Geographia
RMTheSupreme

DebateIsland ought to have a DDO style forum

RMTheSupreme has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Geographia

Pro

I am challenging RMTheSupreme.

As DDO is being overrun with spam, The users of DDO have turned their sights someplace else as a place to discuss politics and other topics. DDO used to have a bustling forum where one could discuss just about anything with their fellow members and play forum games such as mafia. As of right now, Discussion on DI is limited to debating. This is what I view as limiting and by adding a forum, DI can add a layer of function that will only benefit DI. Said benefits can only be reached if DI creates a forum. Note that I do not believe the forum should replace the debate system DI has, But rather as an addition.

The point of this debate is to show whether or not Debate Island has a strong interest in creating a forum and should almost immediately start serious plans to code in a forum like DDO has. I am challenging RMTheSupreme as my opponent, And I hope to have a fruitful debate.

TERMS

Debate Island, Or DI, Debateisland. Com
DDO stands for Debate. Org and the site we are in now.
Ought in this case means that Debate Island, In their quest to have a excellent debate website, Needs to create a forum if they are to stand out and have options.
A "DDO style forum" means that, Like on DDO and other websites, On can create a thread on any subject and someone else can reply. Wikipedia's definition is as follows:

" an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. [1] They differ from chat rooms in that messages are often longer than one line of text, And are at least temporarily archived. Also, Depending on the access level of a user or the forum set-up, A posted message might need to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible.
Forums have a specific set of jargon associated with them; example: a single conversation is called a "thread", Or topic.

A discussion forum is hierarchical or tree-like in structure: a forum can contain a number of subforums, Each of which may have several topics. Within a forum's topic, Each new discussion started is called a thread, And can be replied to by as many people as so wish. "

https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Internet_forum

Round 1 is for acceptance
Posted by Geographia 3 years ago
Geographia
How is it unwinnable?

I'll try to remake the debate later today.
Posted by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
This debate, As it is, Is semantically unwinnable for Con so I'm not sure what your high ground is there.
Posted by Geographia 3 years ago
Geographia
Not if you'll play the semantics game.
Posted by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
Then alter the wording and I will destroy you left right and centre.
Posted by Geographia 3 years ago
Geographia
Literally my position.
Posted by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
I would not be just content with just 'forum' but I would be ONLY content with that for the definitions you've provided.

I also would ONLY be content with 'add on top of what is there' and not 'have, Which it already does' as what the Pro has to advocate for DI.
Posted by Geographia 3 years ago
Geographia
Not sure why you have issues over "DDO style forum". Would you be content with just "forum"?
Posted by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
I am not.
Posted by Geographia 3 years ago
Geographia
Are you daft?
Posted by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
Then stop saying ddo style forums.