TX_Debator
Our_Boat_is_Right

Democrats and Republicans are 2 sides of the same coin

TX_Debator has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

TX_Debator

Pro

They are 2 sides of the same coin. On the Democrats side, You have extreme left wing people intermixed with some with Social Justice Warriors. On the Republican side, You have extreme right wing people with some Neo-Nazi's mixed in. I would say I agree more with Democrats such as the minimum wage, Global warming, And gay rights, However this stupid Black Lives Matter garbage is a waste of time, Considering most Blacks are shot by other Blacks and not cops, And the Social Justice Warriors play the oppression olympics and I can't stand it. And I don't want to ban all guns, Only automatics and semi-autos, And bump stocks. Any gun that the military has, Civilians don't need. I didn't like Obamacare, All it was is a mandate to buy private insurance. We should have Bernie Sander's plan for universal healthcare, Or a system like Canada has. Both sides are bought and paid for through wall street bankers, Both represent only 1 extreme side each yet people are duped into voting for them every year. Each side just says what certain people want to hear or just see what the polls say, But don't actually believe their positions. Most Americans are moderates. I consider myself a Classical Liberal, Or a Center-Left libertarian.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Con

"They are 2 sides of the same coin. On the Democrats side, You have extreme left wing people intermixed with some with Social Justice Warriors. On the Republican side, You have extreme right wing people with some Neo-Nazi's mixed in. "
I agree with the SJW statement. What does "extreme' mean, For both parties? What type of people are neo-nazis? Is it individuals or systemically?

"I would say I agree more with Democrats such as the minimum wage, Global warming, And gay rights, However this stupid Black Lives Matter garbage is a waste of time, Considering most Blacks are shot by other Blacks and not cops, And the Social Justice Warriors play the oppression olympics and I can't stand it. "
On minimum wage, It helps young people get jobs if there is no minimum wage. Also, Money flow will go awry because higher positions will not be able to pay employees if the minimum wage is increased. It also teaches young kids responsibility if they get paid little, Rather than getting paid a minimum but working less than say other people. I am not very educated on the minimum wage, And you probably know more, So this is a pretty weak point for me. Global Warming is a cycle of weather, And after scientists told on other scientists they were making up data, I became more skeptical. In the 70's people said it was global cooling, But after they changed to global warming because it didn't continue to cool. It is just a cycle of weather. I agree on black lives matter.

"And I don't want to ban all guns, Only automatics and semi-autos, And bump stocks. Any gun that the military has, Civilians don't need. "
This is my most firm topic, And I already know you are not very educated on it, But that's fine, I am on other things too ;)
Automatics have been banned since the 1930's. Semi-automatics are basically every gun, Except for maybe shotguns and revolvers, Even though they shoot one bullet after one trigger pull, Just slower. Not sure about bump stocks. Civilians need guns for self-defense and protection against a potential tyrannical government. Guns save far more lives than are taken by them through self-defense, And gun bans have proven not effective in decreasing murder rates. For example, The after the UK banned guns, The murder rates spiked up, Then went back down but only the same as was before the ban. In Australia, The gun ban was not effective either.

"I didn't like Obamacare, All it was is a mandate to buy private insurance. We should have Bernie Sander's plan for universal healthcare, Or a system like Canada has. "
Agreed with on ObamaCare. But not a big fan of government health care in general.

"Both represent only 1 extreme side each yet people are duped into voting for them every year. Each side just says what certain people want to hear or just see what the polls say, But don't actually believe their positions. Most Americans are moderates. I consider myself a Classical Liberal, Or a Center-Left libertarian. "

I think people believe their positions. At least most. Some people back up claims with facts, Too. Ehh, Based on your positions, Your a little more than classical, But not too much ;)
Posted by mosc 3 years ago
mosc
Government - exists as power. Democracy its a total sham. It confuses the forms of government with the substance of Government. Obozo the shoe shine boy in the White House when he could not get consensus in Congress simply wrote an Executive Order.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
I doubt democrats are neoliberal. I think you are talking about classical democrats. Many people are becoming SJW's and leftists though, The party has been completely changed. I see what you are seeing though.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
USA doesn't really have any left wing parties, Or they're tiny.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Democrats are neoliberal, That is right wing. Democrats would be moderate right in any other country.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Republicans are right, Democrats are left. Its sorta accepted in society.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Do u know how oximoronic that sounds
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Democrats are right wing. Not even close to the far left.