Eugenious
cyborghacker

Darth Vader was more powerful than Darth Sidious

Started: 2/18/2019 Category: Movies

Eugenious

Pro

Darth Vader killed Sidious. 'Nuff said. But really though, Can anyone change my mind on this? If you accept, Please be respectful, And good luck to ya!
-Eugenious
cyborghacker

Con

When the Star Wars Franchise first started, Darth Vader was basically a puppet for Darth Sidious. Darth Sidious turned Vader to the dark side and was in control of him for most of the franchise. If this was a one-on-one battle, Than it would be much different. Since Vader technically can't shoot lightning from his hand, He would be at a disadvantage (http://starwars. Wikia. Com/wiki/Forum:Can_Darth_Vader_use_force_lightning) Also, Sidious is much more experienced and agile than Vader.
In "The Return of The Jedi", Sidious asks Luke to kill Vader and take his place as Sidious' apprentice. But, Luke refuses. So, Naturally, Sidious, Tortures him with lightning. Then, Vader throws Sidious down a chute. But, Vader then dies because of the Emperor's Lightning.

The only reason why Sidious dies is because Vader killed him by surprise. In terms of ability, Sidious is much stronger. If Sidious had time with Vader, He could easily force choke him, And then shock him with lightning. Vader would not have much time to react.

Also, Sidious has extremely good strategy. He manipulated the Chosen One to the dark side. He also, Was the (sorry for my language) friggin' Chancellor of the Jedi Order. I mean, He was a fudging Dark Lord, Who practically ruled his enemy.
In Revenge of the Sith, Sidious let Mace Windu "beat" him. He relied on Vader to protect him, Which he did. Then he (Sidious) proceeded to kill him with lightning. Mace Windu is obviously stronger than Vader, Because he was in the Jedi Council, And Vader (Anakin at the time) was not. Because Sidious killed Windu, That means Sidious could just about as easily slaughter Vader.

Thank you for your time, And I hope you reply soon!

-cyborghacker
Eugenious

Pro

Well, First you said that at the start of the franchise, Darth Vader was a puppet to Sidious. But, I would remind you that Sidious himself was a puppet to Plagueis long before all of this! Do you see what I mean? You can't judge power based on the start of things. You have to judge them based on the end of things, When each has reached his full power.

Next, You made the argument about using force lightning, But the only reason Vader cannot do this is because of his suit, Not because of him.

Finally, If Sidious was so strong, Why couldn't he sense that Vader was about to attack him? It just makes no sense. I still maintain that because of Vader killing Sidious, He is naturally more powerful.

Back to you!
cyborghacker

Con

cyborghacker forfeited this round.
Posted by Eugenious 3 years ago
Eugenious
That's perfectly alright. Out of curiosity, Which sith do you believe was the most powerful?
Posted by cyborghacker 3 years ago
cyborghacker
I agree with Mr_Popper.
Sorry Eugenious for forfeiting, I was on a vacation.
Posted by Mr_Popper 3 years ago
Mr_Popper
I think Anakin Skywalker (prior to being severely wounded on Mustafar) could have potentially overthrown Sidious with some time, However with Vader becoming disabled and less acrobatic it severely hindered his power, Causing him to doubt his ability and seek an apprentice to help him kill the Emperor. I have no doubt that if Vader had defeated Obi-wan on Mustafar and escaped unscathed then he would've easily overpowered Sidious when the time came.
Posted by Eugenious 3 years ago
Eugenious
I changed the debate since the last one was cancelled, So everyone just ignore those previous comments.
-Eugenious
Posted by Eugenious 3 years ago
Eugenious
I posted my reasons why. If you think differently, Accept the challenge.
-Eugenious
Posted by killshot 3 years ago
killshot
Totally subjective. Best rapper meaning skill, Or? . .