PressF4Respect
Klopstockia

Debate. Org has turned into a toxic wasteland

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

PressF4Respect

Pro

In this debate, I will be stating the very obvious point that debate. Org has turned into a terrible website, Both in technical terms and in terms of the people using it. Con will obviously be arguing the opposite. Best of luck to the con, Whoever that may be.

Rules:
All the rules of debate. Org
First round is for acceptance
Klopstockia

Con

Greetings, It is nice to meet you. In my humble opinion, Debate. Org is possibly the greatest website that has ever been created. I enjoy kicking logic around a bit, And I feel that to a certain extent you must feel the same way (since you are here).
PressF4Respect

Pro

I thank my opponent, Klopstockia, For debating this issue with me today.

I agree that the concept of debate. Org is good. However, One quick look at this website will show that many of the debates on here (the more recent the debate, The lower quality it generally is) include one or more parties involved in the debate either:
a) Trolling
b) Attacking the other person without making any valid points
c) Forfeiting one or more of the rounds
or
d) Creating poor arguments in general

I will expand on this argument in the next round. I apologize for the lack of depth of this argument, As I have been very busy as of late.
Klopstockia

Con

Greetings! It is nice to be here with you having an interesting debate! At least I find it interesting - how other people feel about it is their own concern!

The points made by the Right Honorable Gentleman are - in my personal opinion - 100 percent accurate. A great deal of what is in this website is of a low standard when considered by those who aspire to a higher standard. For example please read the following - blah blah blah blah blah. You may have not found value in it but I sure as hell enjoyed it! This website gave me the opportunity to have such fun even though it may not be what upperclassmen have respect for.

I feel that the topic as stated is one of personal point of view and personal points of view do not overrule all points of view. Either deal with it or stay away from it.

Albert Einstein stated in his Theory of Relativity that - basically - what the world is depends on your view of it. And who can argue with Einstein? (No one can he is deceased ha ha)

I thank you for your time!
PressF4Respect

Pro

Once again, This website refuses to post my argument (another reason why it is so bad). Anyways, Here it is:
https://docs. Google. Com/document/d/1HYEJb-tp0NfE_eqTqZEeGaE9ZaV4Qkc-UNbM-E5cERg/edit? Usp=sharing
Klopstockia

Con

Good morning!

Due to technical difficulties I cannot look at your argument. Therefore - for me it doesn't exist!

I agree with the prosecution's point of view completely. This website makes me sick. I mean physically puking sick! BLAH!
When you think of the time wasted on all this terrible garbage it is a doggone shame! I could be out in the yard watering the pansies or chasing away the yellow jackets but no - here I am on Debate. Org again!

I concede the debate to the Right Honorable Gentleman entirely. However I am afraid that it is a matter of winning the battle and losing the war. This whole affair has been utterly worthless to all for sure - but I HAD FUN! So as long as there others like me, Debate. Org will continue to offer very little mental stimulation to most of the smart and well meaning people of the world.

I thank you for your time time time time time!
Posted by Mathunga 5 days ago
Mathunga
@PressF4Respect, Of all the problems you've listed, You forgot to mention how many posts on this site are people advertising pot.
Posted by DeletedUser 1 month ago
DeletedUser
Try debating Akheten. That wasn"t fun
Posted by Anonymous03 1 month ago
Anonymous03
An anti-vaxxer who thinks the health system is a lie
Dick-sucker of backwardseden
And just all round insane discount backwardseden, Respectively.
Posted by Anonymous03 1 month ago
Anonymous03
Akhenaten, 21centuryiconoclast, WisdomOfAges. . . The list unfortunately goes on and on.
Posted by DeletedUser 1 month ago
DeletedUser
How could a con win this debate
All you"d have to say is "backwardseden, " and "fanboymctroll" and you"ve won.