watziznehm
MaheshNaidu

Corporal Punishment Should Be Abolished, And Made Punishable By Law

watziznehm

Pro

Firstly, I would like to greet all those who take a look at this debate and my respected opponent. Thank you for taking part in/ voting on/ looking at it. This debate is about the legality of corporal punishment. I will come to the rules of the debate at the end of the argument.
Corporal punishment involves any kind of punitive action taken that may cause physical harm to the person/s thus punished. It can leave scars on a person that cannot be healed, And I'm not talking about the physical kind. I know people who've had rough upbringings that were full of such punishments. I briefly attended an educational institution where corporal punishment was the only corrective action taken when the students misbehaved.
Corporal punishment may lead to intense hatred towards the Punisher, Or when carried out multiple times can shatter a person's mental health. One of my friends told me once that unable to bear the punishments meted out by his uncle, His cousin had attempted suicide. I know many depressed people whose mental health issues are partly due to the bad treatment they have received from others. Now, Respected opponent, I will state the rules I have in mind. The debate will only progress when there is mutual acceptance towards the rules and all the rules must be followed. Any rule-breaking means that the opponent will forfeit. So let's go:
1. Both the participants will at all times respect the opposing side.
2. The participants will only use civil, Preferably formal, Language. The formal bit is totally optional.
3. The participants will not use capital letters where it is not necessary.
MaheshNaidu

Con

If Corporal Punishment is abolished and made punishable by law, Then there is a huge burden on law.
watziznehm

Pro

watziznehm forfeited this round.
MaheshNaidu

Con

MaheshNaidu forfeited this round.
watziznehm

Pro

watziznehm forfeited this round.
MaheshNaidu

Con

MaheshNaidu forfeited this round.
Posted by VegetableProperty5 3 years ago
VegetableProperty5
I think pro has to forfeit because they used a capital letter where it was not necessary.
Posted by billsands 3 years ago
billsands
it is in many places already, Violence begets violence
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
I concur