PassiveSquirrel
Blobbler

Churches Paying Taxes

PassiveSquirrel

PassiveSquirrel

Pro

Churches should pay taxes because they are just like other companies that pay taxes. Churches make money, And all companies who make money get taxed. By taxing churches their would be an estimated $71 billion worth of taxes. $71 billion is a lot of money that could be spent to benefit the world. Yes, Churches do donate money, But the Mormon church spends only. 7% of their annual income on charity. The American Red Cross spends 92. 1% of their income to assist people. "Wal-Mart, For instance, Gives about $1. 75 billion in food aid to charities each year, Or twenty-eight times all of the money allotted for charity by the United Methodist Church and almost double what the LDS Church has given in the last twenty-five years. (Derek Beres, 2012)"

Source: https://bigthink. Com/21st-century-spirituality/how-to-make-71-billion-a-year-tax-the-churches
Blobbler

Con

Church should not pay taxes because they are the center for religions. People rely on them to help themselves worship gods and to live through and with their religion but I am a simple cow with not much knowledge of pigs. Pigs are a mystery to me they are always bouncing around with their big fat pig butts. I am attracted to pigs but I am to nervous to tell anyone because my mom and dad are very strinkt. They are kind of strange and they really confuse me some times, But I really like cows and butterscotch and yeah Japan! ALSO I MAY WARN YOU THAT THIS SITE IS JUST A LOT OF WORDS SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE READING GO TO THE BOOKSTORE DWEEB! * Also, You better floss! I mean the teeth kinda floss don't do that garbage in my face!

Source(s): https://sites. Google. Com/madisoned. Org/archived-candy-club/
PassiveSquirrel

Pro

Hope you are having a good day!

My opponent said, "Church should not pay taxes because they are the center for religions. " Sure churches are the center for religion, But they shouldn't be tax exempt. All places that make money pay taxes, Except churches. Churches make money, Lots of it, And they don't donate that much. Also, I just went to your source and found that it has nothing to do with the topic.

Blobbler

Con

"When adults respond quickly and consistently to bullying behavior they send the message that it is not acceptable. Research shows this can stop bullying behavior over time.

Parents, School staff, And other adults in the community can help kids prevent bullying by talking about it, Building a safe school environment, And creating a community-wide bullying prevention strategy. " Stop bullying NOW.

Sources: https://www. Stopbullying. Gov/
PassiveSquirrel

Pro

I don"t understand how your debate relates to the topic. Did you accidentally put this on the wrong debate? If so fell free to tell me in the comments of this debate.

Anyways, Churches make money, And don"t donate that much away. The should be taxed for what they make. That is all I have to say.
Blobbler

Con

I feel weird. I feel needed I feel interesting. What do these words describe? Well, Me! What am I? A person! What is plural person? People! What do people do? Go to church!
"Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, Let me give you my life"
What is this? Lyrics of Take Me To Church by Hozier. Churches need to be free and not pay taxes because so many people rely on them, And they'd be hurt to hear that the places they go to to worship the gods are paying taxes. PassiveSquirrel, Your debate is making it more likely to have churches taxed, Make people get hurt, All because of you. Don't hurt these people, Squirrel, These people need to live in peace, With freedom and rights. Let the religious thrive with their ways of living!

No sources, This is the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Posted by robouryman 1 year ago
robouryman
Churches are a waste of money as they stand. If they paid taxes, At least they would be 15% useful to us, Besides doing the bare minimum for food drives & charity for PR. Instead of thoughts & prayers, How about paying taxes & contributing to society.
Posted by jkrod1 1 year ago
jkrod1
All I have to say is, Yes I believe they should pay taxes. Jesus said, Rend to caesar what is Caesar's, And to God what is God's.
Posted by HolyAsian247 1 year ago
HolyAsian247
To tell the truth, Almost all of the money going to the church are donations. So you would be taking the money that is donated to a church, That was SPECIFICALLY donated for a church. If I was to donate to a charity, Is it right for the government to take some out of it?

I believe Churches should pay taxes, Such as property tax in general, But the government should reduce it just a notch. This is not a commercial business but actually, A building intended to provide religious services.

But then again it all depends on the type of churches. For example, I'm not entirely sure of how the donation system works in a Catholic church. I am using a local church that collects only donations as an example.
Posted by Thomas57 1 year ago
Thomas57
I think its a good idea that churches should pay taxes, When you work you pay taxes over, The company is paying tax, The churches are the only place where they are not paying taxes, What is happening to your hard earned money, Beside are the priest, Preachers teaching you correctly? They are teaching you what they think, And tell you, You must believe their way which is wrong, Just to say all you need to do is take the Bible and read it for yourself, And you will see that God the Creator, Doesn't want money, He want's us to be righteous, Help one another, Not to steal and from the widow and the poor. Honor God and ask him, That's why he is there He created you no mankind did. Anyway i also feel that if you attending a church you should have the full right to question on what the money is spent, Therefore each and every person should have the churches accounting book on a regular basis.
Just a question which not related to this topic, Have you ever questioned the Priest or Preacher on something you don't believe is correct? I bet not, Because you will be doomed in hell.
Please note: i am not a JC fan and not a Jew, I was raised up a catholic and today i can say that its all a money making and dictation thing. I believe in One God the Creator.
Posted by SurrealSuite 1 year ago
SurrealSuite
I think the government regulation of churches concerning taxation should be as follows:
-A church must give ALL of its profits to one or several of these: charities, Official community fund-raisers, Mission work, Or the development of churches domestic or abroad
-A church may take whatever it needs to pay its staff and must submit income and salary reports annually
-A church can spend some of its profits for recreational use only if the attendees are made aware of where their money is going (ex. Older attendants are complaining it is getting too hot during the summer, So the pastor announces that today's offering will go towards funding for a new AC unit in the fellowship hall). If a church is found to be spending profits on non-recreational uses without consent, That church will be stripped of its tax exemption

Also, There should be additional legislation put into place to make it harder to change these regulations in case a president with a grudge against religion, In general, Feels the need to shut down as many churches as possible.

And for a lot of churches, That would be what you are doing if you were to tax them. Many churches already give the majority, If not all of their profits to charity or their communities. Taxing those churches would either force them to give far less, Or to shut down. Those who would choose to give less would be giving less to their communities and more to the federal government. And in my opinion, Money is better given to people in need, And not to the government.
Posted by Patmos 1 year ago
Patmos
I think that tax exempt status was one of the worst things to ever happen to churches. Now we're too afraid of getting it revoked to do what God wants us to. Namely saying things that the left disagrees with.
Posted by Juris 1 year ago
Juris
I just came back after years of absence and this is what i saw. It is actually funny. Haha. Never seen anything like this
Posted by IsaiahWOod23 1 year ago
IsaiahWOod23
That was the dummest debate i have ever seen in my life, I hope I never see that again, That said, It was hilarious
Posted by malus_pudor 1 year ago
malus_pudor
I know I'm late to the party, But I'm curious -- and maybe I missed it -- but what tax would you want churches to pay?
Posted by Blobbler 1 year ago
Blobbler
omg dsjpk5 voted for me OMGOSH OOOOOOOOOOHHH DOOOODDDD LEEELLLLLLLL okay
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
PassiveSquirrelBlobblerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering bad votes.
Vote Placed by alexstilts 1 year ago
alexstilts
PassiveSquirrelBlobblerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I did not walk away with a perfectly defined opinion, but Pro made much better arguments here and gave me food for thought.
Vote Placed by omar2345 1 year ago
omar2345
PassiveSquirrelBlobblerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had a debate. Against was speaking about other stuff. Pro did rebut his only claim "Church should not pay taxes because they are the center for religions." with "All places that make money pay taxes, Except churches." It wasn't the best but his starting argument was enough since against did not rebut any of them.