Jukebox101
stay.fresh

Did God Create Sin?

Jukebox101

Pro

I propose that sin is a reality; therefore, If God created all things, God had to have created sin. Con will argue against this proposition. I also think that if God created sin, He does not necessarily be sinful. For example, If I create a chair, That doesn't mean I do what the chair does, Or even have the same characteristics of the chair.
stay.fresh

Con

I accept this debate. I see your point, However, I do not agree that God created sin.
Jukebox101

Pro

I do not agree that God created sin.

For what reason(s)?

Con needs to respond to the arguments I have provided in R1.

Isaiah 45:7 (ESV)

I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, Who does all these things.

If the Lord creates calamity, Why do you have a problem with him creating evil?
stay.fresh

Con

stay.fresh forfeited this round.
Jukebox101

Pro

I will wait for Con to respond to my arguments.
stay.fresh

Con

It is against God's nature to create sin; He is good and holy. He allowed sin to happen, That doesn't mean he created it. When God was finished creating His Creation, He said it was very good. Sin is obviously bad, So when did He create the sin if He had already said all of Creation was good?
Jukebox101

Pro

So when did He create the sin if He had already said all of Creation was good?

He most likely would have created it before creation. Remember, Lucifer was thrown out of heaven because of his rise against God, And therefore, His sin. Where else would Lucifer had gotten his desire to sin, If he was created perfect?

He allowed sin to happen

Ummm. . . where did it come from then? God is all-powerful, So he could make it where making sin doesn't go against His nature. He made us knowing we would sin, Is that wrong?

- You didn't answer my question about calamity and Isaiah 45:7.

In your view, Why would God making sin be wrong, But God making things knowing they would sin be wrong?
stay.fresh

Con

stay.fresh forfeited this round.
Posted by Jukebox101 3 years ago
Jukebox101
@backwardseden, Can you prove He doesn't exist?
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Well that's counterproductive. And doesn't do one hill of beans of good to anyone now does it? Nope. What you supposed christians fail to realize is that this god of YOURS could have started out with peace, Kindness, Care, Love, Harmony etc etc etc AND KEPT IT! Nah. This god of YOURS is more concerned with evil, Anger, Wrath, Vengeance, Rage, Fury, Jealousy. Jealousy? From a supreme deity? Try harder. All in which this supreme deity has freely admitted to having which as baggage human emotions and nothing but and are counterproductive. Even worse is this god must have according to you christians, Neatly passed all of those hateful emotions down to man so in turn man could learn to hate with at least 1 billion dead all in the supposed "good" name of your god. Great going god. Great going you for worshiping this travesty in which you cannot even prove exists. "More people have died in the name of god than for any other reason. " George Carlin He's right.
Posted by Jukebox101 3 years ago
Jukebox101
@backwardseden the R2 statement was me just copying Con's statement in Rd1; We can sin because he allowed it.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
"Sin is the transgression of the law of God, His morals, And rebellion against him. " But how can anyone rebel against the almighty gamma-ray burst (the most powerful thing known by far) if the most powerful thing is supposed to be god? Isn't this supposed god supposed to be in control of everything, In charge of everything, Knows all and is all powerful, Is omnipotent, And is perfect? Well that's only true IF this god is god. What you suggest is that humans are more powerful than your god is. How can this be?
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Jukebox101 - You contradict yourself. Now I only looked at your RD 2 statement and did not realize what you stated in RD 1 so that's my fault. Either way you stated in RD 2 "I do not agree that God created sin. " which stated that you believe that your god is NOT responsible for creating sin. Its a very strange verbalized sentence. All you had to do was state something to the effect of "I do believe the god according to the bible created sin. " Or something like that. But the sentence, Sorry if its me, In which case it probably is after being awake for well over 34 hours straight, That's a baffling sentence you've got! Please tc and have fun.
Posted by Jukebox101 3 years ago
Jukebox101
Evil and sin can be considered synonymous as well.
Posted by Jukebox101 3 years ago
Jukebox101
For the purpose of the debate, And because I knew personally who I was debating, I didn't define sin.

According to the Bible, Sin is the transgression of the law of God, His morals, And rebellion against him. Its effects impact our world. I believe that because of Adam (and Eve's) sin, [sin] entered creation and (along with God's curse) ruined the "very good" creation. I think that because sin was already in existence, And that nothing is outside of God's control, That it originated from him. Sin is an action, And the ability to sin had to have come from somewhere. Therefore, Sin being able to be a choice had to have come from somewhere as well.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Jukebox101

You forgot to define sin just realised and if you can how did it start or practically impacts us.
Posted by Jukebox101 3 years ago
Jukebox101
@backwardsseden- I am literally arguing that he DID create sin.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Jukebox101 - By stating that you believe that your god does not create sin, It means that you believe that your god is not in control of everything, Is not in charge of everything, Is not all knowing nor is he all powerful, Nor is he in any possible way omnipotent, Nor is he perfect. So why believe? And by you stating that your god is not in control of "sin", It must mean that man is, Which means that man is more powerful than your god to commit sin. So once again, Why believe? Why be dragged down by something in which you cannot prove even exists? Why not take every single breath of fresh air every single morning, Afternoon and evening, And even while you sleep and dream and not have this ridiculous sin thing overlooking your shoulder especially when its NOT needed, Its not a requirement, Nor is it a necessity. Only in your god's made up world is it. So for a third time, Why believe? The aborigines, Gaia Mother Earth, Nearly all native American Indian tribes until they were wiped out by your so-called christian brethren, The Inca, Buddhists, Hindu's etc etc etc they do not, Not anywhere close practice nor preach evil or hate / sin in other words, Anywhere close to what your bible preaches and teaches. So for a final fourth time for this post, Why believe? Why not live a happy life without sin having to look over your shoulder? Please tc and have fun and think about it. That's all. Just think.