TrumpSupporter
PinkSheep123

DebateIsland.com New Debate Website VS Debate.org?

PinkSheep123

TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com just released tournaments. Their tournaments have different Debating formats such as Formal Traditional, Formal Lincoln-Douglas, etc., have prizes such as points, badges, etc, range from Blitz (15 minutes per round) to 48 hours per round, are 8 people, etc.

DebateIsland.com released "Formal" Debating. That includes Lincoln-Douglas Debating and Traditional Debating. They also have a Blitz mode which is 15 minutes per round. Their is a 9 point voting system.

DebateIsland.com has Debra AI which is DebateIsland"s artificially intelligence. Debra AI has analytics for all arguments, User Analytics, and predicts the winner of Casual, Persaude Me, Formalish, and Formal Debates.

DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls.
DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there.

The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service.
A lot of other users from competitor websites and forums have switched to DebateIsland.
I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com.

Debateisland.com is a modern casual debate website with great functionality and design. The website is making a formal format of Debating in addition to their current casual format. The page speeds are great... it's built for the modern web. The community is civil. Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO.
The casual Debating is great and users can get input from the whole whole community

with a great design and amazing functionality there as well. It is extremely civil, with amazing moderation and computerized spam filter.
PinkSheep123

Con

Hello and I thank con for instigating

Rebuttal:

Tournaments:
The point of debate.org is to debate fun topics with a growing community, while allowing for multiple different formats that debateisland does not provide, such as parlimentary. Comparing debate.org to debateisland is like comparing apples to oranges. Yes, they are both fruits, but they are different

"Formal" debtaing Same rebuttal above

Debra AI: Is it fair to have a robot judge arguments that is may not understand and rate lower because of that? People voting and criticism is better then robot

Troll-Free In my opinion, advertising for another site on a rival site is being a troll. I ask con to stop posting new debates on this topic, just arguments in this one. Ergo, if you are a member of debateisland, because you are a member. At least 3 DDO members would agree with me: Ya_Boi_Em, Debatwinnerpro and Pill_Junkie_Monkie, therefore it is not an ad homenium fallacy

Very Civil: matter of opinion

Con talks about computerization. However, the point of debating is to have fun and get judged by people

"A lot"-
Anecdotal evidence. No examples besides yourself.

Con uses a lot of opinions throughout, with phrases such as "great"

Con has provided no sources

Arguments

A-We are arguing on Debate.org
Voters, are we arguing this on debateisland? No. We are arguing on debate.org

B-Debate.org has much more topics
In total, debateisland has 1,400 debates. (debateisland)
Debate.org has over 15,000 debates (debate.org)

Debate.org provides more information.

TrumpSupporter

Pro

Votes are created by users, not Debra AI. Debra AI provides user analytics, argument analytics, and Debate Prediction. The spam system is computerized, not the Debate voting. DebateIsland.com has more Debating formats than Debate.org.
PinkSheep123

Con

Con has not adressed either of my arguments, my source refutation, my opinion refutation, my anecdotal fallacy refutation, tournament refutation, and formal debating refutation

Rebuttal

Votes created by users, no Debra AI:
It is still unfair to judge carefully researched arguments based off a computer system. How does a computer know how one argument is better then another? Also, Debate Prediction discourages debaters that are predicted against, which is not what debate is about

Spam System Computerized: Computers can mess up. For example, over 100 debateisland users have been punished for spam, and only 56 of them were spammers. That shows that 44 innocent people got punished for a computerized spam system. Is that Fair?

More formats: Inside of Debate.org, users can create their own formats, instead of following formats. On Debateisland, you could not do rap battles or video game fight sequences. Also, debate.org has MANY more topics then debateisland

(I forgot to adress this round one)You can block trolls: You can do that on DDO to

Arguments extend

Voters, all of my arguments are still on the table, and all of con's arguments are refuted. Therefore, please vote for me.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

Debra Artifical Intelligence predicts the winner/s of Debates, Debra does not vote for them or influence votes. Debta AI does this using artificial intelligence and analytics for every comment.
PinkSheep123

Con

Voters, Con has not adressed any of my other rebuttals besides debra ai, and my arguments are still on the table.

Rebuttal

Debra AI:
Again, predicting is detrimental to the confidence of a debator. Predictions influence outcomes such as vegas odds with mma fights

Arguments and Rebuttals extend

Voters, my arguments and rebuttals are still on the table, and con has no argument or rebuttal left un-refuted. Therefore, please vote for me.
Posted by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: 3_LITTLE_birds// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments), 2 points to Pro (Conduct, S&G). Reasons for voting decision: I hate to side with a Trump supporter, but I think they proved their point, despite a lack of effort in the later rounds.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn"t explain conduct or S&G. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to specifically assess arguments presented by both sides. The voter only generalizes about one side"s points without any specific assessment.
************************************************************************
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
TrumpSupporterPinkSheep123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Gosh, pro's argument centers on the lack of spam and trolls, while being the embodiment of those two things (he did not disagree with this assessment)... Further con found stats somewhere showing you're about as likely to be blocked from that site for the crime of not being a spam bot, as you are for being a spambot (46%). Pro has every opportunity to counter this, but does not, making it seem likely true. Then there's a computer system designed to discourage debaters... Had Pro been a user on Debate.org at any point before his spam parade, he could have made some strong arguments against this site, but he instead had nothing to say against this site other than things like 1,400 is a higher number than 15,000. Con admitedly went for the absolute rebuttal tactic rather than building up debate.org, but he gave some counter examples such as number of debates, users not being blocked for being real people instead of spam-bots. Also pro, please cease the plagiarism, it makes DI look like DI
Vote Placed by Vaarka 3 years ago
Vaarka
TrumpSupporterPinkSheep123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: .
Vote Placed by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
TrumpSupporterPinkSheep123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The reason I'm voting Con is chiefly based on neither side being particularly convincing. Both sides present relatively subjective reasons to prefer one or the other site, and much of Con's responses to Pro's arguments seem to concede the fact that different, even in additive ways, isn't clearly better. Con does have some arguments that go unaddressed, so I could vote on either of those (despite them falling victim to the same criticisms Con levies at Pro), but the chief reason for my vote is one of burden of proof. As Pro instigated this debate, it's his burden to prove that debateisland is better than DDO as a debate website. He never accomplishes that goal by providing anything more than statements about what debateisland has that DDO does not, which, as Con points out, does not clearly affirm the resolution. That lack of affirmation automatically means I award the debate to Con.
Vote Placed by SupaDudz 3 years ago
SupaDudz
TrumpSupporterPinkSheep123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: PRO drops the entire argument and brings up false info. Bad info is used and the other args dropped will outweigh the other CON args dropped