Allodic
PyromanGaming

Cyberbullying Is Not Real

Allodic has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Allodic

Pro

Perhaps I am ignorant for thinking this, so if you do feel so, please take the debate and change my mind.

Of course, when I say Cyberbullying is not real, I don't mean it doesn't exist, but as an ideal, it shouldn't.

Cyberbullying is very easy to solve.

Get off the internet.

Why keep talking to the person that cyberbullies you? There's reason for the "mute" button or the "block" button, and in the worst case scenario, you could just turn off your computer and doing something else.
PyromanGaming

Con

Hello! Today I will be debating why cyberbullying exists. I am not saying that it"s a big issue, I"m just debating that it exists.

When we define bullying, younger and older people typically have different definitions on what cyberbullying is due to the expectation that bullies are rare. At my school, there are a lot of people who I would define as idiots. I wouldn"t typically define them as bullies because they"re common. But in an adult setting if you see someone like a jerk at my school, you think that they"re a bully because they are uncommon.

This idea needs to stop. We need to have the idea the bullies are common in schools so that we have a better chance to stop harassment. Cyberbullying is a more common form of bullying where someone bullies another online. A common example of this is sexual harassment. Sexual harassment is an uncommon form of bullying online and in real life, but unlike traditional forms of bullying is dealt with in a similar manner regardless of where it takes place.

We take a look at the 4000 people every year who commit suicide because of cyberbullying ands realize that this is an ongoing issue (still overinflated in my opinion, but a notable issue). Cyberbullying can cause a wide range of negative effects such as depression, anxiety, fear, low self esteem, and academic struggles.

This is why I believe that cyberbullying exists. Thank you!

https://www.verywellfamily.com...