TrumpSupporter
JimShady

DebateIsland.com Actively Developed Debate Website VS Debate.org?

JimShady

TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com released another new update that includes user page customization, redesigned Debting, new Debates and Communtiies views, redesigned profile, new closed Debate functionality and Debate status.

DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls.
DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there.

The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service.
A lot of other users from competitor websites and forums have switched to DebateIsland.
I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com.

Debateisland.com is a modern casual debate website with great functionality and design. The website is making a formal format of Debating in addition to their current casual format. The page speeds are great... it's built for the modern web. The community is civil. Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO.
The casual Debating is great and users can get input from the whole whole community

with a great design and amazing functionality there as well. It is extremely civil, with amazing moderation and computerized spam filter.
JimShady

Con

Arguments:

1. All of the "new" features (They've been out for awhile) have already been on DDO basically since its foundation.
2. "DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls." If your have to block them, is it really troll free? And on DDO, you can do the same thing.
3. The DI (DebateIsland) community is about as civil as DDO, just check some of the "debates." The reason I put debates in quotation marks is because ehtey aren't really fu;ll on debates, they are more like discussions with no way to vote.
4. "I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com." This is a lie, why are you still here?
5. The page speed is one fraction of a second faster then DDO. While this may be better, it usually doesn't matter because the main thing is someone's internet speed. So in theory, DDO can be a lot faster then DI. Also, the fact that it's faster is because it doesn't have much stuff; it's underdeveloped.
6. The founder of DDO has his heirs, and they reach out to us. Plus, I don't really care if the founder reaches out or not, to be honest.
7. Your debate ratio is of wins to loses is 28.57/100, so DebateIsland is obviously not making you a better debater.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com is actively developed unlike Debate.org. The page speed is much faster as well.
JimShady

Con

I have already explained why the page speed is maybe a fraction of a bit faster, and how it really matter on internet speed. Also, the only reason DI is actively developing is because it is so underdeveloped, DDO already has a bunch of stuff.

Please address my other points, and do not respond with a 1 sentence response again, it will not bode well for you with voters.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

You don"t have evidence for your page speed. It is much more of a difference, you can check on Google page speed. Also, DebateIsland is mobile friendly and responsive unlike Debate.org.
JimShady

Con

You don't have evidence for your page speed either, and since you are the one making the claims, the burden of proof is on you. Simply stating go check the Google page speed means nothing, actually show it to me.

And, I did check the speed. Like I said before, the speed difference is barely noticeable. If a fraction of a second is your main reason why DI is better then DDO, then your argument is pretty bad.

DDO is mobile friendly, in fact I check it on my phone about 1nce every day. Hell, I even check it and respond to people on my freaking Wii U!

DDO is very responsive, I have just responded to you, admins respond to all the messages, and stuff like that.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 11 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Ever since I read one of your rap battles, I keep reading everything in rhythm! What have you done to me!
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 11 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Pika chu!!!!!
Posted by JimShady 11 months ago
JimShady
thanks for the vote, pika!
Posted by NDECD1441 12 months ago
NDECD1441
Geocentricist, shoutout to you in response to PowerPikachu comment :3

But yes. The flat earth ones are popular.
Posted by NDECD1441 12 months ago
NDECD1441

Posted by PowerPikachu21 12 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Yeah, good game. TrumpSupporter has no idea how to debate. I also feel in debateisland some debates are hardly considered, but the biggest debates are the flat earth related ones.
Vote Placed by PowerPikachu21 11 months ago
PowerPikachu21
TrumpSupporterJimShadyTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm getting tired of TrumpSupporter, to be honest. Con makes clear rebuttals to a ton of statements from Round 1, to which TrumpSupporter drops these points, and goes to merely bring up points already addressed. Again, I award Conduct to Con since TrumpSupporter doesn't actively engage in debate.