Our_Boat_is_Right
NKJVPrewrather

Deport all Illegal Immigrants: Change my Mind

Our_Boat_is_Right

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Simple. Illegal immigrants do not belong here lawfully. Wait in line like the other civil humans. Now cities like LA and SF are prioritizing illegals over homeless and citizens.
NKJVPrewrather

Con

I can only type, but the Holy Spirit changes consentinting hearts and minds. I am a Christian, so I believe in do unto others as you would have them do unto you, per the command of Jesus. I am a profamily centrist Democrat, and love many President Trump policies, just not on immigration. If I were President of America, I would create a pathway to citizenship for those already here, and put in place a vetting process for those law abiding humans that need our help. Putting these people to good, honest work would improve the economy, have compassion on literally homeless humans, and lower crime. What I am NOT suggesting is a free for all, just something different. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Thx for responding Con: I too am Christian; however, you should argue politics from a non-religious stand point, because not everyone agrees with Christianity. The U.S. is a country of laws, and illegals are taking jobs away from Americans who are legal or immigrated LEGALLY. There are also many cases where illegals murdered innocent people. Statistics show the estimated 11.7 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. account for 13.6 percent of all offenders sentenced for crimes committed in the U.S. Twelve percent of murder sentences, 20 percent of kidnapping sentences and 16 percent of drug trafficking sentences are meted out to illegal immigrants. They bring crime into the country. Whether it is more or less than Americans, it is a crime that they should've committed in their home country-NOT the U.S., where they are here illegally. Colleges are providing financial benefits to people that shouldn't be here over Americans. Put Americans first. Americans are dreamers too, and they don't want opportunity taken away from people who won't come here the right way. Thoughts?
NKJVPrewrather

Con

Forget the religious part and read what else I said then. Create a pathway to citizenship for law abiding people, vet thge ones who want to be American, and put these people to work. Like I said I am a centrist, not a liberal or vonservative. I favor whatever works.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

The thing about this is, they should not even be here in the first. Theyr'e not even law abiding in the fist place, because they broke a law to come in the country. Many people who wait in line feel cheated because of the 12 mill illegal immigrants. They destroy the economy and take jobs away from Americans.
NKJVPrewrather

Con

I hate having to use cliche arguments, but we are a nation of immigrants. Do you dpeak a Nativ language? If you are not indiginous, you can trace back to immigrants. Many Honduran immigrant women are fleeing gang rape and slavery which is what human trafficing is. Mexicans are fleeing drug wars. Do we get rid of criminals? Yes. Do we keep everyone else. The reason I brought up the Bible is it influences my vote and says to do good unto the least of these. Are not the immigrants the least of these. I have a very tough question for you, sir: Do you want your mind changed, pr do you just want to share what you think? I see nothing wrong with either.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

We are not a nation of illegal immigrants however. We are a nation of laws. When you say that people are fleeing their countries because of dangerous situations and coming to America to stay safe, sure, that is fine with me as long as they go back to their home country once the situation is figured out. They can not use their country as an excuse to stay here after the situation has been figured out. The Bible does not say to be welcoming to ILLEGAL immigrants knowingly breaking the law and not going through the country the right way. I will be open to having my mind changed with a convincing argument. So far, this has not been convincing at all. Again, they destroy the economy and take jobs away from law-abiding Americans. Your argument is basically to be kind to illegal immigrants. I have given many facts, but you have not. So therefore, you have not changed my mind. Hopefully in your last argument you give facts and statistics, then you will have a much better chance to change my mind.
NKJVPrewrather

Con

Yes we are. White people kidnapped black and Irish people, and illegally immigrated here against the wishes of NATIVES! Are you that ignorant that you don't even know this? You are not saying this about white immigrants, are you a racist? You don't want your mind changed, you are just trolling a debate site and wasting my time. I am blocking you asd soon as this goes to voting, because I am here to actually debate. I am more honest than you because I admit this: I will not change my mind, ever, because unlike you, I am not a racist.
Posted by zhaod1 2 years ago
zhaod1
Of course it's ridiculous that not many people in America have a college degree. The country has already helped to level the chances of going to college with affirmative action. Unfortunately, We can't exactly force people to work harder.
Do you have a source that illegals get free benefits?
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 2 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Exactly. That is my point, And it is rediculous. Some illegals get free benefits like healthcare and college paid for them, Because the libs want them in our country.
Posted by zhaod1 2 years ago
zhaod1
asta
What about if they already were incarcerated and after they were let out of jail, They illegally come the US?
I don't think Mexico would track every incarcerated individual.
Posted by zhaod1 2 years ago
zhaod1
But only around a quarter of the population has a college degree.
How would illegals get benefits if they are non citizens?
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 2 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Yes, It is in the name. They are illegal. Simply come the right way, Problem solved. Every country has a right to protect their borders. The U. S. Wants the finest people and doesn't want uneducated bad people in the country. Also, American's tax dollars go towards them and some get free college and benefits regular Americans don't get.
Posted by asta 2 years ago
asta
"However, They did come illegally, So there's no way for us to make a background check on them to make sure they aren't criminals. ". Let's say they were a Mexican who fled due to a murder charge. The Mexican government could tell the US to deport that individual back to Mexico and the US could cooperate. This doesn't mean that every illegal immigration should get deported in an effort to keep a few bad people out.
Posted by zhaod1 2 years ago
zhaod1
I wouldn't say there is is much of a difference between the crime rate of illegals and Americans and not enough evidence for the claim that illegals take away jobs more than they make in the US. However, They did come illegally, So there's no way for us to make a background check on them to make sure they aren't criminals.
I hope, Though, That immigration laws would become less strict so that many foreigners that couldn't immigrate before can immigrate now.
Posted by asta 2 years ago
asta
Is there a reason to deport the illegals?

You may say they are bad but there are plenty of Americans that are bad too. Should we deport bad americans? Should we deport criminals, People that committed a worse crime then being in the country illegally?
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 2 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Illegals should be deported. And that's great, You can argue about reforming laws, But it shouldn't be an excuse for 11 million illegals to enter the country. The U. S. Wants the finest people they can get, They don't want anyone to come in the country because they are poor or what not. We want good people, Not bad. And I will cite a source, Give me a second, The debate was so long ago I don't remember what it was.
Posted by asta 2 years ago
asta
"Statistics show the estimated 11. 7 million illegal immigrants in the U. S. Account for 13. 6 percent of all offenders sentenced for crimes committed in the U. S. Twelve percent of murder sentences, 20 percent of kidnapping sentences and 16 percent of drug trafficking sentences are meted out to illegal immigrants. ". Can you site this? Also, What about the ones who don't commit crimes?

"The U. S. Is a country of laws, And illegals are taking jobs away from Americans who are legal or immigrated LEGALLY. ". While they take jobs, Many also create jobs. Also, We should have some requirements for entering the country, However, Some of the requirements are so strict, Many legal citizens can't pass them, So the legal process should be reformed.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Our_Boat_is_RightNKJVPrewratherTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con called Pro racist. This is poor conduct.
Vote Placed by Varrack 3 years ago
Varrack
Our_Boat_is_RightNKJVPrewratherTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments: Pro argued that deporting all illegal immigrants is desirable because the the US has a responsibility to enforce its laws and overall crime would be lowered. Con drops both of these and asserts that the economy will improve if they're "put to work", but this assertion is unfounded. Only Pro made args, so he wins this point. Conduct: Con accused Pro, without basis, of being a racist and "trolling" the site. This is egregious conduct because 1) it's unwarranted; nothing Pro said suggested that he spited certain races nor was trolling Con intentionally, and 2) it disrupts the conversational flow of what was, until round 4, a civil debate. This is quite rude on the part of Con, and thus warrants a conduct point for Pro.