themasterdebater_101
Koshou

Communism

Koshou has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

themasterdebater_101

Con

I will let my opponent (who is for communism) speak first.
Koshou

Pro

(Okay, I guess then I'll start. Sorry if I don't post fast enough, because I won't be on 24/7. This is also my first debate, so tell me if I did anything wrong.)

I think that all people should be equal. I think that Communism is good, because everyone gets equal amount of pay, no matter what job they have. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) If you say, "but then that isn't fair, because for example, doctors get the same amount as a fast food cashier" I think that if you like the job that you have, then why should it matter? Capitalism today feels like a race to see who can get the most money, and I think that's sad, don't you agree? I also think that with Capitalists judge each other from what job or how much money they have, while with Communism you really can't judge with how much money you make. I also feel that with Communism there will be less people in poverty.

(I'll end it there. Your turn.)
themasterdebater_101

Con

One of the most misunderstood ideas that communism proposes is that under this system all people are equal. This is not true. Communism takes away personal liberties and freedoms. For one example, let's say you started a business. The business isn't yours; it is shared by everybody. Let's say you work hard to make that business grow. It doesn't matter, because you are all paid the same. Let's use the analogy you used. Say you go to school to get a PhD for 8 years. You finally start working, but make the same amount of money than a person who has no formal schooling and works at McDonald's. Does that sound fair? I don't think so. I think you should aptly be paid for what profession you are in, but in a Communist country, that doesn't matter.

Another key fallacy with communism is the way it plays out in real life situations. Communism in itself is a bad idea, but the way it plays out is even worse. See, the main object of communism is that the proletariat (the working class) will rise up an eventually rule the republic. Sounds good, right? Well, no, because it never works that way. Take classic examples of Communist countries, like Russia, China, etc. While the proletariat are at that stage where they are under the government and market's control, the leaders have complete control over what wealth is distributed and what shares of business are given to people. The proletariat never rises up because Communism is flawed and the country prevents them from doing so, so many communist countries end up corrupt and non-functional.

I probably shouldn't have included 5 rounds on this; both of us have pretty much made all our points.
Koshou

Pro

(Yeah, this should be the last round, by the way love your profile picture. Also, sorry for really late response)

The main thing I need to point out is I still think it is fair in a way. Some people can be more skilled than others, and should the people who aren't as skilled get lower pay? I don't think that's really fair. I do agree that Communism is flawed for a reason, greed. (Yes, I saw the comment and I was actually going to point that out in the next round before they said that.) Also, people get a share of food.

(Yeah, we probably shouldn't have 5 rounds in this. Also, even if we have different opinions on this, I think we probably could be friends.)
themasterdebater_101

Con

Pro says: "The main thing I need to point out is I still think it is fair in a way."
Counter: I believe I explained in my previous argument why Communism is not a fair system at all. If you work hard to do a job you love, it does not matter. You get paid the same amount as a person who works at Starbucks or McDonald's. And it is even worse how it plays out in real life situations. That doesn't sound too fair to me. Could you perhaps clarify that?

Pro says: Some people can be more skilled than others, and should the people who aren't as skilled get lower pay? I don't think that's really fair.
Counter: Yes, they should. That is how economy has played out for 3000 years. To get more skilled, you can get more formal schooling. Then, you get higher pay. This is the way it has worked for thousands of years. You can not get a reward for something you didn't work to get.

Pro says: I do agree that Communism is flawed for a reason, greed.
Counter: Correct, the whole system of Communism is pretty much controlled by human greed when it is enacted in society. Communism allows a loophole that creates a corrupt leadership and government since the leaders in power can control the wealth and regulate it.

Pro says: Also, people get a share of food.
Counter: Well, that doesn't make Communism right.

(Thank you. I love my profile picture too)
Posted by darkwolf 3 years ago
darkwolf
Well, I'm going to UIL state today, and this years topic in social studies was the soviet union and its affiliate states, I have already debated communism here, but I'm not a supporter of it. If it could work then yeah it sounds like a great system but it will never be a reality because of greed, and laziness. But yeah if you want do debate communism I'm game
Posted by themasterdebater_101 3 years ago
themasterdebater_101
Wow, you should be debating this instead of me.
Posted by darkwolf 3 years ago
darkwolf
Yep, also Marx didn't factor in human flaws into his theory, human beings typically will only work if there a equal reward to the work they put in the lack of this in communism removes the want to work hard which is why in many cases workers in a communist system will work the bare minimum in order to get paid, because whats the point of extra work with no extra pay?
themasterdebater_101
Exactly, that's part of why it doesn't work.
Posted by darkwolf 3 years ago
darkwolf
Communism has never been tried the way Marx thought it would, the workers have never truly rose up, it was a revolution of college going intellectuals who are hardly the down trotten workers Marx expected to rise to power. (except in Cuba) Every communist revolution has been instigated by wealthier people not those the system was meant to cater to.