ViceRegent
Ennee

Could Atheists Be the Problem?

ViceRegent has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Pro

Atheists love to demand proof for God exists, despite them already knowing this fact. But could it not be that all of reality is proof of the existence of God, but something about the atheist (i.e., spiritual death) makes them unable to perceive, understand, contemplate and accept this evidence? Tell us, atheists, how you know you are not the problem?
Ennee

Con

First, I'd like to know what you mean by "the problem"?

Second, atheists are not 'spiritual death'. Atheism means not following or believing in a deity. Buddhism, for example, is an atheistic/nontheistic religion that highly values spirituality and balance.

Third, if there is evidence of God, then why do people a) not believe in God, and b) believe and follow many other gods? If there was concrete evidence of God's existence, there would be no need to discuss this. Of course, God may exist without us having the evidence to confirm so, but that is arbitrary. Non-religious atheists might want proof for the existence of God mostly because they might prefer to create their beliefs based on confirmable truths. Science is our most solid 'book' of confirmable truths and laws created by observation of the known universe, and as such many non-religious atheists might choose to follow it. Some take it to an extreme, some don't. It all really isn't problematic as long as they don't ridicule or harass people for their own philosophies. This, of course, extends to all people.

I hope you'll be able to clear up the topic of the debate in the second round! Perhaps maybe even give this evidence you mentioned to me, since I'd like to know how you perceive the world.
ViceRegent

Pro

Moron, answer the OP. What is with you irrational losers that you cannot deal honestly with questions?
Ennee

Con

Well, I can't deal honestly with a question I don't understand. Therefore, in order to answer the OP, I would like for you to shed some clarity so I can engage in a proper debate, or answer your question properly. I do not understand what you mean by 'the problem', and as such would like you to explain that specific part.

Neither religions nor non-religious philosophies are "the problem" so long as they are not taken to their extremes. Religion-bashing atheists that do nothing but harass religious people are a problem. But the Ku Klux Klan is also a problem, and it is a Christian terrorism organization. There's also a wikipedia article (https://en.wikipedia.org...) about Christian terrorism, so it's not like there's been only one Christiam terrorist group, and there's definitely more than one atheist terrorist group as well. Are some atheists a part of a bigger problem with terrorism? Yes. But so are other religious and ethnic groups.

Is 'the problem' not believing in the God of the Abrahamic religions? Then yes, atheists are a part of it, but so are other religions that follow pantheons of gods or other gods.
Is 'the problem' perceiving the world differently? Everyone perceives the world differently. That's why Christian denominations exist, why shia and sunni Muslims exist, why some Hindu people choose to follow certain gods more closely than others, why atheists do not believe in the existence of a god.
The entire reality of the world isn't a proof of the existence of one god or a pantheon of gods, since it can be explain in other ways as well. Whether e person chooses to believe in a religion or a nonrleigious philosophy, those beliefs are built upon their perception of the world. Different perceptions themselves aren't a problem, but if you want to call it that, then go ahead.
ViceRegent

Pro

Pond scum, then don't respond to the invitation to debate. My gosh, these atheists are dumb as a box of rocks. This moron is definitively the problem. Moving on.
Ennee

Con

I wanted to have a debate and since I'm an atheist, I thought this would be an interesting one. Which is why I'm asking you to explain the debate topic better. I have tried to give some answers as to what I thought based on my own interpretation of the topic presented, but it seems that my interpretation was wrong and the answers did not suffice. So, I simply wish for an explanation to be able to do a better job.
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
Whats your problem with pink elephants /gods ? ......"makes them unable to perceive, understand, contemplate and accept this evidence? Tell us, atheists, how you know you are not the problem? "... Never saw it as a problem that I do not percieve, understand, contemplate and understand the true nature of pink elephants...
Posted by ViceRegent 2 years ago
ViceRegent
Another one bites the dust.
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
Posted by ViceRegent 2 years ago
ViceRegent
And being an irrational fool, even when called out, he still refuses to answer the Q and instead runs away. I love how intellectually dishonest these morons on. If he runs away again, I will accept that he is too mentally ill to be reasoned with and abandon him.
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
Posted by ViceRegent 2 years ago
ViceRegent
How funny that you ask these fools about the truth of a proposition and they give you their worthless valuation of the proposition. Can none of these atheist morons answer a simple Q? Obviously not. Get help for that narcissism.
Posted by canis 2 years ago
canis
..."makes them unable to perceive, understand, contemplate and accept this evidence? Tell us, atheists, how you know you are not the problem? "... Never saw it as a problem that I do not percieve, understand, contemplate and understand the true nature of pink elephants...