Our_Boat_is_Right
NKJVPrewrather

Deport all Illegal Immigrants: Change my Mind

Our_Boat_is_Right

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Simple. Illegal immigrants do not belong here lawfully. Wait in line like the other civil humans. Now cities like LA and SF are prioritizing illegals over homeless and citizens.
NKJVPrewrather

Con

I can only type, but the Holy Spirit changes consentinting hearts and minds. I am a Christian, so I believe in do unto others as you would have them do unto you, per the command of Jesus. I am a profamily centrist Democrat, and love many President Trump policies, just not on immigration. If I were President of America, I would create a pathway to citizenship for those already here, and put in place a vetting process for those law abiding humans that need our help. Putting these people to good, honest work would improve the economy, have compassion on literally homeless humans, and lower crime. What I am NOT suggesting is a free for all, just something different. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Thx for responding Con: I too am Christian; however, you should argue politics from a non-religious stand point, because not everyone agrees with Christianity. The U.S. is a country of laws, and illegals are taking jobs away from Americans who are legal or immigrated LEGALLY. There are also many cases where illegals murdered innocent people. Statistics show the estimated 11.7 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. account for 13.6 percent of all offenders sentenced for crimes committed in the U.S. Twelve percent of murder sentences, 20 percent of kidnapping sentences and 16 percent of drug trafficking sentences are meted out to illegal immigrants. They bring crime into the country. Whether it is more or less than Americans, it is a crime that they should've committed in their home country-NOT the U.S., where they are here illegally. Colleges are providing financial benefits to people that shouldn't be here over Americans. Put Americans first. Americans are dreamers too, and they don't want opportunity taken away from people who won't come here the right way. Thoughts?
NKJVPrewrather

Con

Forget the religious part and read what else I said then. Create a pathway to citizenship for law abiding people, vet thge ones who want to be American, and put these people to work. Like I said I am a centrist, not a liberal or vonservative. I favor whatever works.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

The thing about this is, they should not even be here in the first. Theyr'e not even law abiding in the fist place, because they broke a law to come in the country. Many people who wait in line feel cheated because of the 12 mill illegal immigrants. They destroy the economy and take jobs away from Americans.
NKJVPrewrather

Con

I hate having to use cliche arguments, but we are a nation of immigrants. Do you dpeak a Nativ language? If you are not indiginous, you can trace back to immigrants. Many Honduran immigrant women are fleeing gang rape and slavery which is what human trafficing is. Mexicans are fleeing drug wars. Do we get rid of criminals? Yes. Do we keep everyone else. The reason I brought up the Bible is it influences my vote and says to do good unto the least of these. Are not the immigrants the least of these. I have a very tough question for you, sir: Do you want your mind changed, pr do you just want to share what you think? I see nothing wrong with either.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

We are not a nation of illegal immigrants however. We are a nation of laws. When you say that people are fleeing their countries because of dangerous situations and coming to America to stay safe, sure, that is fine with me as long as they go back to their home country once the situation is figured out. They can not use their country as an excuse to stay here after the situation has been figured out. The Bible does not say to be welcoming to ILLEGAL immigrants knowingly breaking the law and not going through the country the right way. I will be open to having my mind changed with a convincing argument. So far, this has not been convincing at all. Again, they destroy the economy and take jobs away from law-abiding Americans. Your argument is basically to be kind to illegal immigrants. I have given many facts, but you have not. So therefore, you have not changed my mind. Hopefully in your last argument you give facts and statistics, then you will have a much better chance to change my mind.
NKJVPrewrather

Con

Yes we are. White people kidnapped black and Irish people, and illegally immigrated here against the wishes of NATIVES! Are you that ignorant that you don't even know this? You are not saying this about white immigrants, are you a racist? You don't want your mind changed, you are just trolling a debate site and wasting my time. I am blocking you asd soon as this goes to voting, because I am here to actually debate. I am more honest than you because I admit this: I will not change my mind, ever, because unlike you, I am not a racist.
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 years ago
Debating_Horse
Damn shame a 37-year old lost to a 14 year old. XD Nice job Our_Boat_is_Right!
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Con, I would like to have a civil conversation. Preferably in your messages, but if you still are not accepting messages I will do it right here. You mentioned in your last argument that "white people kidnap black and Irish people and illegally immigrated against their wishes." My gut tells me that this would be an extremely small portion of illegals, but I could be wrong. Can you provide a source to back up that information? Also, I am not a racist. I treat others equally and with respect regardless of skin color ethnicity, or sex. Illegal immigration never had to do with race, and I never mentioned anything about race. The reason I say we should not have illegals here is because of the following: They are taking advantage of the awful immigration system and getting free benefits such as health care, education, etc., which the government pays for through Americans tax dollars! They're making us pay for people who shouldn't be here in the first place because they broke the law. They're taking our money and using it to provide free benefits for illegals, and treating illegals better than they're treating Americans! We are the only country in the world that does not have a border wall, and every other country that doesn't have the same illegal immigration problems as we do are laughing at us because our system is broke. If you would like to have a civil conversation, please present points that aren't vague generalizations, but rather factual and statistical information. If not, that is your choice, and you mentioned that your time was being wasted(simply because you don't agree with me), but if you think I am wasting your time than you are mistaken. You should not accepted the argument in the first place, much less continue in the rounds if you thought so. I hope you reconsider, because this is an important topic to discuss. I would just like to have a civil conversation about it, without being personally attacked and words being put in my mouth. Thx.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
People... notice when my opponent skips all my points and plays the race card. This is exactly what the left does, even though I did not mention race one single time. They resort to personal attacks when they disagree with your position, as you have seen in her last argument. I want to clarify that I am not a troll, I am simply trying to rationalize her position with supporting facts and statistics. I never insulted her and called her a troll because I disagree with her argument. Personally attack someone and saying their a racist without no proof is NOT a good debating method and is simply called being a dick.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Our_Boat_is_RightNKJVPrewratherTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con called Pro racist. This is poor conduct.
Vote Placed by Varrack 3 years ago
Varrack
Our_Boat_is_RightNKJVPrewratherTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments: Pro argued that deporting all illegal immigrants is desirable because the the US has a responsibility to enforce its laws and overall crime would be lowered. Con drops both of these and asserts that the economy will improve if they're "put to work", but this assertion is unfounded. Only Pro made args, so he wins this point. Conduct: Con accused Pro, without basis, of being a racist and "trolling" the site. This is egregious conduct because 1) it's unwarranted; nothing Pro said suggested that he spited certain races nor was trolling Con intentionally, and 2) it disrupts the conversational flow of what was, until round 4, a civil debate. This is quite rude on the part of Con, and thus warrants a conduct point for Pro.