Bob48
Catalyst03

Cun Control

Bob48

Con

I personally disagree with Gun Control, But I will let my opponent to have the first word in this debate.
Catalyst03

Pro

I think that the second amendment is important to the constitution, Sure. But look at the facts. Most of the mass shootings that have taken place have used Semi-or Automatic rifles. Pistols, Revolvers, And shotguns should still be allowed (hunting, Self defense, Whatever you need a gun for). But you DO NOT need a gun that fires 13. 3 rounds a minute. What in the world do you need that for? You think that you're going to need to put 15 bullets into a deer to kill it? No! Those guns were DESIGNED to kill. Still you can have your guns for self defense. But at least take away the ones that do the most damage.
Bob48

Con

First off, Thank you for joining this debate. I am very excited to see how this debate goes. Good luck to you.

I would first like to mention that there would be no way to remove all of those guns from the hands of criminals. Criminals do not follow the law, That's why they're criminals. The only thing that gun control would be doing is taking the guns out of the hands of innocent citizens and leaving them in the hands of criminals. This leaves the citizens defenseless and gives an advantage to the criminals.
Catalyst03

Pro

Well, We wouldn't take away ALL guns. That would be going against the constitution after all. However, You are correct. There is no guaranteed way that we could get all the guns from people. Someone might have a better idea of how to do this, But here's my idea:
We could go through the receipts of the people that have bought auto/semi weapons. Then, Because they would be breaking the law, They would have to give up their guns. If someone is caught with a gun like that they would be fined.

"Criminals do not follow the law, That's why they're criminals. The only thing that gun control would be doing is taking the guns out of the hands of innocent citizens and leaving them in the hands of criminals. This leaves the citizens defenseless and gives an advantage to the criminals. "

That may be true, The guns would be taken away from citizens. But the guns will also be taken out of the hands of criminals. As stated before, You would still have pistols and rifles and guns like that for "self defense" and hunting or whatever. By saying that criminals would get guns anyway is like saying "Oh, Let's make bank robbery legal because bad guys are going to try it anyway. " No. There have been too many deaths and mass murders for this to go on. We need to do something, ANYTHING.
Posted by WhiteHawk 3 years ago
WhiteHawk
If you have links in your argument, It won't let you post your argument. You'll have to post them in the comments or put a space in between the ". " and "com"

Hope this helps

Also. . Catalyst, If gun control works, Why does Chicago have some of the highest gun death rates in the nation even though they banned guns in the 90's?
Posted by Bob48 3 years ago
Bob48
It's not letting me post my argument. I says that your argument is due.
Posted by Catalyst03 3 years ago
Catalyst03
That happened to me too- if you go back into the "post my debate" it should be saved there.
Posted by Bob48 3 years ago
Bob48
The debate is glitched. I just posted my argument and it isn't showing up.
Posted by John_C_1812_II 3 years ago
John_C_1812_II
The criminal state of shooting someone is not the united state of ownership by basic principle brought before the united states constitution in the legislation of law.
Posted by IsaiahWOod23 3 years ago
IsaiahWOod23
More people defend themselves from being killed then people being killed, Plus its easy to get a gun illegaly, Gun control will not stop that.