PassiveSquirrel
Blobbler

Churches Paying Taxes

PassiveSquirrel

PassiveSquirrel

Pro

Churches should pay taxes because they are just like other companies that pay taxes. Churches make money, And all companies who make money get taxed. By taxing churches their would be an estimated $71 billion worth of taxes. $71 billion is a lot of money that could be spent to benefit the world. Yes, Churches do donate money, But the Mormon church spends only. 7% of their annual income on charity. The American Red Cross spends 92. 1% of their income to assist people. "Wal-Mart, For instance, Gives about $1. 75 billion in food aid to charities each year, Or twenty-eight times all of the money allotted for charity by the United Methodist Church and almost double what the LDS Church has given in the last twenty-five years. (Derek Beres, 2012)"

Source: https://bigthink. Com/21st-century-spirituality/how-to-make-71-billion-a-year-tax-the-churches
Blobbler

Con

Church should not pay taxes because they are the center for religions. People rely on them to help themselves worship gods and to live through and with their religion but I am a simple cow with not much knowledge of pigs. Pigs are a mystery to me they are always bouncing around with their big fat pig butts. I am attracted to pigs but I am to nervous to tell anyone because my mom and dad are very strinkt. They are kind of strange and they really confuse me some times, But I really like cows and butterscotch and yeah Japan! ALSO I MAY WARN YOU THAT THIS SITE IS JUST A LOT OF WORDS SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE READING GO TO THE BOOKSTORE DWEEB! * Also, You better floss! I mean the teeth kinda floss don't do that garbage in my face!

Source(s): https://sites. Google. Com/madisoned. Org/archived-candy-club/
PassiveSquirrel

Pro

Hope you are having a good day!

My opponent said, "Church should not pay taxes because they are the center for religions. " Sure churches are the center for religion, But they shouldn't be tax exempt. All places that make money pay taxes, Except churches. Churches make money, Lots of it, And they don't donate that much. Also, I just went to your source and found that it has nothing to do with the topic.

Blobbler

Con

"When adults respond quickly and consistently to bullying behavior they send the message that it is not acceptable. Research shows this can stop bullying behavior over time.

Parents, School staff, And other adults in the community can help kids prevent bullying by talking about it, Building a safe school environment, And creating a community-wide bullying prevention strategy. " Stop bullying NOW.

Sources: https://www. Stopbullying. Gov/
PassiveSquirrel

Pro

I don"t understand how your debate relates to the topic. Did you accidentally put this on the wrong debate? If so fell free to tell me in the comments of this debate.

Anyways, Churches make money, And don"t donate that much away. The should be taxed for what they make. That is all I have to say.
Blobbler

Con

I feel weird. I feel needed I feel interesting. What do these words describe? Well, Me! What am I? A person! What is plural person? People! What do people do? Go to church!
"Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, Let me give you my life"
What is this? Lyrics of Take Me To Church by Hozier. Churches need to be free and not pay taxes because so many people rely on them, And they'd be hurt to hear that the places they go to to worship the gods are paying taxes. PassiveSquirrel, Your debate is making it more likely to have churches taxed, Make people get hurt, All because of you. Don't hurt these people, Squirrel, These people need to live in peace, With freedom and rights. Let the religious thrive with their ways of living!

No sources, This is the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Posted by Tradesecret 1 month ago
Tradesecret
Churches should not pay taxes for the following reasons:

firstly, Churches are non-profit organisations. No non-profit organisations should pay tax.
secondly, They are for the most part charitable or an educational facility. These type of organisations should not pay tax.
thirdly, The doctrine of separation of church and state ipso facto implies that if the state can tax the church then the church can tax the state. Separation means separation. If other organisations within society are not separate and can influence the state, Then taxation is warranted. When an organisation is separate from the state, It implies no sovereignty and therefore no warrant to tax.
Posted by yunqu0518 2 months ago
yunqu0518
Are you ready to accept the reality? Buy our best-selling sex toys, Our dolls will tempt every corner of your body,
For those lonely nights, Bring the best doll to you, No matter what your wish is, Our magical sex doll will satisfy you in a way you never thought of.
Visit our website https://www. Oudoll. Com
Posted by TheRevelator 2 months ago
TheRevelator
No one should pay taxes.

Taxation is theft
Posted by sarkariexam234 2 months ago
sarkariexam234
Thankful to you for your post, I was looking for such article along time, Today I find it finally. This one Such an Awesome Blog! Keep up the Good Work! All details about it really interesting. We have also made a Blog which is a job portal which is about Sarkariexam, Rojgar result
and freejobalert. Our website also tells about Sarkari exam
and sarkarinaukari
Posted by Karimlovespells 5 months ago
Karimlovespells
Churches should pay taxes as they also tax there followers. Them having tax havens is the reason to why as most priests are now rolling in nothing but pure luxury.
Posted by DeletedUser 5 months ago
DeletedUser
I see arguments on various websites, News organizations mostly, That the general public "gives" $X to churches annually. Some claim this number amounts to billions of dollars. The fact is, The public does not "pay" a penny. Nor does the government "give" money to churches. The fact is, No money changes hands at all; it is the revenue of the government that reduces due to religious exemptions, But there is no "take" of money by the churches. Likewise, There is no "take" of money from citizens to offset the churches' expenses except the parishioners who donate money directly to their church.
Posted by Sooooscofit 6 months ago
Sooooscofit
Churches should be taxed. This Non Profit status is nonsense. They use non profit title to avoid paying taxes and not just churches. . . I"m talking about any start up organization. I"ve noticed how many " non profits " there are lately
and there are so many claiming to be. . . Just another loophole. Even Jesus paid taxes. . . . . It"s about time Churches pitched in. The ceo"s of so called " non profits are doing very well, . . . Just like for profit outfits.
Posted by BuchananMein 6 months ago
BuchananMein
Eat the poors.
Posted by billsands 6 months ago
billsands
we pay taxes as a social duties to those in need lets double spending on welfare for the poor
Posted by BuchananMein 6 months ago
BuchananMein
The Question is not why Church is exempt of Income Tax, But why Are we compelled to be tax.
Let's cut spending by 50% to begin with.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
PassiveSquirrelBlobblerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering bad votes.
Vote Placed by alexstilts 1 year ago
alexstilts
PassiveSquirrelBlobblerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I did not walk away with a perfectly defined opinion, but Pro made much better arguments here and gave me food for thought.
Vote Placed by omar2345 1 year ago
omar2345
PassiveSquirrelBlobblerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had a debate. Against was speaking about other stuff. Pro did rebut his only claim "Church should not pay taxes because they are the center for religions." with "All places that make money pay taxes, Except churches." It wasn't the best but his starting argument was enough since against did not rebut any of them.