Thiest_1998
cakerman

Contradictions in Genesis

Thiest_1998 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Thiest_1998

Con

If anyone can prove a contradiction in Genesis I'll leave the faith
cakerman

Pro

Okay, by contradictions in Genesis I'm going to go ahead and assume that you mean the classical definition of Contradictory statements, I will use passages direct from the book of Genesis as proof, directly copied from the New International Version of the bible, but I researched the passages in other versions of the bible and found the same literal meaning.

The first point of debate I will bring up as far as bible contradictions go is to refer first to Genesis 1:25-1:27.

25:"God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26:"Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27:"So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them."

This passage from Genesis directly states that God himself created animals before he created mankind, in chronological order, but then Genesis 2:18-19 tell a different story.

18:"The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

19:"Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.

These two passages directly from Genesis directly state that God created mankind before he created the animals of earth, in that chronological order, distinguished by the phrase: "He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was it's name".

If that isn't a direct contradiction on the story of creation then I have even more for you.

If we refer back to Genesis 1:25-27 from above, with these passages,

""""in the image of God he created them;
""""male and female he created them.

we see a clear discrepancy in the story that was later told in the passes 2:18-22, I cited 2:18-19 earlier when proving the contradiction between the two other stories, but here they are again

20:"So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals. But for Adam no suitable helper was found.

21:"So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man"s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh.

22:"Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

The contradiction I'm referencing here, in Genesis 2:21-22, where it says that Adam was first made, and then the animals of earth were created, and then Eve was created, but according to Genesis 1:27 man and woman were created simultaneously. This is my first example of contradiction in Genesis, I look forward to presenting more evidence
Posted by cakerman 1 year ago
cakerman
Izura, to respond to your comment, the debate was simply contradictions, so I pointed out some examples, if you'd like to discuss it i'll feel more than happy to join a debate
Posted by IzuraKamukura 1 year ago
IzuraKamukura
I would like to see more effort put into the argument from the con side... Aswell as a reason why the pro side is so certain. As for the Con's Point, it doesn't exactly work. God created the animals first this is fine, God then proceeded to make man in his image. After Adam was made, god got Adam to name the animals, as they had no name. God noticed that Adam was alone and lonely and that the animals had someone for each race. And so he created Woman from man.

I look forward to the con side submitting another actual example from the first book of the bible.
Posted by IzuraKamukura 1 year ago
IzuraKamukura

Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
If anyone can prove a contradiction in Spidermann 3.. It is a movie..If not...it is not a movie...