PyromanGaming
PointyDelta

Democracy is bad

PointyDelta has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

PyromanGaming

Pro

I don't think that democracy is very good, however, being subject to indoctrination in my school system in Canada, there were very little good reasons to support democracy other than "it's good for the people", which i would argue the opposite. Feel free to join, and good luck!
PointyDelta

Con

I accept the challenge. I'll argue that democracy is a vital check on the power of government even though it certainly has deleterious effects.
PyromanGaming

Pro

Hello! I will be debating that democracy is bad. People in a world of corruption, screwed up viewpoints, and fake news, are unable to decide who can possibly run our country. In my school, a place where students should be taught the truth and only the truth, any belief that goes against what the beliefs of the school is considered a mortal sin. Like grade 6 social studies is indoctrination in a textbook! I find that this makes the students more ignorant, so why are we expecting them to decide who should run our country? In fact, why should we be expecting anyone who doesn't know to run a country, run a country? This is a fundamental issue within countries like America, and my own, Canada that no seems to even be questioning. The people who run for positions can easily promote themselves and sweep anything bad about them under the rug. Many of these people who vote will look at the candidates for an hour, which is insufficient for deciding essentially what your country will value, your laws, and how your country is looked upon. By ignorantly voting in the wrong people, you don't just screw over yourself, but you put a stain on your country's flag. Why are we letting the dumb and ignorant public vote in whoever without knowing how the heck to run a country? Democracy is like when you fly a plane as a passenger, and you have to fly the plane and keep it from crashing. How can you do that when you don't even know how to fly a plane? This is why i find democracy deplorable. Thank you!
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
And can you really choose wrong in a democracy ?... You get what you want until you do not want it.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
"When people have the freedom to choose, they choose wrong, every single time." ~ Lois Lowry.
Hitler, Stalin, Mao and others had freedom to choose, they choose wrong every time.
Posted by Hadii 3 years ago
Hadii
"When people have the freedom to choose, they choose wrong, every single time." ~ Lois Lowry
Here's another good anti-democracy quote.
Posted by gameprogrammer 3 years ago
gameprogrammer
To quote Winston Churchill: "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others."
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Anyway. if you do not have oil "democracy" garanties wealth.
Posted by PyromanGaming 3 years ago
PyromanGaming
Im not debating what to replace democracy with, im debating whether or not it is a good idea. I have considered that and i have though about some form of utilitarian government with a system where only very intelligent people will vote, but i wouldn't necessarily consider this democracy as democracy allows all or nearly all individuals to vote. I haven't gone in depth in my thinking, but i have thought about it a fair bit.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Anyway "democracy" garanties happiness.
http://worldhappiness.report...
Posted by Hadii 3 years ago
Hadii
Yeah democracy is bad, but just wondering what are you going be to replace it with? An autocracy?
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Real democracy does not exist..
Posted by John_C_1812 3 years ago
John_C_1812
Democracy is described constitutional as a free religion. Meaning it can hold no self-value to spite any claims made by a majority.