldn't be tax exempt. All places that make money pay taxes, Except churches. Churches make money, Lots of it, And they don't donate that much. Also, I just went to your source and found that it has nothing to do with the topic.

Blobbler

Con

"When adults respond quickly and consistently to bullying behavior they send the message that it is not acceptable. Research shows this can stop bullying behavior over time.

Parents, School staff, And other adults in the community can help kids prevent bullying by talking about it, Building a safe school environment, And creating a community-wide bullying prevention strategy. " Stop bullying NOW.

Sources: https://www. Stopbullying. Gov/
PassiveSquirrel

Pro

I don"t understand how your debate relates to the topic. Did you accidentally put this on the wrong debate? If so fell free to tell me in the comments of this debate.

Anyways, Churches make money, And don"t donate that much away. The should be taxed for what they make. That is all I have to say.
Blobbler

Con

I feel weird. I feel needed I feel interesting. What do these words describe? Well, Me! What am I? A person! What is plural person? People! What do people do? Go to church!
"Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, Let me give you my life"
What is this? Lyrics of Take Me To Church by Hozier. Churches need to be free and not pay taxes because so many people rely on them, And they'd be hurt to hear that the places they go to to worship the gods are paying taxes. PassiveSquirrel, Your debate is making it more likely to have churches taxed, Make people get hurt, All because of you. Don't hurt these people, Squirrel, These people need to live in peace, With freedom and rights. Let the religious thrive with their ways of living!

No sources, This is the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Posted by walidchacha14 2 weeks ago
walidchacha14
https://apksdesk. Com/survival-on-raft-mod-apk/
Posted by walidchacha14 2 weeks ago
walidchacha14
Survival on Raft MOD APK on raft is a game that truly tests the bounds of your own survival instincts

Downlaod it from here. . https://apksdesk. Com/survival-on-raft-mod-apk/
Posted by journeynepaladv 2 weeks ago
journeynepaladv
Everest base camp
Number one on most people's wish to make Everest base trek.
The 14 days trekking force that climbs through Sherpa village and glacial valleys into unparalleled high mountain scenery.
The final destination of the EBC trek viewpoint of Kalapathar offers you many over the 8000m mountain view with world rooftop mount Everest.
And your dream come to true when you will be in Everest base camp 5130m high altitude hard to breathe but still very happy to stranding in front of world highest peak Everest.

Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Fly to Lukla and Phakding (2, 651m/8, 700ft) 3 " 4 hrs
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3, 438m/11, 280 ft) 5 " 6 hrs
Day 04: Acclimatize at Namche Bazaar
Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3, 870m/12, 694ft) 5- 6 hrs
Day 06: Tengboche to Dingboche (4, 360 m/14, 300 ft) 5 " 6 hrs
Day 07: Acclimatization in Dingboche
Day 08: Dingboche to Duglha (4, 600 m/15, 090 ft) 3 " 4 hrs
Day 09: Duglha to Lobuche (4940 m/16, 207 ft) 2 " 4 hrs
Day 10: Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5170 m/16, 961ft) 6-7 hrs
Day 11: Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar (5, 545m/18, 192ft) to Pheriche (4, 288m/14, 070ft) 7-8 hrs
Day 12: Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3, 440m/11, 280 ft) 6 " 7 hrs
Day 13: Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2, 860m/9, 186ft) 6 " 7 hrs
Day 14: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 15: Final departure
https://www. Journeynepaladv. Com/activities/everest-base-camp-trek/
Posted by ened 3 weeks ago
ened
I think that the answer to this question comes down to the reason why churches make money: if it is to donate(then they should be treated like any other institute whose goal is to donate/give back to the community) if its goal is to support the work of the preachers and other workers(then they should be treated like any other institute who does just that). But personally, I believe that the reason people actually give at church is that they are asked to in the bible, Not of any reason other than to show that God is the most important thing to them and that money can't control their life. Using this as a premise to my argument, My conclusion is this: if you give because God asks you to, Then you shouldn't worry about being taxed. If you don't like what the government does with your money, We are not dealing with whether the church should be taxed or not, But with restrictions that should be put on the government when it is dealing with tax money and THAT is a whole new discussion.
Posted by stockbull 2 months ago
stockbull
"At the point when grown-ups react rapidly and reliably to harassing conduct they send the message that it isn't satisfactory. Examination shows this can quit tormenting conduct over the long run.

Guardians, School staff, And different grown-ups locally can assist kids with forestalling tormenting by discussing it, Building a protected school climate, And making a local area wide harassing avoidance system. " Stop tormenting NOW.
Regards: https://www. Bbqvilla. Com
Posted by kotsotu 2 months ago
kotsotu
The more money a church makes, The more corrupt and exploitative it becomes. Does Hillsong ring a bell? I know it's about believing in, Worshipping, And connecting to a higher power, But in a way, They need to come down of their high horse.
Posted by Bestchainsaws 4 months ago
Bestchainsaws
Get yourself the best chainsaw sharpener in Australia and say Goodbye to your dull Chainsaws by sharpening them without any hassle

If you have any experience of using a blade or even a simple kitchen knife, You will know that after a certain amount of time, It becomes dull. Its ability to cut decreases significantly and there comes a time when there is no difference between it and a simple piece of metal.

This is where the need for the best chainsaw sharpener in Australia becomes evident. These sharpening machines can improve the overall sharpness of your chainsaw. Moreover, Your chainsaw will look like it"s just been unboxed out of the package.

https://bestchainsaws. Com. Au/best-chainsaw-sharpener/
Posted by Blobbler2 4 months ago
Blobbler2
Hello debaters, It is me, Blobbler, After nearly 3 years. Thank you for all of the publicity whether this made your day or ruined it. Keep debating and let's become the most viewed article on the website!
Posted by ufp2 5 months ago
ufp2
https://ufp-2. Com/
Posted by svanire 5 months ago
svanire
SOME churches should pay taxes. They should have to report on their income every year, And if they're above a certain reasonable amount that isn't going into charity (and I mean charity OUTSIDE OF THE CHURCH), Then it should be taxed.

I'm an atheist, But I'm not against Christians gathering to worship any more than I would be Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Whatever. If it's a small, Local community church, They may have a hard time paying property taxes, Rent, Bills, Etc on their own, And I don't feel they should be taxed. But people like Pat Robertson and Creflo Dollar need to be taxed into oblivion. They have way more money than they need and it's all going into their pockets.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
PassiveSquirrelBlobblerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering bad votes.
Vote Placed by alexstilts 3 years ago
alexstilts
PassiveSquirrelBlobblerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I did not walk away with a perfectly defined opinion, but Pro made much better arguments here and gave me food for thought.
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
PassiveSquirrelBlobblerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had a debate. Against was speaking about other stuff. Pro did rebut his only claim "Church should not pay taxes because they are the center for religions." with "All places that make money pay taxes, Except churches." It wasn't the best but his starting argument was enough since against did not rebut any of them.