Jeter1011
WillBCool

DACA's Removal and Cracking Down on Illegal Immigration

WillBCool has forfeited round #2.
Started: 5/11/2018 Category: Economics
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Jeter1011

Pro

I am going to let the opposing side go first.
WillBCool

Con

First round is for acceptance only, I accept your challenge.
Jeter1011

Pro

First off I'd like to speak on why DACA's removal was called for by the Trump Administration. The Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals [DACA] was an abusive flexing of the Executive Power during the Obama Administration. DACA is a completely unconstitutional "easy way out" for Illegal Immigrant Children who were brought here, well, illegally.

One thing I would like to get across, is that I am not against Immigration at all! However, if an Immigrant wished to come into the United States of America they must come into this country fairly and legally!

That being said, I recognize that Children (under the age of 18) usually to almost always have no control over the fact that they are immigrating, nevermind it being legal. My problem with DACA is it allows those under the age of 31 (who came here since 2013) to stay here as well.

My main problem with DACA is the fact that it was never meant to be a path to citizenship. All DACA did was allow those that were [unconstitutionally] protected by it to be able to get credit cards, drivers licenses and, open bank accounts and more things. They were also able to stay in the Country without the proper immigration work legally.

I think I would support DACA if it had been modified. Here is what the DACA plan should have for me to support it:

1.) Those below the age of 18 are protected by the DACA plan if they were brought here below the age of 18 [Illegally].
2.) Once you reach the age of 18 you have five years to begin pursuing citizenship.
3.) You must have a near perfect to perfect criminal record (almost no infractions).

And a few more things that would be just common sense.

Back to you!